Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about leaf springs/shackles/ and sitting level

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about leaf springs/shackles/ and sitting level

I'm currently gathering all the parts to SAS my 87 4Runner. I got a good deal on some all pro 4" front springs and Skys front hanger with extra 2" drop.. Was thinking about running boomerang shackles in the front. The 4" springs and extra 2" drop from the hanger is plenty of height for me. And I've heard boomerangs only give you about another inch.

My question is what shackles and springs should I run in the rear to make it sit level? Could I just run 4" springs and get a shackle that will accommodate for the extra 2" from the front hanger?
Old 08-14-2015, 12:24 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The lift height a set of shackles will give you depends on the straight line measurement from eye to eye, you could have a boomerang shackle with that measurement of 6 inches and it will give you 3 inches lift, or it could be 2 inches and give you 1 inch lift not accounting for how far up the frame your mounting point is or the angle. Your question cannot be answered without measurements provided on what length shackle, where that shackle is placed and at what angle the shackle is at.
Also, the rear depends on what spring hangers you will be using, if you will be using the stock rear hanger or if you will be using a new one and the size of those rear hangers and also the length of the springs because as you move the front hanger forward, the frame slopes downward.

Personally, I would get some springs that match the front if thats what you want and run a 5 inch shackle, if the rear isn't where you want it, shackle plates are cheap.