Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got the FZJ80 coils on!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's what I was wondering... I went with the '97 FZJ80 because I heard the springs were a little heavier duty. When I got the springs they asked if the LC had third row seating... assuming that with 3rd row seating it's heavier, you'd need heavier duty coils, I said "Yay, sire, 'tis the 'terrain roller' with the thrice is nice row of relaxation." I didn't really say that perse'... but, I'm happy with my coils.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Keggo
...I said "Yay, sire, 'tis the 'terrain roller' with the thrice is nice row of relaxation." I didn't really say that perse'... but, I'm happy with my coils.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:35 PM

How much did the to short coils cost you? Did you get then from the bone yard or new? Any special tools to put them on? and how long did it take?

Dennis
Old 10-23-2005, 06:49 PM
Contributing Member

I had ordered the long coils but was charged for and sent the short coils by accident. The short coils were $132.99 total for me, shipped. Toyotapartsales has the coils brand new. Also, I just used coil spring compressors and your normal mechanics tools. Also, I totally removed the rear bump stops. Just in case you're wondering, the bolt inside the rear bumpstop is a 14mm bolt...
Old 10-23-2005, 07:25 PM

Super! Exactly the answers I was looking for!

Dennis
Old 10-23-2005, 07:28 PM

I had ordered the long coils but was charged for and sent the short coils by accident. The short coils were $132.99 total for me, shipped. Toyotapartsales has the coils brand new. Also, I just used coil spring compressors and your normal mechanics tools. Also, I totally removed the rear bump stops. Just in case you're wondering, the bolt inside the rear bumpstop is a 14mm bolt...
What were the details on the long coils? Part numbers? Year, make, model? How much longer?

Chris
Old 10-23-2005, 10:58 PM
Contributing Member

I totally forgot to get the measurements on the longer coils because I was just kind of tired of waiting and just wanted to get it done.\... But, they were at least .5" to 1" taller than the short side if I remember correctly. The long side part number is 48321-6A100. These are from a '97 Landcruiser FZJ80
Old 10-24-2005, 04:15 PM

I totally forgot to get the measurements on the longer coils because I was just kind of tired of waiting and just wanted to get it done.\... But, they were at least .5" to 1" taller than the short side if I remember correctly. The long side part number is 48321-6A100. These are from a '97 Landcruiser FZJ80
So, does your truck sit level?

I'm hearing that the earlier models have even longer springs than the later models. Can anyone confirm?

Chris
Old 10-25-2005, 07:56 PM
Contributing Member

I think they do since they have a third row of seating. Instead of being longer, they're probably just more heavy duty. Yes, my truck sits fairly level. I personally, after having the butt sag for so long, like the rear to sit just a tad higher, but barely noticeable.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Contributing Member

Nice! Welcome to the 2nd Gen Anti-Saggy Booty Club!
Old 11-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Contributing Member

It must just be the way the 2nd gens are built... Though it is weird that in the end the high side would ultimately be the heavy side! heh heh, oh well! Thanks dude! You have any pics of yours! You're as excited as I am about the BJ Spacers! heh heh, thanks again Garrett!
Mine is offset too but think of this...most of the time you drive around with just yourself in the truck right? Most of us weight more than a full tank of gas. So which side are the springs going to begin to fatigue faster on? That's why I put the longer Cruiser Coil on the drivers side when I did my lift.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:37 PM

I miss the simplicity of a close to stock 4Runner. =/
Old 11-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ravencr
So, does your truck sit level?

I'm hearing that the earlier models have even longer springs than the later models. Can anyone confirm?

Chris
I think so. I can't confirm but I think I have a pair of the early model springs and my truck is noticably higher in the back than the front. Check out my avitar.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4RocRunner92
I miss the simplicity of a close to stock 4Runner. =/
What fun is that?!?!? I remember those days. Once you start the mods, its hard to quit...anybody got a front locker for a 2nd gen?
Old 11-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Contributing Member

Keggo, how have you liked the overall ride thus far? Do they flex well off road?
Old 11-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by PAhydrohead
Mine is offset too but think of this...most of the time you drive around with just yourself in the truck right? Most of us weight more than a full tank of gas. So which side are the springs going to begin to fatigue faster on? That's why I put the longer Cruiser Coil on the drivers side when I did my lift.
Tight... I really don't notice the lean anymore... I love the anti sag though! I like having the rake... it's nice compared to the sag!
Old 11-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by rocket
Keggo, how have you liked the overall ride thus far? Do they flex well off road?
I really like the ride. I haven't gotten to do too much flexy stuff with the new coils in, but I plan on going to a rockier trail. When I did little tests on curbs and stuff it seemed to keep the body pretty level.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:58 AM

I sure wish we could figure out which years definitely have the 8 wraps, because I want to get to left side 8 wrap springs for the extra height it provides,but I can't get a solid answer which is which.

Chris
Old 11-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Contributing Member

All I can say is I'm happy with mine. PAhydrohead is happy with his... that's all that matters. I was stressing out about which coils were the longest... all it did was stress me out... I figured heavier duty springs would get me the best kind of lift without settling too much. Toyotapartsales.com said the coils I got were heavier duty than the others... just something for you to munch on.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:12 PM

All I can say is I'm happy with mine. PAhydrohead is happy with his... that's all that matters. I was stressing out about which coils were the longest... all it did was stress me out... I figured heavier duty springs would get me the best kind of lift without settling too much. Toyotapartsales.com said the coils I got were heavier duty than the others... just something for you to munch on.
I understand that, but I still want to confirm the longer coils. I don't want a heavier or ticker spring, but rather just a taller spring. Which year did you buy?

Chris

Quick Reply: Got the FZJ80 coils on!