Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anybody dial in a Chevy 63" leaf set up for speed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anybody dial in a Chevy 63" leaf set up for speed?

Has anybody played around with the chevy 63" main leaf over the axle for a high speed set up? By playing around i mean attempt to dail in by adding/removing leaves, playing with shackle lengths and angles combo'd with a shock hoop and properly valved resi shock... I know over the axle is not ideal for speed but chevy leaves don't have enough arc to go under and i'm looking for a cheap long travel leaf set up that i can dial in w/ shocks and a shackle as i'm keeping this rig on the budget due to the mass amount of projects i have w/ limited funds on a college budget.

I know ya'll wanna see 10-11 leaf spring under packs but i'm trying to stay away from that for a couple years untill i can afford to go to a swing arm set up.

I have a 98 single cab 2wd, with a downey mid travel front end and add a leaf/shackle in the back. Rear end isn't cutting it and i need longer leafs. Not trying to compete, just looking to tune better for a fun beater.

i'm allready running a decent set up in the xj (cherokee) but i have a feeling i'm going to wanna drive this 4 banger on road trips to the dez more at the moment as i don't have a tow rig and will enjoy the gas milage.

currently runing a 10 leaf national pack in the back of me xj but i wanna keep this truck bed in the yota in tact for a while and need to focus my finances on the motor/revival of drivetrain so...

me...

looking forward to finally owning a taco, i'll post pics of my yoter this weekend after i snap them