99+ Tundra, 00+ Sequoia, 98+ Land Cruiser/LX470 Late model full size trucks and SUVs

Loose center caps

Old 07-09-2017, 09:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Loose center caps

My dad bought an '05 Tundra SR5 Double Cab 4x4 a few weeks ago. I've driven it myself several times, and it's a great truck except it has one issue: The center caps on the rear wheels had been lost before my dad bought the truck.

It seems as though the center caps on the wheels our "new" Tundra has (pics provided below) have a sort of design flaw that causes them to be so poorly secured that they fall out. It's not just our Tundra either, because every time my dad and I see a similar model Tundra or Sequoia with the same wheels, at least one center cap is missing most of the time. My dad spoke with a fellow Tundra owner who also has the same wheels and claimed that even after going through three sets of center caps, they still fell out.

Before my dad decides to buy new center caps, does anyone have any ideas on how we can probably modify them so they don't fall out? Additionally, for those of y'all who have the same wheels, do you frequently lose your center caps, if at all?

Thanks!

Now for the pics!

The windshield is taped up in the pics because it was brand new and freshly mounted when my dad bought the truck, and the glue/sealant was still drying at the time. We might remove the wind deflectors over the windows soon because they're a little loose, make an annoying humming sound at highway speeds, and we don't really need them anyway.

Last edited by ToyoKev86; 07-17-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:54 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
I haven't seen the center caps for those particular wheels but if they have a small metal clip on them you might be able to bend them out slightly

or if the wheel can be removed with out popping the center cap maybe epoxy them in place

Last edited by dropzone; 07-10-2017 at 06:01 AM.

Search this Thread