99+ Tundra, 00+ Sequoia, 98+ Land Cruiser/LX470 Late model full size trucks and SUVs

How to Disable Keyless Entry Chirp on '04 Sequoia?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How to Disable Keyless Entry Chirp on '04 Sequoia?

I give up...I've searched the boards, but I must be using the wrong key words. I've disabled the keyless entry chirp on my '02 4Runner w/ ease...but have no clue where the chirper is on my '04 Sequoia? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Contributing Member

Well, thru pure determination, I finally found that annoying little chirper. For some goofy reason, Toyota thought it best to hide it inside the driveside fender.

To access the chirper, you need to pull back the splash shield near the front of the fender. Simply remove the 3 screws holding the splash shield to the bottom of the front bumper and maybe one more screw near the top of fender. By doing so, you'll gain enough access to reach in and see the little red buzzer (mine was also wrapped in foam to keep it from rattling around inside the fender.)

Then you have two options - either unplug the chirper and remove it, then tape the exposed plug left behind to completely silence the keyless entry chirp altogether. Or do like I did to simply quiet the buzzer down: take a piece of cotton and cover the hole of the buzzer, then take some electrical tape and tape the buzzer up to hold the cotton in place. Zip tie the buzzer back in place, bolt the splash shield back in place and you're good to go!

Thanks Toyota for making this so challenging...

Last edited by Rock Slide; 01-24-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disabling the keyless chirp is covered in the owner's manual.

- Insert key into ignition and remove it
- Within 5 seconds, insert the key into the ignition again and turn it to "ON"
- After 10 seconds, push the same "LOCK", "UNLOCK" or "PANIC" button twice within 10 seconds.
- Two beeps inform you that the program has been switched off
Old 06-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Contributing Member

Where were you six mons ago! Kidding, I caught myself looking in the manual multiple times, never did see it. (Is there a specific section it's in?) Even called the dealer and they had no idea how to do it either. Thus, I just went straight to the source of the chirper and handled it. I'll try your method and see how much easier it is. lol
Old 06-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Hammer will fix it

:wabbit2:
Old 06-06-2012, 07:10 PM

6 months ago my Sequoia looked like a 4Runner Looks like the instructions will be on page 19 of your owner's manual. Now trying to figure out the programming instructions for unlocking all the doors with a single push of the wireless remote button (page 18)....
Old 06-08-2012, 05:45 AM
Contributing Member

LOL, I see how I originally missed it...certain functions of the chirper can be disabled, but you must contact your Toy dealer to do some of them, thus I stopped reading. That's what I get for not reading all of the steps! Was able to disable the chirper in just seconds following the manual.

Let me know if you figure out how to unlock all the doors with a single push of the button...granted, it takes zero effort to push the button twice, but if it can be done with one push, I'd prefer it too.

I'd also like to disable the PANIC button too (appears another dealer only service). Being as this is my wife's Sequoia, she complains constantly about setting off the horn inadvertently with that button...that or one of our kids grabs the remote and sets off the horn off from within the house. Very annoying.

Last edited by Rock Slide; 06-08-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by bootown
Now trying to figure out the programming instructions for unlocking all the doors with a single push of the wireless remote button (page 18)....
Just to updated this info, I could not find any programming instructions on this either. Thus I took the Sequoia to my dealer and had them do it...free of charge. Also went ahead and had them disable the "panic" button as my kids always seem to find a way to push that button and sound off the horn...

Again, they did both programming codes for free and it only took them a few mins to do, but I could not figure out why they would not tell me how they did it? So I'm really only updating this thread to say it can be done, I just don't the code to do it.

Last edited by Rock Slide; 11-21-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:43 AM

Thanks Rock, after looking into it a while ago, I think I remember thinking the instructions are in the 2003 FSM...I don't have that one unfortunately. My dealer wanted $65 to do the 60 seconds of super laborous work...scum
Old 11-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Contributing Member

wow, that blows that they were going to charge you...I would not have done it had they charged me for it. I'll look into finding that '03 FSM as I would like to know the process myself. Thanks.

Last edited by Rock Slide; 04-13-2015 at 08:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-28-2012, 06:18 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by bootown
Thanks Rock, after looking into it a while ago, I think I remember thinking the instructions are in the 2003 FSM...I don't have that one unfortunately. My dealer wanted $65 to do the 60 seconds of super laborous work...scum
Bootown, didn't know if you were aware of this, but to disable the panic button and/or have "one touch" keyless entry for all doors, you must have the proper computer diagnosis machine to connect to the vehicle, then go into customization to perform the above mentioned items by entering the correct code. Granted, it takes just seconds to w/ the right equipment, but making the changes is not as simple as turn the key to ACC, press the unlock button 5 times, turn the key off and so on. I had hoped making the modifications were as easy as that. I called my buddy at the dealer about a week ago to get the instructions and that's when I learned these mods cannot be done w/o the right computer codes.