99+ Tundra, 00+ Sequoia, 98+ Land Cruiser/LX470 Late model full size trucks and SUVs

Curious question regarding an article

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Curious question regarding an article

https://www.yotatech.com/~corey/tech...ntake/dr_z.htm

I read that article, and wondered if there was a similar mod that could be done on a T100?

I would post pics, but unfortunalty I don't have a digicam.

Instead of what is pictured in the article, there is something similar on our T100 (same engine). it's a T joint with a box. So, the air comes in from the wheel well, goes through the air filter, then goes down a pipe toward the throttle body. Right before the TB, there is the T joint, with a somewhat rectangular box on it. There are two hoses attached, one goes into the intake headers right after the TB, and the other goes to the crank case it appears.

Should I just remove this box and connect the two hoses to a small box I make myself, or should I just leave it plain alone?

It's like 2 am right now, so I'm not gonna do it now. Tomorrow morning, I'm gonna take it apart and see what's in this box. Hopefully I can do it without breaking anything. :p
Old 05-02-2004, 02:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, I answered my own question.

I had clicked the links at the bottom of the page, and one of the pages had a picture that confused me. It's from a funky angle, so now that I thought about it, I can see.

https://www.yotatech.com/~corey/tech...take/dr_z2.htm

Once I remove the short piece of pipe with the T on it, I'm going to replace it with a new piece. I'll put a pair of small T's on it, so I can feed the PSP and FPR.