Toyota Gear Packages

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota Gear Packages

Toyota Gear Packages

At Just Differentials we carry gear and axle accessories for nearly every vehicle out there. We work on developing and stocking the hard to find parts, or gear sets, so you can make one call to find everything you need to repair or replace parts in your axles.

Toyota Gear Packages-dktmqbh.jpg

Our Gear Packages include everything you need to regear both your front and rear axles with high quality parts. They include Front and Rear:

-Ring & Pinions
-Master Install kits with bearings, shims, seals, etc (MK)
-Solid preload Spacers if available (noted as SK in description)
-Pinion flanges (if noted with YOK)

Check out all of our Toyota gear packages below. We have gear sets for many more vehicles then are listed on our website. If you need a quote or have a question, send us an email or call us at the number listed below. We only made a small number of our gear sets into packages with a single part number. So if you don't see your vehicle, don't worry, we can still help you out. Just give us a call or email us and we will take care of you!

Toyota Gear Packages

If you need a quote, either EMAIL or CALL us: 866 525 4620

Last edited by justdifferentials; 12-11-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:44 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Why are your gears and install kits worth hundreds of dollars more than others? Just curious.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:55 PM

For one, we have numerous applications that nobody else has. For example a 2007+ Tundra gear package is going to cost a lot more than one for 1985 minitruck. Even when comparing equivelant applications it is still hard to compare apples to apples. For example on toyota 8" we use the larger pinion head, also the larger 29 spline pinion diameter, the quality is better as well, this translates to a little bit higher R&P cost. Also we include the pinion flange to fit them, also we include solid preload spacers when and where applicable. We also offer OE type Koyo bearings. All that said, I think you will find that we are on par cost wise, but for a much better product.

Can you give an example?

Originally Posted by HighLux
Why are your gears and install kits worth hundreds of dollars more than others? Just curious.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:16 PM

Well, since you asked

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-1994-TOYOTA-8-INCH-V6-4-56-RING-AND-PINION-MASTER-INSTALL-GEAR-PKG-NEW-/271130888181?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f20a907f5&vxp=mtr
vs

http://www.justdifferentials.com/GPF...ser-4.56-1.htm

Three times the cost. Just wondering what the actual differences are? quality of metal? machining? We all know there are only a few companies that make gears. Most are just private labeled. Sell me on your gears.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:32 PM

Gear package.

You are comparing a Front and Rear all incluse gear package for FJ Cruiser to a Rear only gear package for 86-95 mini truck. These are completely different applications and cannot be used for comparison at all. Which vehicle do you have, and what are you hoping to do?
Also the ebay link you sent is for 1 install kit and 1 ring & pinion for a toyota 8" diff
The gear package in our link is for 2 Install kits, 2 Ring & Pinions, 2 Solid Preload spacers. It is also fro an FJ Cruiser, which uses much more expensive parts.

We can offer something similar to your ebay link, but it will be a bit more because ours are better quality and feature the larger 29 spline pinion, so it will also require a pinion flange. I'd suggest calling us so we can see what vehicle you have and what we can offer for you

Well, since you asked

1986 1994 Toyota 8" inch V6 4 56 Ring and Pinion Master Install Gear Pkg New | eBay

vs

http://www.justdifferentials.com/GPF...ser-4.56-1.htm

Three times the cost. Just wondering what the actual differences are? quality of metal? machining? We all know there are only a few companies that make gears. Most are just private labeled. Sell me on your gears.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:55 PM

My bad....now see if you actually said in the ad somewhere is was front and rear gears in one kit I would understand. I search your site for gears and that page was the one i was led to. granted the picture shows 2 sets gears...but nowhere does it say it in the ad. Id consider editing that ad a little.

2 gears vs one is not a fair comparison and I apologize for that...but also...the ad never says front and rear or 2 sets.

Im still not sold though. Just confused now.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:08 PM

No worries, and yes we can edit that to be more clear.

The cost difference is because there is 2.5 times as many parts, and its a different application. For example the FJ cruiser front install kit alone is $357. The best thing to do would be to call us. I still dont know if you are looking for FJ Cruiser gears or minitruck gears?

If you are just working on 1 8" rear see this link:
http://www.justdifferentials.com/TV6...-456-29-ng.htm

My bad....now see if you actually said in the ad somewhere is was front and rear gears in one kit I would understand. I search your site for gears and that page was the one i was led to. granted the picture shows 2 sets gears...but nowhere does it say it in the ad. Id consider editing that ad a little.

2 gears vs one is not a fair comparison and I apologize for that...but also...the ad never says front and rear or 2 sets.

Im still not sold though. Just confused now.

Last edited by justdifferentials; 12-11-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by justdifferentials
No worries, and yes we can edit that to be more clear.

The cost difference is because there is 2.5 times as many parts, and its a different application. For example the FJ cruiser front install kit alone is $357. The best thing to do would be to call us. I still dont know if you are looking for FJ Cruiser gears or minitruck gears?

If you are just working on 1 8" rear see this link:
http://www.justdifferentials.com/TV6...-456-29-ng.htm

Thanks for being patient with my bumbling questions. I go to your site. I click on gear packages, then on highlux/4runner....and that page i linked was on top. I never clicked on fj stuff...lol. Maybe a dose of my etardedness and a little of site navigation issue.

Ill most def be calling you for gear stuff when I get to that point. Will have an 87 to gear and possibly my trekker.

From my mustang days, it was pretty easy to know who made the good gears and who didnt. We either ran ford gears or motive. There seems to be alot of brands for toyotas to choose from. Last thing I want is some ebay gears that go poo poo.

Thanks.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:51 PM

Toyota gears

Well Toyota Gears are our specialty and we deal with them more than anyone else out there. The "Gear Packages" are aimed at newer vehicles for 1 click shopping, there are hundreds of other vehicles we have gears for, but the R&P, Master kits, etc are sold seperately. The older vehicles often have been modified therefore it is better to have a professional put a list together of components that will work for your specific application and needs. Either way we have gears for Every Toyota 4x4 made, period. Our long list of exclusive applications will further validate the fact that we develop our own products. For example how can we "rebox" a different brand gear if we are the only company to offer it? Worldwide Nitro is the #1 brand in gears. Most quality Toyota shops use Nitro, TRD / Toyota Employees use Nitro, Racers use Nitro, Daily Drivers use Nitro, Expedition groups use Nitrso, Check these out. use Nitro:
www.gearinstalls.com
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184524
http://www.xoverland.com/videos/nitr...ers-installed/