SECRET SPY PHOTOS of Marlin's new REAR BUMPER!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 02:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
SECRET SPY PHOTOS of Marlin's new REAR BUMPER!

I happened to be walking down the sidewalk past MARLIN CRAWLER's shop when I spied this 4Runner with some new high-tech rear bumper!!

So I stopped and took some covert photos!! CHECK IT OUT!!!!

I happened to be carrying a dial caliper, and I discovered it's built from hefty inch & three quarter OD tubing!
Knowing the high quality reputation of Marlin, I am willing to bet it is high quality HREW steel made right here in Fresno, California!

I immediately noticed this INCREDIBLE FULL-LENGTH STEP PLATE!!!!

Complete with a SA-WEEEEET Raised MC Turtle and reverse flared holes for sure footing! I thought I had never seen anything so cool in my entire life!!!

Then, I looked around to make sure no one was watching, and I crawled under the rig.

I discovered these great features beneath the sexy full-length step plate:

1) Two support beams (circled) for maximum impact strength, and

2) A new trailer hitch rear brace that looks like they may have plans for additional frame support tubes for improved towing capabilities!!

I was also happy to see Marlin is still using this heavy duty D.O.T.-recommended SEAMLESS square receiver! I like this because another company I've heard of uses a pieced-together & partially-welded receiver hitch which I don't trust.

Check out this shot from the rear, DADDY LIKES IT!

I like how Marlin's new design has angled the tubes towards the side support, which I believe adds A LOT more rigidity and side-impact strength to the side protection section. It must be a lot stronger than their old design!

This was the last pic I could take before some people saw me taking pictures and became suspicious of my activity so I left.

Before I left, I noticed the side impact protection still has the same side-braces connecting to the frame. This is a standard feature that Marlin has used since day one.

While I was fleeing their property, someone yelled at me and I am not sure but I think I heard them say that these new bumpers will GO ON SALE WITHIN ONE-TO-TWO WEEKS!!! OMG! I almost fell down

WOW! So, what do you guys think?
Old 03-16-2012, 02:35 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Like it!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any one happen to yell out what the price might be ?
Old 03-16-2012, 02:51 PM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
Enjoyed the scenario... dont gonna lie

Kinda meh, about it though. Im a "functionality" kind of a guy. And this really isn't that much of a difference that the old bumper. :/

Would be really cool if MC started fabricating expedition based products? I mean I understand the whole "crawler" demand, But yeah. Wouldn't hurt if you guys started fabbing plated Front bumpers, rear bumpers w/ swing outs, roof racks and other "camping" solutions.

And just for good measure, I Represent.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My sliders have the same lil turtle engraved jus wish they were on my truck not in the garage lol I'll have to check on the price of the matching bumper for a 92 pickup huh?
Old 03-16-2012, 03:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
1st gen version price?
Old 03-16-2012, 04:14 PM

We will be using this design across all applications, 1979-2004 Pickup's, 4Runner's, and Tacoma's. Expect 2nd & 3rd gen Pickup/4Runner applications to become available first, followed by Tacoma's, followed by 1st gen Pickups.

As for the price it has not been set yet. It will be higher than our old price because material cost has gone up, we are using more material, and we are spending more time to produce a more feature-rich product than compared to before. We prefer to offer reasonably priced high quality & long lasting products than cheap won't-last products.

I will keep this thread updated with more info as it is released. If you would like to be the first to know when these bumpers are ready for sale soon, then please use the "Notify when in stock" button on our website, if you have not already done so before:

1979-1995 Pickup link:
http://www.marlincrawler.com/armor/r...r-hilux-trucks

1984-1995 4Runner link:
http://www.marlincrawler.com/armor/r...umper-4runners

1995+ Tacoma link:
http://www.marlincrawler.com/armor/r...ma-rear-bumper

Thanks for the comments guys!! Everyone here is SIKED that we are almost ready to start selling rear bumpers again!!

Regards,
BigMike

Last edited by BigMike; 03-16-2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: fixed a broken link
Old 03-16-2012, 04:43 PM

can the spare stay in OEM place
Old 03-16-2012, 05:42 PM

om nom nom.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by swerks
can the spare stay in OEM place
10-4! We've designed the receiver hitch to provide as much room for the spare as possible.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:24 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Are there any plans for a matching front beast of the same caliber, and possible compensation for body lifts?(Please don't shun me for the bl)
Old 03-19-2012, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by warmonger88
Are there any plans for a matching front beast of the same caliber
Yes, once we get rolling in full production with the updated rear bumpers, some front bumper SPY photos will most likely be LEAKED on the internet

Originally Posted by warmonger88
...and possible compensation for body lifts?(Please don't shun me for the bl)
This is a good question, and I won't shun you for the bodylift as I have a 1" bl on my own rig (albeit only out of necessity). There was a time when we offered custom bumper builds for bodylift trucks, but due to many orders for our production body armor products, it was taking up to 2 months to fulfill a custom bumper order.

Sorry but in the end, we just decided to stop offering these and stick to the production versions only. We have seen a few customers cut the frame bracket, lift the bumper up to match their bl, and then weld the bracket back together along with additional gusseting & plating to ensure proper performance. I don't have any example pictures, but it's a viable solution for bl customers.

Regards,
BigMike
Old 03-19-2012, 10:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great as if I already hadn't dropped enough on my truck yall come out with new bumpers. I've got the old ones, but will be seriously thinking about the new ones.. especially once you leak some pics of the front bumper!

Oh yeah and x10000000000000 on camping and expedition products!!!

Last edited by GranVille-4crawler; 03-19-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:09 AM

Expedition and camping products is something we will be looking into later this summer

Update on this:

We got our first 5 production bumpers in stock late last week and have put them up for sale!!

Price has increased only $50 to $399, we are charging less for shipping, and includes these great improvements:
- NEW! Full-length Turtle step plate with reverse flared holes!
- NEW! Two intermediate support beams for increased rear impact strength!
- NEW! DUAL frame bracket corner brace supports!
- NEW! Enlarged receiver hitch rear bracket for adding additional towing support beams!
- NEW! Angled corner protection for increased side impact strength!
- NEW! Increased side protection length - now closer to the rear tire for maximum body protection!
- NEW! $45 Flat Rate Shipping to the lower 48-states

Product link: http://www.marlincrawler.com/armor/r...umper-4runners

Check em out!!

We listened and made some improvements to the step plate. We were able to sink it down a tad to make it sit more flush with the bumper, and with it's improved fit, it required less welds. We also did a cleaner job at welding the turtle logo on

We only have 5 of these babies in stock at the moment -- we expect to get going with production within a few weeks!

Regards,
BigMike

Last edited by BigMike; 03-26-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:05 PM

would like to see what this bumper looks like on a 2nd or 3rd Gen with fender flares
Old 04-10-2012, 09:28 AM

We're underway for production on these bumpers! We have redesigned the way we attach the Turtle cutout by using hidden plug welds from underneath. I think it looks great!

Originally Posted by swerks
would like to see what this bumper looks like on a 2nd or 3rd Gen with fender flares
Pick one up and then share some photos swerks!

BigMike
Old 04-10-2012, 09:54 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
When will the bumpers made for pickups be ready...?
Old 04-10-2012, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by snobdds
When will the bumpers made for pickups be ready...?
Definitely hold your breathe! We've already built a few samples and are finalizing design changes while I type This will most likely headline our next Newsletter!

Last edited by BigMike; 04-10-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:10 PM

This new updated design is now available for all 1979-1995 Shortbed and XtraCab Pickups! Updated pictures coming soon!

Click here for more info: http://www.marlincrawler.com/armor/r...r-hilux-trucks

Tacoma's are next! Wooohooooo!!

BigMike

Last edited by BigMike; 04-23-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:13 PM

Here come some pics of the new updated Pickup bumper installed on CJ's new rig!!

We listened to the replies on our forum and made some sweet updates These new updates will also be done to the new 4Runner bumpers shipped after today.

Here are some shots from the back. CJ will simply raise his license plate for proper visibility.

Here is a close shot of the corner and step plate detail.

We've updated the shackle design to a HEAVY DUTY double support design with a cross tube for the D-Ring shackle. You can also see the detail of the dual corner frame bracket bracing.

Here we cleaned up the design of the Turtle by using underneath spot welds instead of perimeter side welds. The Turtle is now cleanly mounted

Finally, here is a nice shot of how well the bumper tucks up to the body. The improved side load design has drastically decreased the amount of side flex on the bumper. It's a huge improvement!

I'll post up some pics of the bumper painted soon

BigMike

Last edited by BigMike; 04-25-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Quick Reply: SECRET SPY PHOTOS of Marlin's new REAR BUMPER!