Prerunner & All 2WD Rigs Discussions pertaining to non 4WD rigs

Tire Size

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yep...there are 2wd spacers out there.

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...ntSpacer03.jpg

I'm sure you'll be fine with the spacers, it seems like failures are few and far between and almost always under extreme conditions. I'd still go with aftermarket ucas and tbars for more lift, 31s with just the spacer might be pushing it. that doesn't mean it can't be done
or sack up and buy that duffco kit!!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:31 PM

ya the duffco kit for sale is a little out of my budget for now. i don't know how to replace the torsion bars so im leaning towards a lift spindle and because it keeps more of a factory setup the hub just moves down. giving you the lift. i've heard that the fabtech system rides like crap but maybe ill combo the spindle and the uca if i can find them both for cheaper
Old 05-31-2011, 09:44 PM

SDORI also makes the 2wd bj spacer. I dont believe you will be able to fit 31s with only the uca/fabtech lift.

That sounds awfully expensive for the fabtech kit to oh canada. I thought the canadian dollar was doing pretty well right now. I paid 1250 for my set and that was installed. At that rate i mightve just saved for the long travel personally.

Coilovers on a 2wd without long travel sounds interesting. Any ideas on what would work? I know most run saw or fox with their tc kit. I need to get off here, you guys have me thinking of more costly things to do!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:59 PM

I think the spacers SDORI and 4crawler sale are the same. Basically do you guys think i could clear 31s with the 3" spindle and a 1.5"bj spacer. I think 31s would fit right now they just wouldn't be able to travel up.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by atari56
SDORI also makes the 2wd bj spacer. I dont believe you will be able to fit 31s with only the uca/fabtech lift.

That sounds awfully expensive for the fabtech kit to oh canada. I thought the canadian dollar was doing pretty well right now. I paid 1250 for my set and that was installed. At that rate i mightve just saved for the long travel personally.

Coilovers on a 2wd without long travel sounds interesting. Any ideas on what would work? I know most run saw or fox with their tc kit. I need to get off here, you guys have me thinking of more costly things to do!
I think when I ordered the Canuck buck still had a lower value than the American greenback, unlike now.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:44 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
wow i stand corrected! didn't know there was a 2wd version. Very cool. I might have to get a pair myself.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:32 AM

Actually, after doing more thinking on it and mismanaging some more of my money I've gone ahead and ordered lift spindles. I'll sell you my spacers, they're unused and come with an allen key for the bolts. Since you're in St. Louis I'll sell 'em to you for a flat $100 (I think they're normally $99+shipping) and eat the shipping cost, shoot me a pm.

Last edited by Magnusian; 06-01-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:51 PM

where did you order your lift spindles from?
and this is what i want my truck to look like when im done.

Last edited by 86yota2wd; 06-01-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:43 AM

From Obsessed. Waiting on invoice atm. I'll let you know what the damage is.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by 86yota2wd
where did you order your lift spindles from?
and this is what i want my truck to look like when im done.
Do you have the specs on that truck?

I like my OMF spindles...they're nice albeit pricey. I think I paid around 650 total after buying their ss braided lines and shipping. You could probably fit 31s with the spindles and a spacer.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:18 PM

I am not one hundred percent sure but i know that it has the 7.5" fabtech system which consists of the spindles and the ucas. The back looks like maybe a soa swap and possibly a different set of springs. but it looks like they could be factory. I really love the look of the lifted 2wds so much front end clearance because there is no diff.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:50 PM

Total with core charge, brake lines, shipping ($65), and taxes is $779 USD for me.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:01 PM

I really like those front fenders...does fabtech still make that kit? that does look like a spring over conversion...SPOA is a good way to lift the rear, but again...if you ever wanna jump it or even do whoops spring under is a better set up.

I love two wheel drives
Old 06-03-2011, 05:16 AM

They only offer the 3.5" lift kit now, which is just the UCAs, AAL, and shocks, no spindles. Maybe eventually there might be enough of us nutjobs on here that want them that we can form an angry mob outside Fabtech until they make them again.

I wonder how much work one would need to do to stuff 33s on lift spindles and ucas...

Last edited by Magnusian; 06-03-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:31 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
You 2wd guys have probably seen this forum:
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/content/
But I bOoked marked it awhile ago- might give you an idea or links
Old 06-03-2011, 05:59 AM

Yep, there's a link in the lift options thread to a guy on there who makes custom lift spindles that also look like they're taller than the OMFs. It doesn't seem like he makes or sells lots of them but it does look like he still does it. Unfortunately they're uniball and heim-steering only and almost twice as expensive.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:54 AM

33's?

Originally Posted by Magnusian
They only offer the 3.5" lift kit now, which is just the UCAs, AAL, and shocks, no spindles. Maybe eventually there might be enough of us nutjobs on here that want them that we can form an angry mob outside Fabtech until they make them again.

I wonder how much work one would need to do to stuff 33s on lift spindles and ucas...
IIRC i read on here that anything bigger than a 31 on the 2wd rear isnt recommended. I dunno, i could be blowing smoke or confused. Ill dig around amd see what i can find.

You could prolly fit the front fine, the issue would be the rear. You might have to go new springs if you wanted to keep sua. Im not a fan of the huge shackles for the rear but i imagine that aal + longer shackle would do it. After my fabtech 3.5 uca/aal/shock kit, my rear sits higher than the front. Not by much though.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:21 PM

Maybe that might be the 7.5" rear? As far as I can tell the only difference between the shafts for 2wd and 4wd that go into 8" diffs is that the 2wd shafts are 1" shorter than the shortest 4wd shafts and have 5 lug holes instead of 6.

I don't think the rear would be an issue for me as a flatbed, 1.5" longer shackles, aal, and SOA convert are in the plans/works.

I'm not seriously considering 33s btw, 31s are already bigger than I'd originally wanted to go with.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:26 PM

i think the back would def need new springs ive got a aal and a longer shackle and i think 33's would fit but if you got the rear end to flex at all they would catch on the openings of the fenders. but i think it wouldn't hurt the diff to bad its the same as the 4wd fronts and lots of guys run 33s or bigger. now if you were planning on jumping and beating on it hard i would find a bigger axle. Im thinking about grabbing a v6 axle since they are a little stronger and have a little better aftermarket following for lockers and gears. but i dont really want a 6lug and a 5lug so maybe ill keep the 7.5 rear.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:28 AM

If you want to upgrade to 8" R&P while staying 5-lug, you have a couple options. The 8" R&P 2wd rear axle housing is the hard part to find apparently; the rest you can still order from the stealership and the diffs are the same as the 4wd 8".

First, and probably easiest would be to find a 2wd that has it; look for one that came with a 4spd manual transmission and there should be one under it. Dually rear axles are the bigger gears too iirc.

Second is to get the flanges on an axle off a 4wd drilled for 5-lug. The drums would have to be drilled as well.

Third is to get one of those finish-it-yourself axle housings. It might be easier to make one than finding a 2wd with one.

Last edited by Magnusian; 06-06-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Tire Size