Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Wow! Thats depressing. 4runners not selling?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
El Duderino: Sold it this weekend!

giguchan: Look at the pics of my truck and you will see what ARB makes for a 97

I have a post in the for sale section with all of the parts I am selling off my truck.

Just search under my name and look for all posts!

Bryan
Old 09-15-2008, 06:57 PM

Thanks for the reply.
I'll look it over... I am looking to changing the bumpers.. not sure if i want to stay chrome or go black.. might be too much black.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:59 PM

Too bad you can't keep your nice truck. It's buyers market.

FWIW, your loss is my gain! I picked up a 2000 4Runner last month for a good price. I've wanted another Toyota truck for a while and it seemed like now was the time to buy. So far it's been a great rig and I hope to keep it a while.

Mike <--first post here
Old 09-15-2008, 07:00 PM

There is no such thing as too much black. However there is such a thing as too much chrome!! haha

Your looking about 8-$900 for a new ARB
Old 09-15-2008, 07:00 PM

Too bad you can't keep your nice truck. It's buyers market.

FWIW, you guys loss is my gain! I picked up a 2000 4Runner last month for a good price. I've wanted another Toyota truck for a while and it seemed like now was the time to buy. So far it's been a great rig and I hope to keep it a while.

Mike <--first post here

p.s. great forum. I've learned a lot
Old 09-15-2008, 07:01 PM

I've learned alot too. Ouch!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:07 PM

Yeah huh?
Black IS my favorite color in ANY vehicle... the chrome is starting to "cancerize in the rear" and the front has the water spots. i saw the bumpers but i'm sorry to say.. dont GRAB me... i knew they were up there in price.. but i'd need two...
I've already done the math.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:57 PM

Ended up deciding not to part her out for awhile. I sold the bumpers off of her but also dropped the price. Everything else is still on the truck and is in great shape. new price $7,000
Old 09-18-2008, 07:02 PM

prolly too much damn work to remove all them goodies!
I think you should sit back now and hopefully the Tire kickers will come up with some ca$h and then stop fooling round.

I'm sure she will go now! Glad you decided to keep her intact.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:08 PM

Yeah, I am just to busy around the house to mess with it right now.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:11 PM

well i for one are glad... and i think you are too.. it'll sell now you will see..
Old 09-18-2008, 07:12 PM

I have to take mine back to the dealer my TRD exhaust is rusting.. so they will replace it for me- again... oh well.. nice to have a free exhaust every 3 years
Old 09-18-2008, 08:07 PM

Hey man i feel your pain....it sucks, but noone will pay anything close to what its actually worth.

I tried selling mine for a few months and had some offers, but i thought about it more and more and realized that i might save some money on gas with a different vehicle, but the loss i would have taken on the 4runner would have evened it out or i might have even been in the hole after the entire thing.

Just hang on to the 4runner...you will regret selling it anyways...

GL with whatever you do though
Old 09-18-2008, 10:41 PM

Just my .02 cents but I have to agree with everyone else here. You might feel good for awhile when you finally sell your runner because you have convinced yourself that it is the only smart move financially, but, you will eventually regret it. I have owned 10 toys in my 26 years of driving ranging from corollas to camrys and trucks to runners and I still wish I owned every one of them (I still own 3 of them). I do understand where you are coming from though. Sometimes you just gotta do what you feel like you just gotta do. You will regret it, but at the same time, you have gained valuable experience and knowledge in your build that you can apply to your next project (a yota I hope), and you probably have made some memories that you will never forget and cherish forever ( a little sappy, I know). Good luck and God speed to you and your next project. I hope it isnt too far off. You did a great job on this one. The next will probably be even better.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:12 PM

Oh yeah, The next will definetly be a Yota. I have my eye on an 80 series and I really want it bad, haha.

Here is a few pics I took this morning of the 4Runner. I almost like it a little more with the stock bumpers back on her. It has alot more power now that I took 250 lbs of steel off too! I got around 20 mpg last week also in mixed driving where I used to be getting 18 mpg. It also sets about an inch taller without all that weight hanging off of it.

Dropped the price to 7K also since I took off the bumpers!

Old 09-23-2008, 07:49 AM

Smile

Thems Look like some beautiful woods!!
Oh the runner.... yes of course... I like it too... i had no idea on how much those bumpers weigh? wow!! I think i'm just going to get some new ones from the dealer and be done with it. Then i'll have the Hood re sprayed and i be good...(minor imperfections) I'm sure she will sell now!!
I would get an sequoia. but i also want an M3 i cant do 2 car payments at one time...sequoia's are so cheep now 29K FOR AN 07! I know gas would be a problem, but I'm not in it long enough for it to be a problem.
good luck!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
rig looks nice with the black bumpers.

Still don't understand why this is not selling....gorgeous looking ride
Old 09-23-2008, 11:10 AM

I think it looks prtty good with thestock bumpers also! Maybe if I sale it for $6,999,LOL.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:55 PM

Alright. Somebody needs to step up and kill this thread. You will be forever known on the forum as the guy who proved me wrong, that 4runners are selling! You will turn the economy around and become a hero to the american people. Do whats right for your country and buy my truck!

Sorry, it was getting late and it seemed funny at the time. The weirdest thing about craigslist that I have learned from all of this is that there are alot of people out there that just love to waste your time.

But to keep on topic. I have looked at 4Runners online locally with comparative milage and can't help but notice that stockers are exactly the same price as what I am asking for mine. Now if I were in the market to buy a 4runner and mine was sitting next to anyone of these stockers I would definitley go with mine. I may be partial or a little biased but is it just me? I know the "most people want a stock truck" theory but I don't know hardly anyone like that unless they are around 50 or older. But It seems to me that mostly younger 20's and 30 year olds are driving 4Runners. Just a rant what do you guys think I am doing wrong, if anything? Or is it that the right guy just still hasn't come along?
Old 09-25-2008, 09:41 AM

$6,899 still priced to high?

Quick Reply: Wow! Thats depressing. 4runners not selling?