Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Wow! Thats depressing. 4runners not selling?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 07:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I revisited you pictures and dang that is a beautiful ride.

Did not even notice the Bushwacker fender flares until now, those look gorgeous. I believe those are the Extend a fenders?

I hope you know and are using all the forums:

T4R.org for Runners and TTORA for Tacoma guys
4x4wire, IH8MUD, pirate4x4. I am likely forgetting many others.Ask all your buds.

I am not aware of 4wheeling hotspots near you, but post your ad in the waiting rooms of the parts supply houses, or repair shops, there will be someone who will call you in a heartbeat when they see the pics. Perhaps the nearby Toyota dealerships will have a waiting room and bulletin board you could post up on.

Keep your head up sir. Follow up on your leads that have already contacted you. No need to dicker on price -you have way too much into it for someone to start lowballing it. It always seems "darkest" right before that buyer contacts you-so increase your odds by pursuing the buyers.

For example last weekend here in Denver was the Rising Sun Rally-Yota lovers from near and far get together to swap parts and tales of false bravado on the trails. There may be a club near you-check the Landcruiser Assoc. and get a copy of the mag "Toyota Trails".

Target those guys in the bigger, thirstier Cruisers who perhaps are now ready to admit the supremacy of the Runner . Go after the full size Bronco crowd-the full size GMC crowd-they are not all Yota haters as per ssupercools above. Print up a flyer and hit the other RUnners and Tacoma guys parked at the ball game-the mall-etc. Try a Mustang or Eclipse or Prelude sporty car forum- those guys need a tow rig occasionally. Perhaps they want a tow rig more beautiful than their racer/ricer.

Damn fine ride and I am simply focusing on the looks, the mechanicals will sway someone else. Best of luck - your buyer is out there looking for your ride now, they just have not run across you. People will travel for the right ride even now.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If gas mileage is that big of a concern for you look into the 3.4 superchargers. I was getting about 20 with my runner before i got it and now around town im pushing 28. the supercharger is the best upgrade i have done and ever will do to my yoat goat
Old 08-23-2008, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tibbs
If gas mileage is that big of a concern for you look into the 3.4 superchargers. I was getting about 20 with my runner before i got it and now around town im pushing 28. the supercharger is the best upgrade i have done and ever will do to my yoat goat
Welcome to Yotatech. I'm sure you'll find lots of nice people here, so please don't take offense to me calling your post 100% B.S.
Nothing personal, just my 2 pesos.

Last edited by Whitey13; 08-24-2008 at 03:51 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tibbs
Are you sure that's right? Seems fishy to me.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm getting 35mpg after a S/C. As power goes up, so does fuel economy. It's elementary my dear Watson!
Old 08-24-2008, 03:53 AM

You guys need to go back to your spaceship.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:02 AM

wouldn't be the first time I have heard about it, superchargers push more air into the combustion chamber causing a cleaner, more efficient burn...thus better economy
Old 08-24-2008, 07:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hayes
superchargers push more air into the combustion chamber causing a cleaner, more efficient burn...thus better economy
No, it's the magnets that go on your fuel line cause a cleaner and more efficient burn. Superchargers swirl the air! Swirled air is better, I know, and now you do too.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by DailyDrive
No, it's the magnets that go on your fuel line cause a cleaner and more efficient burn. Superchargers swirl the air! Swirled air is better, I know, and now you do too.
what?
Old 08-24-2008, 07:38 AM

what?
somebody needs to lay off the crack rock me thinks....

anyways,

I dont think its depressing at all that the prices are dropping on these things...

in fact its fan-freaking-tabulous ..go toyota
Old 08-24-2008, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by dirtoyboy

I dont think its depressing at all that the prices are dropping on these things...

in fact its fan-freaking-tabulous ..go toyota

x2, now maybe I can afford one!
Old 08-24-2008, 08:44 AM

x2, now maybe I can afford one!
yea I wish I had waited a year or so to buy mine...price is nearly half as much now as what I paid...talk about buyers remorse!
Old 08-24-2008, 03:42 PM

Definetly wish I had waited to buy one. Like you said they are going for just about half the price I paid two years ago. I went past a lot this morning that had a 99 on it. auto,4x4 with 110,000 only $5000 and it was even black. LOL
Oh well, I'll let mine sit in the garage and drive it every now and then on the weekends. It will be worth a mint in 20 years, haha
Old 09-06-2008, 07:07 AM

bump

I have notified Virginia member in t4r.org classifieds of this vehicle.

Ron
Old 09-06-2008, 05:06 PM

Thanks Ron for helping spread the word. On Yotatech alone I think it has had more than 2400 visits which I think is pretty insane. I have it listed on Ih8mud.com,ttora.com and t4r.org also and it still hasn't sold.

Sooooo.......come next weekend, as long as no one says they want it by then. I am going to pull it into the shop and start the tear down. As much as I hate to do it. It looks like the only way I am going to be able to get the money I want out of it. I made up a spreadsheet the other night of all the stuff I had on it (I know, Get a life). I listed everything I could take off of it, Basically take it to stock. I have most of the stock stuff so it won't be too hard. Asking about half price for all the stuff I take off besides the bumpers I will ask about 70% for them. I still came up with about 4 grand worth of sales in parts. after that I am sure I can sale the truck for at least $4500. Which is more than I am getting for just selling it outright. Sucks I have to do a weekends worth of work to do it but I guess thats the way it has to go.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:53 AM

that is a shame sir.

Did you try some GMC forums or Ford forums?- I have to think someone would appreciate the amount of work and want to downsize-save gas.

please keep me in mind for those gorgeous fender flares. I sure hope you do not have to part out you mods. I will continue to push and bump your vehicle to the top every chance I get.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:10 AM

Best i can say is good luck. maybe you can get what you want for the truck and then sell the parts to make up whatever difference your after.
Again good luck.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:56 PM

yep, Looks like I can make a little more than what I am asking for it right now by doing that.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:34 PM

Interested in selling your arb bumper?
Old 09-15-2008, 06:45 PM

I wonder what the ARB people would have in a nice bumper for my 97...something not too rough looking but something to make it stand out... guess it's off to the website.

Quick Reply: Wow! Thats depressing. 4runners not selling?