Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

What injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What injectors?

its me again,
i got hte s/c on its way and lost my bid for supra na mk4 injectors...at the last second...basterd =]....anyway what are my options as far as injectors go?

THere is this website which sells them from supras..
http://www.fuelinjectorclinic.com/product_cart.htm
at the bottom there is supra injectors but i think they dont work for our application. the 370cc ones...looks like a fairly good deal.

Does it mattter what rc injectors i get as long as they are high impendence then it would work with the modified clips?
cause i see some good deals now and then on ebay selling some 550cc's for fairly cheap =]

All the help i can get would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2003, 12:17 PM

Re: What injectors?

Originally posted by Weasy2k
on ebay selling some 550cc's for fairly cheap =]
I don't know how wild you're planning on going with your s/c, but 550s are probably overkill. 550 cc injectors will flow enough fuel to support well over 500-600 HP at the crank. I don't know if you're going to crank the boost that high on your s/c or not, but if you did, you'd probably need to beef up a few other things before running that much boost.

I ran 555s in a 300zx TT that was making probably 450hp at the crank. I've got a friend who's ZX makes 650 hp at the crank on 555s. I think the 370s range is more than enough (probably flow 400-450 hp reliably).

As a side note, I have my own question. How are you planning to control the larger injectors? I haven't gotten a chance to get to know the runner tuning crowd/suppliers yet. I know in the Z community, we could reprogram the ECU itself to accommodate larger injectors. I'd like to get larger injectors before I s/c my runner, but am trying to avoid the "piggyback" computer route (super AFC, FTC, etc.).

Regards,
Ben(Miami)
'02 Limited 4X2

Last edited by Ben(Miami); 06-29-2003 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:01 PM

well there are people on ebay which sell them for cheap (cheaper then the 370's and 310's) so i figured what the hell if they fit i can just tune them to flow less fuel....not problem there...
as for your question about control...unlike the Z we cannot tune the ecu at all you have to get a piggy back or get it chipped by EL Prototypes...the other alternative is UNICHIP which is like a piggy back but a specialized dealer will do all the tunning for you.

i personaly am getting the smt-6 by perfect power (piggy back) to control everything...as this product advanes and retards timing along with a bunch of other features....im just looking for injectors that would fit so that when i see a deal on them i know to snap them up!

thanks for your input and hope i helped you out.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:02 PM
Contributing Member

Contact zubaltec on the forum... (drop him a pm telling him I sent you) I'll bet he could hook you up.
Old 06-29-2003, 07:42 PM

Get RC Engineering's 370cc injectors made specifically for your 4runner like I did. They flow perfectly for our motors, and their cheaper than new toyota ones if you were thinking of going that route.

Chris
Old 06-29-2003, 08:39 PM

Chris,

Yea i was considering that route...i might but i also talked to gadget and Zubaltec they both reocmmended the supra injectors...i placed the order from concelli toyota....lots of money but hey thier worth it...i hope Credit Card goes trhough...if it doesnt ill get the rc ones instead...
Old 06-29-2003, 08:54 PM
Contributing Member

I'm running Supra injectors. I bought them cheaper than RC through TAP recycling for $240 for the set (if I remember correctly).
Old 06-29-2003, 11:05 PM
Contributing Member

I just got a set of Supra injectors from Group Buy Mike. I am waiting on the S-AFC before I put them in.

I just did the fuel pump. What a difference already! My EGT dropped 75 degrees all the way to fuel cut in 3rd gear. (108mph)

This is with stock injectors still, just the Walbro 190l fuel pump.

Dan
Old 06-30-2003, 05:33 AM

The 205cc injectors are great for most people, and if all I was planning on doing was the S/C, fuel pump, and injectors that's all I'd run too. But with the Supra MAF, and the future 9psi pulley and water injection, the 305 cc injectors cannot provide enough fuel to compensate for the increase in air flow. So,that's why I went that route instead of the 305cc injectors everyone else is running.

Chris
Old 06-30-2003, 07:06 AM

Chris,

I see what your getting at. About how much le way do we got to use with the supra injectors? I was thinking about getting a supra maf as well to help out a bit. Im going to remove the K&N FIPK as i dont want to use it with s/c.
WIll the supra maf fit fairly easily into the stock airbox?

Thanks
Old 06-30-2003, 07:16 AM

Johnny,

The Supra MAF, Amsoil Air Filter, stock air box combination is the most airflow you can run with the 305cc injectors, to my knowledge. If you plan to put a smaller pulley and water injection, the 370cc injectors are a must. You'll be maxxing out the 305cc injectors with the above configuration.

Chris
Old 06-30-2003, 07:20 AM

Alright,
Thats all ill prob put on for now anyway. My engine is older and i dont want to put that much pressure in it. Once it hits around 260-300k km (currently at 205k km) then ill prob take everything off and gtet the engine overhauled...even though it may not need it, just to make it run like new again...at that point ill put in some big injectors =]

I dont even know if my order for the 305's went through if not im getting rc ones....where can i order them from? only the website? or a different dealer?
Old 06-30-2003, 07:22 AM

Just call them and they'll do it that way.

Chris
Old 06-30-2003, 07:26 AM

Alright thanks Chris!
Old 06-30-2003, 08:25 PM

Originally posted by Weasy2k
or get it chipped by EL Prototypes

thanks for your input and hope i helped you out.
Weasy,

Yeah, I was reading up on the EL chip, and I think if I finally bite the bullet and go S/C, I'd go with injectors and obviously the requisite computer or piggyback to run the larger injectors. My question is if EL Prototypes has specific programs "in the can" so to speak for each different size injector that 4runner tuners typically run (305s, 370s)? Or do they custom program a chip for you (trial and error fashion)? Ultimately, I'd like to have something as sleeper as possible, without any additional piggyback crap like S-AFC, etc.

I'd read the thread with Dr. Z and the smt-6. Sounds promising for a piggyback system--no obtrusive display/control panel to mount, run everything off a windows box. Let me know how it works out for you.

Your answer is much appreciated as well.

Oh, one more question...do supra injectors fit the 4runner harness, intake plenum and fuel rail without modification? I don't like the fact that the RC injectors have to have the isolators machined down in order to fit our vehicles.

Regards,
Ben(Miami)
'02 Limited 4X2
Old 07-02-2003, 09:45 AM

"Yeah, I was reading up on the EL chip, and I think if I finally bite the bullet and go S/C, I'd go with injectors and obviously the requisite computer or piggyback to run the larger injectors. My question is if EL Prototypes has specific programs "in the can" so to speak for each different size injector that 4runner tuners typically run (305s, 370s)? Or do they custom program a chip for you (trial and error fashion)? Ultimately, I'd like to have something as sleeper as possible, without any additional piggyback crap like S-AFC, etc."

Im failry sure they program the chip according to the mods you got...i cant say that for sure but ive heard thats what they do...
Yes the smt is hidden and is only visable whe you plug your computer in to tune the sucker then thats it....so its pritty invisible....but you would have to get at least a air/fuel gauge and Exhaust Gas Temp gauge to assist in tunning.
As for the sleeper thing...many ricers overhere wont be able to see any of my gauges =] as they are so low to the ground they cant see up but you can always hide them anyway...lots of peopel put htem right abovve there sterio in the top din slot can fit 3 of them nicly....

"Oh, one more question...do supra injectors fit the 4runner harness, intake plenum and fuel rail without modification? I don't like the fact that the RC injectors have to have the isolators machined down in order to fit our vehicles. '

I dont rember seeing that the RC injectors have to any more modding then only having to replace the clips...the supra injectors however just clip right in as long as there from a MKIV NON-turbo supra....they are 305cc and as chris mentioned will now have that much head room if you want to go for a smaller pully and larger maf or water injection....i personally have decided to go for the 370cc...as even the tech at RC whom i talked with have recommended those.

I will keep you posted on how it all works out for me =]

Take care
Old 07-02-2003, 10:16 AM

Forget ELP. They can not do ECUs any newer then 97. They could not do a chip for my 97 for my 305cc injectors.

You either use a piggy back or you are out of luck, well unless you want to go stand alone.

The 305cc injector is plenty big enough for most anything you want to do with the TRD Supercharger.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 07-02-2003, 12:41 PM

Glad to hear that the someone else is going to go with the RC 370cc injectors! Gadget, I'm running 370cc's as you know, and I'm running positive numbers 3-4's in the fuel map, with little to know fuel trim, short or long term. I was under the impression that the folks with the 305cc injectors were maxxing them out with +30-40 in the fuel maps? I can't see how you're not when I'm running the 370cc's and running positive numbers too.

Chris
Old 07-02-2003, 01:22 PM

Don't confuse AFC settings when used with the Supra MAF with the capacity of the injectors. With all of my mods currently running 250 RWHP, my injectors are peaking at 80% duty cycle. Right where they should be.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 07-02-2003, 01:25 PM

Exactly what I'm saying, I think. If I want to run water injection, the 9psi pulley, in conjunction with the Supra MAF, you need the 370cc injectors to compensate for the increased fuel need. My point exactly! Thanks Gadget!

Chris

Quick Reply: What injectors?