Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Wal-Mart Synthetic Oil

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, lot of discussion. I run Castrol Syntec 100% with Red Line in the cases. I don't see anything wrong with that. Anyone have info is Castrol is good/ bad. As far as that Porche thing, it would suck changing all that oil, but having a pan that big on my Runner would sure make me feel safer!
Old 04-17-2004, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by goldnrod24
My, my.... how convenient to spout, "If you don't care to work at WalMart, then don't."

Try telling that to someone who has lost their job because WM came into town and undercut all the speciality retailers with their "low low prices" to the point where they had to close down.

Try going into WM on a Saturday afternoon for a 15/16 drill bit after all your hardware stores have closed down.

Try going into WM for a automotive-specific part (more specific than air fresheners or oil) after all the auto parts stores have closed down.

Then, my ignorant friend, be sure to gloat about the good prices you got.

WM is the devil. If they come to your town, mark my words........ YOU ARE SCREWED.

Randy
WalMart S U C K S
Well, Randy, it appears to me that you are the ignorant one. In reverse order:

I have lived in many towns with Wal-Marts, and (through some miracle, I'm sure) they're all doing fine. Big cities, suburban communities, and even out in the boonies (where Wal-Mart is the closest thing to an electronics store). Sorry to say, but none of those towns were screwed.

The auto parts stores will not close down for exactly the reason you mention - because they don't carry automotive specific parts.

The hardware stores won't close down for the same reason - because they don't have the 15/16 drill bit that you need to pick up on a Saturday afternoon.

You see, my ignorant friend, the secret to Wal-Mart is that they have OK prices on some general items.

If you want a TV, they're a great place to go. Unless you want a 36" Sony XBR TV with component video input and an S-Video connection on the front. Then you have to go elsewhere, cause Wal-Mart has crappy TVs.

If you want to pick up a CD, they're a great place to go. Unless it's a Rap CD with explicit lyrics. Or the second NIN CD. Or ANY NIN CD, for that matter. Then you have to go elsewhere.

If you want to pick up a tool, they're a great place to go. Unless you want a tool made by a company other than stanley or black and decker. Then guess what - you have to go elsewhere.

If you want practically any computer software of hardware, they really, really suck (unless you happen to get very lucky because they have a very limited selection) so you pretty much have to go elsewhere.

Clothes? Well, if you want just about any clothing with a brand name, you have to go elsewhere. Though they do have a couple. But not many.

If you want to buy a firearm? Well, if you just want a rifle or shotgun, they pretty much have you covered. But if you want just about any pistol, or you want a specfic rifle or shotgun, guess what? You're shopping elsewhere.

Wal-Mart is not going to take over the world. They have low prices, sure. But you can get lower prices from other stores. You can get higher quality goods from other stores. You can get better selection from other stores.

And no, I have no sympathy for someone who will work for Wal-Mart at $5/hour and be content with that. I've known many people who work at Wal-Mart and are too damn lazy to try to better themselves (or just too lazy to look for another job) and take the path of least resistance.

Don't blame Wal-Mart for hiring people who work for next to nothing. If you own a business, why would you pay someone $15/hour if someone else is willing to do the same job for $5/hour. Corporations are just like people - they try to get the most they can for the least amount of money they can.

~Bill
Old 04-19-2004, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mystickal
Well, Randy, it appears to me that you are the ignorant one. In reverse order:

I have lived in many towns with Wal-Marts, and (through some miracle, I'm sure) they're all doing fine. Big cities, suburban communities, and even out in the boonies (where Wal-Mart is the closest thing to an electronics store). Sorry to say, but none of those towns were screwed.

The auto parts stores will not close down for exactly the reason you mention - because they don't carry automotive specific parts.

The hardware stores won't close down for the same reason - because they don't have the 15/16 drill bit that you need to pick up on a Saturday afternoon.

You see, my ignorant friend, the secret to Wal-Mart is that they have OK prices on some general items.

If you want a TV, they're a great place to go. Unless you want a 36" Sony XBR TV with component video input and an S-Video connection on the front. Then you have to go elsewhere, cause Wal-Mart has crappy TVs.

If you want to pick up a CD, they're a great place to go. Unless it's a Rap CD with explicit lyrics. Or the second NIN CD. Or ANY NIN CD, for that matter. Then you have to go elsewhere.

If you want to pick up a tool, they're a great place to go. Unless you want a tool made by a company other than stanley or black and decker. Then guess what - you have to go elsewhere.

If you want practically any computer software of hardware, they really, really suck (unless you happen to get very lucky because they have a very limited selection) so you pretty much have to go elsewhere.

Clothes? Well, if you want just about any clothing with a brand name, you have to go elsewhere. Though they do have a couple. But not many.

If you want to buy a firearm? Well, if you just want a rifle or shotgun, they pretty much have you covered. But if you want just about any pistol, or you want a specfic rifle or shotgun, guess what? You're shopping elsewhere.

Wal-Mart is not going to take over the world. They have low prices, sure. But you can get lower prices from other stores. You can get higher quality goods from other stores. You can get better selection from other stores.

And no, I have no sympathy for someone who will work for Wal-Mart at $5/hour and be content with that. I've known many people who work at Wal-Mart and are too damn lazy to try to better themselves (or just too lazy to look for another job) and take the path of least resistance.

Don't blame Wal-Mart for hiring people who work for next to nothing. If you own a business, why would you pay someone $15/hour if someone else is willing to do the same job for $5/hour. Corporations are just like people - they try to get the most they can for the least amount of money they can.

~Bill

Amen!