Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Update...

Old 06-20-2003, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update...

Well... The tore the front off of my 4runner, they said it really wasnt as bad as they first thought... they told me my insurance only does parts 2 out of 3 ways... one... they look for used OEM parts... then 2 they get OEM new parts... the third way, is to buy aftermarket.. which I am glad my insurance does not do... supposively....

Anyways... I asked them if the replacement parts cost "x" amount of dollars, and I know where to get a bumper for around 600 (ARB) would they use that? and they said no... they can't.

Darn... they did say the radiator did seem to be damaged, but not really... its not leaking, but they are replacing it anyways... maybe asthetically damaged? I dunno, I told him that if they replace it, I want to keep the old one if it doesnt leak... those are spendy, might as well keep a spare... oh and I get a neat garage ornament... the front grill that has the toyota symbol on it, it somehow survived the accident, with only a clip broken... they are replacing that, and I get the old one to hang up =)

So far they still think the suspension I just bought and the tires look good... and as far as the tie rods and steering which I know is tweaked, they said they dont really do that, that when they are done with the body, it goes next door for the alignment.... and they will replace suspension/steering as needed... Which I am afraid of them screwing with my SAWs... and doing the alignment without checking to see if my vehicle is level...

Oh well ill take it day by day, since im missing my vehicle and still got a long time to go.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hope things go better for ya and you get it back soon.