Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Unichip performance module???

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unichip performance module???

Sup guyz what do you know about this http://www.performanceproducts.com/P...odules&type=30 Sounds good to me ...but a bit pricey, does anyone here have it?
Old 07-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Contributing Member

Just get the SC'r already!

How much is it? I didn't see a price.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by <96 Runner>
Just get the SC'r already!

How much is it? I didn't see a price.
Well I can't get the S/C now my wife made a huge point about,We have to save more money for our house dwn payment so I have to get something that don't cost as much!! I'd rather have a house thats for sure but I still need some bawls for the taco. oh it's $795.00
Old 07-14-2005, 07:52 PM

Save for the house! Your wife would probably kill you if you made a purcahse like that.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:08 PM

most of those cheap chip things, all they do is advance the timing, and increase fuel to your rpms. They just trick your ecu in thinking that you are at WOT even though you may be only at part throttle. Every motor is different so only a truely stand alone and reprogramable system that you make adjsutments when you are at the dyno, only truely works. Spend your $800 somewhere else.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:48 PM

why not get real fuel and timing control and a part you will need later for a SC set up? If I was spending the money I would opt for the Split second unit knowing that any problems you have hooking it up can probably be answered by Gadget in no time at all.

Split second

or if you prefer spending a little less for a product with maybe a bit less support check into Perfect Power SMT6

Last edited by Ganoid; 07-14-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:02 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, the SMT6 is a great little product. I just picked up a brand new one for $350 shipped - it came with all needed hardware, etc. I have yet to install it due to the lack of a wiring diagram, but I don't suspect it will be too difficult.

I highly doubt you would see much gain on a N/A engine from these units. You might be able to tweak a little bit of power out of it, but not much.

I have tried a lot of different bolt-on items. Everything from elec fans to headers. The deckplate mod and exhaust are the best bang for the buck on a N/A vehicle. I would stop there and just make the jump to the SC'r when funds (and wifey) allowed.

Nothing compares to the power gains from the SC'r. I feel like a dork, but every time I get a chance to punch it in 2nd to about 5K RPM I get a big grin on my face.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by <96 Runner>
Yeah, the SMT6 is a great little product. I just picked up a brand new one for $350 shipped - it came with all needed hardware, etc. I have yet to install it due to the lack of a wiring diagram, but I don't suspect it will be too difficult.

I highly doubt you would see much gain on a N/A engine from these units. You might be able to tweak a little bit of power out of it, but not much.

I have tried a lot of different bolt-on items. Everything from elec fans to headers. The deckplate mod and exhaust are the best bang for the buck on a N/A vehicle. I would stop there and just make the jump to the SC'r when funds (and wifey) allowed.

Nothing compares to the power gains from the SC'r. I feel like a dork, but every time I get a chance to punch it in 2nd to about 5K RPM I get a big grin on my face.

LMAO your not a dork dude If I had a S/C I would be pounding it in all gears lol, As for the wife! it would be or should I say it WILL be a super long time before i get a S/C so I have to get what I can get now.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:51 AM

I noticed you where discussing the extra injector feature of the SMT6, this map is actual quite versatile in a number of applications, its main drive is to control extra injectors but is you enable a global setting called NOS mode, it changes the cycle time of the driver from rpm to a stable set time, this set time allows you to control other devices such a proportional Nitrous control (don’t just dump it all in one shot) and even boost control.

The SMT7 goes even further with its Boost control map that allows you to set a boost target for 16 different rpm points.

I was also interested in the heading of this post, just so that you guys know the Unichip is a completely different company, Perfect Power units are manufactured by a company called DDS, they are also involved in a wide range of other electronic systems such a calorimeters and UPS systems.