Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Strawberry Milkshaked the 99. Yes Im still alive..

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 03:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Strawberry Milkshaked the 99. Yes Im still alive..

Hi guys have not posted in a very long time. Miss you all. Ill get to why I've been gone here in a bit. So...I milkshaked the 99. I think I'm lucky cause it happened in my subdivision and I never got it up to temp. I felt her slip a lil bit and stopped and popped the hood. She def mixed fluids.

Im getting ready to order a radiator...is the koyo still the go to? Want a drop in. Going to get rad in..flush cooling system. Drop trans pan and filter. Pump out fluid via trans cooler in and out...run some through at home...then drive her up to shop close to home (2 miles) to get power flushed.

Any tips appreciated.

So...where have I been? I had a wicked fusion back surgery. Lumbar. I posted a couple times after that. The pain never got better...the fusion failed and it was discovered....the fusion was done at the wrong level. Had to wait for a year after first surgery...then had to have it fixed. Cut me open front and back. Was terrible. I basically have been mostly trapped at home recovering from these brutal operations living in pain. I play guitar now and fix tube guitar amps for everyone in my city to get my fix thing itch scratched. Cant really work on cars anymore...but I think i can get some friends to help on this one...unless there is someone local who wants to make a few bucks.

I sold my 87. I miss the yotatech life....just kinda been neglecting my rides for the last 4 years since I hurt my back.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is my lower back now.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:50 PM
Contributing Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
That's nasty. My back hurts looking at it.
Sounds like you have a good plan on getting it fixed.
And yes, I think Koyo or Denso would be good.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:11 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
YT is still alive. Hope you get better (phy therapy?). X2 on either rad.

Cheers
Old 05-20-2017, 05:59 PM
Contributing Member

Received 463 Likes on 309 Posts
Glad to see you're still around and about! Sorry to hear your initial surgery didn't go well, crossing fingers the 2nd time's the charm!
Old 08-26-2017, 05:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Back surgery is something that I hope I never have to have. Sorry to hear you sold off some rides but life happens. Hope to see you active on this forum again!
Old 09-03-2017, 05:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Imo.....the best tip is to change your rad as soon as u read or know this issue is possible. It is serious because your transmission can become contaminated with moisture.
Thats a $$$$ killer.
Ps.....always use import rad fluid and the correct import trans fluid. That $100 new rad is cheap piece of mind. Changed mine the week i read about this issue a few years back.

Last edited by sharrack; 09-03-2017 at 05:27 PM.