Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Stock parts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock parts?

Hello all,
Well, I finally got the beast home so I could start tearing into it (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/what-would-you-do-long-38374/) and I have a couple of quick questions.

I still can't get the passenger side cam pulley to move at all!! I pulled the plugs, etc and still nothing. Is it common for the 3.0 to break something in the head that would cause the cam to lock up. The motor itself turns over fine.

Other than that, I am very pleased with the condition of this thing...which leads to the 2nd Q. Is there a place where I can look up which tranny,t-cse,etc I have (I searched the FAQ and Tech section here). I am trying to see which motors (4 or 6 cyl) and years will bolt to my tranny (5 speed).

Last, and least...how the heck do you get the rear window to go down on this thing. I tried the switch..nothing...I tried the key...nothing...feeling the love

Thx again

John
Old 08-29-2004, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Freemans4runner
Hello all,
Well, I finally got the beast home so I could start tearing into it (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38374) and I have a couple of quick questions.

I still can't get the passenger side cam pulley to move at all!! I pulled the plugs, etc and still nothing. Is it common for the 3.0 to break something in the head that would cause the cam to lock up. The motor itself turns over fine.

Other than that, I am very pleased with the condition of this thing...which leads to the 2nd Q. Is there a place where I can look up which tranny,t-cse,etc I have (I searched the FAQ and Tech section here). I am trying to see which motors (4 or 6 cyl) and years will bolt to my tranny (5 speed).

Last, and least...how the heck do you get the rear window to go down on this thing. I tried the switch..nothing...I tried the key...nothing...feeling the love

Thx again

John
That Cam pulley should turn pretty freely. Are you just replacing the t-belt or are you tearing into the engine? You must have something broken on the pass. side cam, it's probably the reason that the t-belt snapped! Most likely your going to have to tear into it!

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/faq/ here's some info for tranny's and years and engines.

On the rear window check your fuses and wiring, very common problem!

Good Luck John!

* Harry *
Old 08-29-2004, 10:24 AM

Nunsa,

Thx for the reply. According to that info, I have the R150F tranny and the RF1A t-case. It also shows that the tranny is only behind the 3.0 V6. Is the bellhousing bolt pattern different on the V6 and the 4cyl? The reason I ask, is that I have access to a carbed 22r motor out of an 85 truck.

I was hoping to get away with just changing the belt...but I have a feeling I may be doing more. It has 214k on it...so I am not sure I really even want to use that motor.

Thx

John
Old 08-29-2004, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Freemans4runner
Nunsa,

Thx for the reply. According to that info, I have the R150F tranny and the RF1A t-case. It also shows that the tranny is only behind the 3.0 V6. Is the bellhousing bolt pattern different on the V6 and the 4cyl? The reason I ask, is that I have access to a carbed 22r motor out of an 85 truck.

I was hoping to get away with just changing the belt...but I have a feeling I may be doing more. It has 214k on it...so I am not sure I really even want to use that motor.

Thx

John
http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/faq/parts/ You have to scroll down!
214k isn't bad, I rebuilt mine at 297,000!

Good Luck!
Old 08-30-2004, 04:06 AM

On the rear window ,mine was dead the other day.Looked in the owners manual and it shows a circuit breaker controlling all the windows(which still worked).I finally figured it out .The rear wiper wasn't fully retracted,which shuts off the rear window.Damn,i musta played with the switches for 15 min.The wiper looked retacted.Dooohhh !
Old 08-30-2004, 05:22 AM

nunsa,
I must b going blind, cuz I am missing what you are eluding to. I see the info on what I have, but not what will interchange.

Hondatec,

I will give that a try....hopefully it is something simple.

I need to get some pics of this thing up one of these days.

Thx again

John