Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Shining Monkey anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 09:42 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shining Monkey anyone?

Aight. I got the Shining Monkey kit last tuesday. I even said they "jipped" me. Yea, I used the wrong words.

Sunday, I managed to find a shady spot to try out the Line-Up.

I started with a wash mit, Dawn, adn the Two-Bucket method.
Dried it up with Microfiber. Let it sit for 20 minutes or so.
Washed her again, witht he Shining Monkey wash solution. Wash mit, and Two Bucket again.
Rinsed with no nozzle, so most of the water sheeted off. Finished drying with a couple Microfibers.
Started witht he Polish. Worked on one body panel at a time. Applied with one Microfiber. Buffed off with another Microfiber.
Now to the Glaze. Again, one body panel at a time. Applied with a Microfiber. Buffed off with a Microfiber. I remember someone saying that the stuff was a pain to remove. However, I found it to come off very easily.
Onto the Wax. Yes, one panel at a time. Applied with a ******** Gold Class (?) Applicator. Buffed off with a Microfiber.
Now my arm is starting to get tired. As soon as I finished the tailgate, I went and took a quick power nap. When I woke up, went outside, looked at the truck, and was AMAZED.
I looked into the door, and I can see everything behind me. I even forgot I was looking at the door.
And all this, without Claying. Given my truck has 2k and dosent really need clay, it would've made the surface even smoother.

This is just a quick review. Im currently working on the full review, going into detail about all the stuff, with pics. But I have to get to work right now.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:03 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been using the Eagle 1 wax-as-u-dry, and it works Awesome! if you are looking for a deep shine, the eagle 1 makes it look better than new!
Keep us up on the shining Monkey stuff
Thanks
Kent