Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Scored some JDM Vent Visors!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To comment on the spoiler with the back-up mirror: There is a switch mounted in the center console - you open and close the mirror from that switch - the mirror will not automatically come out while in reverse. I hope this helps. So the mirror can come out anytime you want you do not have to reverse in order to use it.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blakegeee
...Oh ya, as far as wiring the reverse mirror, you could do it either way. You could just hook it up to your reverse light, so when your reverse light goes on, it gets power....
if you do it that way, you're gonna kill the mirror's motor right away because every time you shift to D and when going back to P, you pass by R...so the little motor is going like on-off...hahaha
Old 03-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Contributing Member

To comment on the rain visors - they are installed with the clips and doublesided tape - please don't skimp on the tape - buy 3m automotive double sided tape - ensure you have the same thickness as the old tape - you can measure the thickness of the old dried up tape - also I would remove the old tape prior to installation, you want a really good installation on these otherwise they leak and don't serve any purpose and are apt to get ripped off the vehicle while flying down the highway - trust me I know I have been there.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:22 PM

Yeah I've got bruised thumbs from peeling the old stuff away now. I used 3M on my factory Honda visors, super great stuff!! I have to use Goo Gone now to clean as much of the left over stuff off as possible. They got here pretty darn quick IMHO, very happy with them. They are large and will be exactly what I wanted. Hey CDUFF7, do you alway sell stuff on eBay or will you ever offer people here stuff without going through eBay? I'm interested in some factory yellow Toyota fogs and some clear corners if they don't leak.
Jason

Originally Posted by CDUFF7
To comment on the rain visors - they are installed with the clips and doublesided tape - please don't skimp on the tape - buy 3m automotive double sided tape - ensure you have the same thickness as the old tape - you can measure the thickness of the old dried up tape - also I would remove the old tape prior to installation, you want a really good installation on these otherwise they leak and don't serve any purpose and are apt to get ripped off the vehicle while flying down the highway - trust me I know I have been there.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Contributing Member

I do offer stuff directly but to tell ya the honest truth - people usually don't buy it 8 times out of 10. That is why I offer here and put on ebay, pm's are welcome anytime.

I have a set of fogs on ebay now, clear 3rd gen corners - hard to find at the moment (in my area).

I employed my dremel on the old tape - I used the plastic "wire wheel" - if you know what I mean - please do that outside if you use the dremel and be careful not to gouge the plastic. Use alcohol to prep the areas where you will stick the tape (visor and truck)
Old 03-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Contributing Member

3M tape is pretty strong stuff and I've got 4 years on mine and I only had to replace a small strip right at the front on the driver window.

In-channel is nice but I've seen more than a few rattle after a few years which is quite annoying and some people report them falling out or interrupting the auto up feature on the windows.