Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

new suspension stuff!

Old 03-24-2011, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new suspension stuff!

so yesterday i installed new sway bar end links and new sway bar bushings. i got a set of energy suspension bushing for the end links, a set of energy suspension bushing for the front and rear bar with grease fitings and some moog greasable sway bar end links. so far its been great handles a ton better and you can def tell a difference in the overall ride just from thouse few little things. thought i would share if anyone was looking to do this same thing or trying to figure out what to do.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by 4runner joe
so yesterday i installed new sway bar end links and new sway bar bushings. i got a set of energy suspension bushing for the end links, a set of energy suspension bushing for the front and rear bar with grease fitings and some moog greasable sway bar end links. so far its been great handles a ton better and you can def tell a difference in the overall ride just from thouse few little things. thought i would share if anyone was looking to do this same thing or trying to figure out what to do.
I just got my ES front and rear bushings in the mail yesterday, and i'm going to try to change them out this weekend. How difficult of a project am I looking at here? Any upfront tips?

Going to PB blast the night before, and they're the non greasable type so i'm pretty sure its just a straight swap out (no additional parts needed). From what i've read it sounds like its best to keep the truck on the ground (dont jack it up), keep the wheels straight to avoid any sort of load on the bar, loosen all the bolts, replace one piece at a time, and tighten in the end. Sound about right? TIA.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:00 AM

the rear bushing are a breeze took me about 15 mins to do both sides def greas the bushing before install it though help with squeaks and puting it over the rear bar. i would def go to your local advance auto and get the endling bushing they have in the perfomance section of the store. now for the front bar this was a pain. def soak them with some pb. the bolts are actually on the top side of the mounting bracket wich makes it a bear to get to on the passenger side because of the exhaust. if you have to just cut the bolts off and replace them with some new washers and m8 size bolts. this is what i had to do, do to broken bolts and one that rounded off.

Now as far as jacking it up if you dont have a lift or if your a small person like me then i would suggest lifting it just mark the out sides of the bar where they are in the stock location on the ground so you can put them back in the same place. all in all very easy to do if your good with basic hand tools and if you have all the right tools to do it with. good luck let me know what you think when your all done. i will get some pics of mine here soon!

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 03-26-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: language
Old 03-26-2011, 03:41 AM

Good stuff joe, thank you sir. Not sure if i'm going to be able to get to them this weekend or not, but i'll definately give you an update when i'm done.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:41 PM

k good luck man and let me know how the ride is. im loving it!
Old 05-08-2011, 03:09 PM

I am also looking of going the Energy suspension route on my front end and sway bar links. Did you get a chance to install them?