Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

New rubber & wheels for my ride (Lifted 4th Gen)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Billy - I have loved watching the progress of your rig from a distance - no hate here! Spend it on what you love - why not you can't take it with you when you go.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:17 PM

thought you all may want to see my new chopper...bored, stroked, polished and ported...0-60 in a month...peace.

Billy

chopper pic
Old 04-14-2004, 03:42 PM

Just to keep you all in the know. I talked to downey today and their rear coils are available for $180 a pair...I ordered some. They have a sway bar and brake line extensions in the works, and the entire kit will be out in 4-6 weeks. I will be running the downey coils + revtek spacers by monday or tues, and Lance will be rollin downey coils + daystar spacers very soon, as far as i know.

The 22's go on next tuesday...I know you all cant wait to see them...

Billy
Old 04-14-2004, 04:25 PM
Contributing Member

Hey Billy,

Keep on posting brother, I love the way your molded your monster. Keep on posting.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Biff
Hey Billy,

Keep on posting brother, I love the way your molded your monster. Keep on posting.
To Victor and the rest of ya:

Thanks a ton for the support...like I have said many times, I am just here to help the rest of you.

On a side not...are you gonna get some larger tires Vic??...I have vetoed the supercharger idea, as I feel I am getting too high and would just get myself into trouble. Just curious what your plans are...it is coming along very nice.

Billy
Old 04-14-2004, 04:37 PM
Contributing Member

Was considering some Revo's maybe some BFG's A/T. I added Goodyear Wranglers back in November, so I'm not sure if its worth it.

I know what you mean on the s/c, with your height you'll defientely get yourself into trouble. I can already tell the difference with my height.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Biff
Was considering some Revo's maybe some BFG's A/T. I added Goodyear Wranglers back in November, so I'm not sure if its worth it.

I know what you mean on the s/c, with your height you'll defientely get yourself into trouble. I can already tell the difference with my height.

You have any luck finding a wheeling machine???...just curious as you seemed to be looking for a little while there. Keep up the good work.

Billy
Old 04-15-2004, 07:53 AM
Contributing Member

No not yet, I'm still looking for something.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:58 AM
Contributing Member

Why take away good handling/ride and off roadability by putting Dubs on your 4x4 for the sole purpose of looks?

Sorry,I just see it as a silly fad when you spend $5k on looks but if you gotta fit in and bring in the girls I guess it might be worth it.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by X-AWDriver
Why take away good handling/ride and off roadability by putting Dubs on your 4x4 for the sole purpose of looks?

Sorry,I just see it as a silly fad when you spend $5k on looks but if you gotta fit in and bring in the girls I guess it might be worth it.

Mr. X-AWD-

Lets go over a few things here. A 50 series sidewall on a 325 wide tire is about 6.5-7" tall. I have no clue what you are running, but a 31x10.5R15 would render just about the same results in this regard. The new tires are slightly larger than my 315/70R17's and still have a good A/T tread pattern. You have absolutely no idea how much I am spending on these, and that is entirely irrelevant.

So to answer your question regarding the loss of handling, ride, and off-road capability...well, the ride will truly be no different, the handling will be better, and they will still be more than capable in the woods...hence the black powder coat for an extra layer of protection and a solid all terrain pattern.

Getting to question #2, you have missed the boat entirely my friend. It has never been my intent to "fit in" in this world as you have stated, and never will be. I would have to agree that my runner is setup like everyone else's, so I guess I am trying really really hard to fit in...I see rides just like mine every day.

Then we get to your women statement. I could really be a **** regarding this one, but that isnt my style. If someone is that desperate to get a lay that they must buy new wheels and tires, or at least take the perception that those results will render what you speak of, well...if that is what you have to do, go for it. I have a real hard time finding dates...you saw right thru me on that one too.

This could go forever, but that isnt worth either of our time. Learn to conceal your jealousy to a better extent and you may not come across so ignorant next time. I wish you well my friend.

Billy
Old 04-15-2004, 08:24 PM
Contributing Member

Sorry,IMO it's a overplayed fad (thanks,most rap vids) that I have absolutely have no jealousy of but I will apologize for my remarks. I was in a bad mood and and I just got off a import board arguing with some youngsters. Sorry also about the "girl" remark,since I had just jumped off the other board I was still in the "dealing with kids" mode and had to adjust to a little more maturity.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by X-AWDriver
Sorry,IMO it's a overplayed fad (thanks,most rap vids) that I have absolutely have no jealousy of but I will apologize for my remarks. I was in a bad mood and and I just got off a import board arguing with some youngsters. Sorry also about the "girl" remark,since I had just jumped off the other board I was still in the "dealing with kids" mode and had to adjust to a little more maturity.
Hey bro, apology accepted. I am not gonna state that I handled your initial statement entirely correct either, but I am going to stand firm on my ground. We all slip and say things that we dont intend from time to time, so there is no rational nor realistic way that I can fault you. It would have been one thing if you had known me better and just wanted to stir up a little dust...I have no problem with that.

I am not one to maintain negative feelings, so I have every reason to believe this wont happen again. Have a good one...peace.

Billy
Old 04-15-2004, 08:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What are these fads, I live in NY and see like 2 trucks with 20's or 22's that can't be played out can it, someone is sitting infront of a computer screen posting a little 2 much

I look forward to the 22's and Billy if anyone gets in your way just
Old 04-15-2004, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by EDGE
What are these fads, I live in NY and see like 2 trucks with 20's or 22's that can't be played out can it, someone is sitting infront of a computer screen posting a little 2 much

I look forward to the 22's and Billy if anyone gets in your way just
Edge-

LOL...I'll plead the 5th from here on out...thanks for the support.

Billy
Old 05-25-2004, 04:06 PM
Contributing Member

Billy,

I ran a search on Toyo Open Country A/T here, as I just fitted my rig with them, and came across your thread. I have a '99, so the stock size was a 265/70-16 tire, and I upgraded to a 265/75-16. Is was not on my list when I walked into Les Schwab, but I ended up walking out with them. I originally wanted to throw on the Revos, but those would have to be special ordered, and the Dueller's were too expensive. I am happy with the Toyo, and It is great in both on and off road applications. Low noise, nice beefy tread, and while I haven't done serious off-roading yet, they look like they will handle it well. They have a very similiar tread pattern as the Revo's.

On another note, I see your in Kirkland. I'm just down the road in Bellevue, well Clyde Hill. I'd love to see those new wheels of yours. Peace.

:bounce2:
Old 05-25-2004, 04:16 PM
Contributing Member

Billy
You in the area now? I'm interested in checkin out your ride too.