Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

New member introduction

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member introduction

I didn't see a new member intro thread, so I'll post this here.

First, thanks for all the info already. I've been looking for a 4Runner or a Land Cruiser. I narrowed it down to a pretty specific choice for each, based a lot on what I found here, and waited for either to turn up.

I just got back from picking up the 4Runner (that's what turned up first) and I love it. I even gave the 4WD a workout in 100 miles of Colorado snow and ice.

The first "mod" was a WeatherTech cargo mat. The second was removal of the running boards and fixing the flare that was torn off when the previous owner (apparently) backed over something and jammed the driver's running board forward (visible in the before pic).

Next is going to be removal of the ill-fitting brush guard and paint touchup.

Anyway, it's a 1999, manual, with diff lock and no sunroof. 110,000 miles and a TON of service records.

I think I overpaid by a little, but I had a Land Cruiser bought out from under me, and wasted some money getting a rust bucket inspected in Florida, so I was kind of done screwing around.

$10k, FWIW.

I look forward to learning enough to be a contributor at some point. For now, I'm ok with just digging for information. Thanks again for all the info I've already gotten.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:48 AM

*Most* of the brush guard is off. It took a fair amount of cutting and breaking, to get the seized hardware off.

The damage to the paint could have been worse.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:18 AM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Nice clean rig you got there. 10k is steep but I would rather pay 10k for a clean one like yours rather than a newer gen one with rust. Any plans for it
Old 02-02-2014, 01:29 PM

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I wasn't finding a lot like it, with reasonably low miles, and no frame rust issues (the ones I found turned out to be not as good as advertised). They had just listed it, and didn't want to bargain yet. I decided to grab it, rather than walk away and hope it was still there later, when they were feeling more generous.

No big plans yet, other than touching up the paint. I think a Bajarack (or similar) is probably on the short list. I'm also probably going back to the factory stereo.