Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

need some help in Connecticut

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need some help in Connecticut

I live in Central CT and i am looking for a place to put in my new lift. I just ordered up some Performance Products springs and Bilsteins. I can't do the install by myself so i'm looking for a shop to do it or maybe a member with a spring compressor that can help me. Any info would be greatly appreciated. The dealership in Middletown, CT is my last resort.

Thanks,

Drew
Old 01-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Contributing Member

u can borrow the spring compressor for free at autozone or pepboys, one of those, i forget which one.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:02 PM

Amir, thanks, thats good to know. I also failed to mention i live in an apartment and i have no garage. I could drive an hour to parents house near foxwoods and borrow their garage if have to. I'm not sure i really trust myself. My other option is driving to Orono, Maine and do it at my buddy's shop up there but thats a 6 hour ride one way.

Also, any idea what it might run me at a Stealership? or even if a shop did it? I'm assuming i will just have to pay per hour of labor. i think i would prefer having a shop or a member with some kind of experience doing it cause i have none.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:37 PM

I work at a shop in Vernon. They frown on bringing in buddies' cars and working on them, but we only sell Toyota vehicles, and the senior techs have many years of experience working on them. Three of us own Toyota 4x4's, plus a plow truck, plus various other nice Toyotas. I'm the body guy, so I probably wouldn't end up doing it, but if we can help, drop me a line...
Old 01-19-2005, 07:17 PM

Cardiac. If you could get me a quote on what it might cost, i will definately pay the normal rate. My biggest fear is bringing it to a shop that says they can do it and they mess it up. It sounds like you guys know toyotas over there and i dont mind paying to have the stuff installed as long as the installer knows toyotas and knows what they are doing. That is why i was going to go to the stealership, because they at least know toyotas. I"m pretty much also looking for a place to get things done when i need them done. I live in New Britain so vernon isn't too far. How do you guys feel about people bringing in their own parts for you to install? Let me know if you guys will do it over there cause i would love to bring my truck by and have it installed. The springs are on back order and won't be here for 3 or 4 weeks. Thanks for your help so far.

Drew