Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Need help from Okies.

Old 01-10-2005, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help from Okies.

I am really interested in a 2000 Limited with 55k with locker in Oklahoma City.
The Dealer is A&G but they seem real shady. I spoke with Eddie, but he doesn't sound like an Eddie.
The price seems to good to be true but I can't find out much info about this place plus my father-in-law is 2 hours north in Enid. I would fly down to buy it because it's that good of a deal; but I can't ask my F-in-law for he's no good at buying trucks.
The last 2 4runners I was about to purchased where sold the day before. So I am really wanting a truck and my Xterra is up for sale. But I am not stupid about shady deals.

Anyone know of this place?
address
Any help would be great.

Last edited by Lance; 01-11-2005 at 06:10 AM.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:56 PM
Contributing Member

Shady dealers are everyware. If you have to ask, the guy is shady. I thought I knew enough about cars to be able to tell what I was getting into by looking at the truck but I didn't get a long enough test drive since the tank was convieniently on E. Anyway, if it's cheeper than the rest, there is something wrong with it.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:07 PM

In OKC..

Tell you what - run a carfax on this machine and if you still want it - buy me some gas and dinner and I'll drive out there and inspect it for you.

$20.00 ought to do it. Choctaw is a pretty good drive but they have a good German place out there.

Honestly, I'd be scared that I was getting something that was rebuilt.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:25 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would help you out but i'm in tulsa....maybe someone from okc will chime in..we have a few of them around that area.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:06 AM

Thanks for the offers. I am still talking it over with my wife, for she really wants it. We just don't have money to lose, if it goes south.
Here's the linky in autotrader: to good to be true deal

Edmunds numbers are $16,200 for trader in to $21,000 for dealer price, so something doesn't work. This guy sounds like he doesn't know what he has but he sells cars (it sounds like a small lot) so I would think he does know.
Something is missing so I am waiting for a car fax to be faxed to me from the dealer.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:38 AM
lee
Contributing Member

whats the mileage on it?
Old 01-11-2005, 07:12 AM

Run your own carfax - I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to send you one. Wouldn't trust it anyway.

Oklahoma City has one of the biggest dealer auto auction sites in the nation. Cars are shipped here for this auction from far and wide. There are a plethora of our middle eastern friends around here that buy vehicles at this auction that are of questionable background (flood cars, hail cars, rebuilds, odometer rollbacks etc. etc.) and the old saying - if it is too good to be true - probably is. Any Yota that is 5K under book has some issues I can assure you.

These Carpet merchants would sell a Flood Car to their own Momma to make five bucks.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by lee
whats the mileage on it?

I have looked at a flooded 4runner on a different site. They were very open about it but all they did to restore it was wash the interior and replace fluides. "It runs as good as new" set the whole tone.

I will keep looking. Thanks again for everyone helping a newbie here.

Search this Thread