Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

need help

Old 02-11-2005, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
torsion bar quest

first of all i have an 84 toyota pickup 2wd i was wondering if someone could tell me where the torsion bar is and how to tell if someone has tightend it my truck is lowerd but i want to raise the front back up if the torsion bar was tightend all the way would me loosening it raise the front end up at all and would it help with ride quality because right now it is horribly bumby. please i need any info that u can give me looking to fix this this weekend if i can and thnx for any help or info that u can provide.

Last edited by slammdrider; 02-11-2005 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:21 AM

Increasing the preload on your torsion bars (tightening them) will increase the harshness of the ride. Perhaps when your truck was lowered the control arms were replaced or ?? I don't have any pics handy of the adjustment bolts, but they are located underneath the front seats, about 1/3 from the front of the seat. Crawl underneat and look at the control arm on one side and you'll see a round bar about 22mm in diameter running toward the back of your truck, thats the torsion bar. The adjustment bolt faces downward and has two nuts on it, so you have to break the locknut loose before making adjustments. Be sure to adjust both sides the same amount, and bear in mind that adjusting them will screw up your alignment, and you can only adjust them so far for the other alignment adjustments to be be sufficient to compensate. Hope this helps...
Old 02-22-2005, 01:18 PM

hey this is off subject but i was looking at your 4 runner thats for sale and noticed that it has supra seats in it. i was wondering how hard that was to do or did they just fit right in and if u think they would fit in my truck because the stock seats hurt real bad.

Search this Thread