Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Interest in used suspension lift

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 07:45 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if thats all the IFS front lift costs maybe the 2k doesnt look so good anymore. He did include brake lines and disco's etc. gotta add that in (unless its already included in the 1k for an IFS lift ? ? ? )
Old 08-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Contributing Member

i know brake lines are included in the pro comp lift.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:57 AM
Contributing Member

he's also selling the shocks, skid plate, sway bar discos and torsion bars, in that package so add those in
Old 08-10-2004, 09:00 AM
Contributing Member

i realize this.
the 1k for the procomp thing is for the while deal. not just for that one drop bracket. im just saying, for that price,the 2k, you could buy a brand new complete procomp lift, and brand new allpro rear suspension stuff, or so it seems.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:21 PM

I got all my receipts out for all this stuff when I bought it and priced it out that way and took off about $500 or $600. Yeah I was including the rancho 9000's with the incab controller that ran $488 all together from 4wheelparts, and I also added about $300 for the completely rebuilt rear driveshaft with cv joint and everything. I probably could drop the price a little more, but I figured that price was reasonable considering it was pretty much a complete front and rear lift with everything included. I guess it helps to see what everyone would pay for a package like this now. I might just have to separate everything to sell it if I do end up getting rid of the rear setup. Sorry for all the confusion.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:23 PM

Oh and just to clear things up. I only purchased the front half of the pro comp lift. Just the brackets to lower the front differential, etc. That ran $582 from 4wheelparts. Then I went to allpro and purchased their complete rear lift.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Contributing Member

ahh, ok. i dunno, just 2k seems like a lot. either way, sounds like a solid set up.

im interest in you view on the all pro components for your rear set up. any pics at max flex?

ooh, also. how you like your discos?

any chance on selling those by themselves?

Last edited by doink; 08-10-2004 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:48 PM

I love the All Pro setup. period. It's kind of weird crawling over rocks with the rear and not really even noticing it because the FJ80 coils and those arms just flex right over them smooth and without a sound. I'll try and get some pics together for you in a little bit. The only problem I've had is with the right rear at full stuff the driveshaft is all over the gas tank. I have the all pro raise bracket and I guess I could use the pro comp drop bracket also to level out the rod, but I haven't gotten to it yet. I also have some better ideas to solve the problem, but other than that it works great. The discos are really nice too. I don't even have the fronts on because I just never put them back on like 3 months ago, but I would definitely be willing to sell at least the front ones right now. I'm just not too sure with what I'm going to do with the back yet, so I need to keep those on. They're all painted red. $40 plus shipping sound good? I pain $75 for them last year.

Last edited by TheTank; 08-10-2004 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by TheTank
I got all my receipts out for all this stuff when I bought it and priced it out that way and took off about $500 or $600. Yeah I was including the rancho 9000's with the incab controller that ran $488 all together from 4wheelparts, and I also added about $300 for the completely rebuilt rear driveshaft with cv joint and everything. I probably could drop the price a little more, but I figured that price was reasonable considering it was pretty much a complete front and rear lift with everything included. I guess it helps to see what everyone would pay for a package like this now. I might just have to separate everything to sell it if I do end up getting rid of the rear setup. Sorry for all the confusion.
I personally think your asking a fair price for what all comes with it. Specially with the "saving" of having to get a new drive shaft. That's worth some headache right there. Then to add the in cab controller and such...it's all good.

The only point I can think of as a negative is still having to buy tires and regear. Wich brings me to another ? Why you only runnin' 33's? Why not 34's or 35's?

Thanks again and let me know if you end up splitting the stuff up. I'd definately be interested in the front 4" PC lift.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Contributing Member

cool man. id definitely like to see some pics.

also, i am assuming these disconnects work with the 4 inch procomp lift...

have any pics of the disconnects themselveS?

im def. interested
Old 08-10-2004, 04:01 PM

DON'T sell your driveshaft. If you're planning to go as tall or taller with your SAS then you WILL still need the CV jointed driveshaft. Otherwise you'll have that grinding problem again.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:40 PM

Ok about the 35's. Yeah that's a big mistake on my part. I don't know what I was thinking going with only 33's. They looked big at first, but now they're WAY too small. And yeah that would be the only down side to the lift. I know tires and wheels would raise the cost quite a bit. But yeah, the front PC lift will definitely be for sale within the next couple of months so we'll keep in touch.

Yup I have an assortment of pictures I can get to you pretty soon to look at. And yeah, I called Rockstomper and they made these disconnects specifically to my measurements after I put the lift on so they fit perfectly.

And about the driveshaft. Yeah I might not sell it and rebuild my new one with the parts from it, but I will be putting dual Marlin Crawlers in there so it's going to need to be shortened, so good idea. I'll just use the driveshaft I have and cut it down probably. Thanks mikronzed!!!

Any other questions guys, I'd be happy to answer. And thanks for all the advice also!! Saving me a little $$ on the sas!!
Old 08-10-2004, 05:41 PM

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...03762423ehlHVr
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...03762540ZfkzLV
Old 08-10-2004, 05:45 PM

sorry....that's all I've got for now. I can get out the camera tomorrow and get some pics of the discos and put some trail pics on my webshots page so you can see some more.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:58 PM
Contributing Member

I might be intrested in the cv driveshaft, fj80 coils, and control arms. How much would you be willing to let those 3 go for?
Old 08-10-2004, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by TheTank
.... The only problem I've had is with the right rear at full stuff the driveshaft is all over the gas tank. ....
Very nice setup, I'm working on something similar even though I know the front front IFS lift is only temporary.

Do you have a problem with the passenger side upper control arm hitting the flange on the gas tank?

I just installed my cruser coils and am working on adding the all-pro links. I'm not sure if this is a problem as I haven't done any flexing with it yet. I'm thinking of raising the upper control arm mounts on the rear end with brackets.

Any help is apreciated.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Contributing Member

about the upper control arm lift brackets, you have to watch separating your stock brackets from your axle. I had a friend (Muchado on this forum i think) do that exact thing, ended up costing him quite a bit. I have the brackets with my superlift but i'm really concerned about doing what he did. I dunno, maybe if you could beef the welds up on the stock brackets you would be ok.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Contributing Member

Talking

Originally Posted by RobG
Very nice setup, I'm working on something similar even though I know the front front IFS lift is only temporary.

Do you have a problem with the passenger side upper control arm hitting the flange on the gas tank?

I just installed my cruser coils and am working on adding the all-pro links. I'm not sure if this is a problem as I haven't done any flexing with it yet. I'm thinking of raising the upper control arm mounts on the rear end with brackets.

Any help is apreciated.

the upper passenger side arm on my STOCK setup hit the gas tank flange at full droop, all that stuff is gone now with my custom gas tank though I dunno what to tell you other than maybe notch or bend the flange, i wouldnt mess with brackets, might mess up the geometry and end up doing more harm than good

Last edited by NCSU-4runner; 08-10-2004 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:07 PM

Well actually now I'm really thinking about keeping the driveshaft so I can modify it with my new rear suspension and dual crawlers. But if I do end up going with the leafs(very possible)...then yes the control arms would probably be for sale.

And yeah I do have a major problem with the control arm on the gas tank flange on the back. It still droops pretty well, but that's the only thing limiting down travel.

Just keep in mind it will be a couple of months before I take this stuff off until I can gather everything for the new lift. I just wanted to make sure there would be enough interest that I would be able to get rid of the old lift parts to put money towards the new lift. Thanks for all the replies guys!!