Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

I'm diggin' UPS!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 09:16 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I almost bought a similiar set up to that till I found out they wouldnt' ship that kind of stuff back to the states for me... I am already going to have to part with over $50 in stuff like WD-40, Brake Fluid, Brake Cleaner, Carb Cleaner, ect ect.. sucks you can't mail that kinda stuff. My mothers products are getting mailed back by me though
Old 07-25-2003, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by CMUpike
where in pittsburgh are you from?
Oakmont.

My MF (microfiber, Keisur) towels arrived today.

Now I have the stuff to detail the rig - except the time :cry:

Last edited by Cebby; 07-25-2003 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:48 PM

Hey Cebby! I live close to you. I live in the South Hills.:alien:
Old 07-25-2003, 02:52 PM
Contributing Member

Aren't the micro fiber towels just like the cloth baby diapers?
Old 07-25-2003, 04:04 PM

Originally posted by keisur
Aren't the micro fiber towels just like the cloth baby diapers?
Only more expensive...

I haven't compared the two yet. I'll let you know what I find...
Old 07-25-2003, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by 4BangR
Hey Cebby! I live close to you. I live in the South Hills.:alien:
Nice - another Pittsburgher!! We'll have to hook up sometime!
Old 07-26-2003, 04:12 AM
Contributing Member

hey Cebby,

What model of the Blue Top did you get? I was heading out to see about finding one in town today to compare and possibly pick on up, haven't decided btween the blue or yellow, actually this thread changed my mind.

EDIT: Scratch that question, I just figured out it's D34M. :pat:

Last edited by keisur; 07-26-2003 at 04:33 AM.
Old 07-26-2003, 11:33 AM

EDIT: Scratch that question, I just figured out it's D34M. :pat:
Bingo!!
Old 07-26-2003, 01:32 PM

Does UPS deliver on saturday? I ordered contacts on Tuesday and had them shipped next day. Well its saturday and theyre still not here. I'm getting angry to say the least. (kinda off topic, sorry)
Old 07-26-2003, 01:46 PM

That's better than Airborne Express... I had an envelope shipped "Overnight" from Va last week on Thursday. The sender was not sure if it would make the cutoff, so she checked on the label "Saturday Delivery," and I paid for it as a precaution.

The Airborne Express driver did not show up for Thursday's Pickup, and did not arrive to pick it up until 3:30 PM Friday. She was assured it would arrive Saturday.

Meanwhile, my wife stayed home all day Friday, and then again Saturday... But no AE Truck. Around 3:45PM Monday, we recieved our package, 3 days late!

On Tuesday morning, we went to the AE pickup center to return ship some papers "Overnight." Paid around $16.00 for the regular envelope, and left the package with them. The Company in Va has yet to see it show up... 4 days later!
Old 07-26-2003, 02:02 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I hate AB with a passion, and I refuse to do business with vendors that use them.

You have to be home to sign for it.
I left a note on my door one time for a gaming CD I had orderd, and told them to leave it with any available neighbor.
But nooooo, they would not do it, and left me a note telling me I had to be home to sign for it.

I only use Fed Ex (my favorite) and UPS, as they will leave a package with a neighbor.

And no, UPS does not deliver on weekends.
Old 07-26-2003, 04:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Corey

And no, UPS does not deliver on weekends.
Yeah they do, every thursday night whatever packages don't make it out of the hub on time they get a complementary saturday sticker on them. I'm probably there for about half an hour to an hour longer on thursday nights because me and one other guy have to saturday sticker all the packages that didn't make it out of our wing on time. It sucks! Especally for customers. I don't think that they deliver on Sunday but I do know they deliver on Saturday just gotta pay extra or wait for them to screw it up.

Originally posted by snoozer

I ordered contacts on Tuesday and had them shipped next day. Well its saturday and theyre still not here. I'm getting angry to say the least. (kinda off topic, sorry)
Doesn't surprise me, I've seen the same package for over a week straight stay in the same hub, it just gets moved.
Old 07-26-2003, 05:59 PM

UPS will deliver on Saturday if it's shipped Next Day Air on friday for a extra charge of $10 + regular NDA charge.They don't deliver ground packages or 2 day airs on Saturday.If some NDA's are missed on Friday(shipped Thursday) because of a UPS screw-up(mechanical reason,e.g. plane breaks down)they will make an attempt on Saturday for no extra charge.
F.Y.I.,Airboure Express drivers are independent contractors & purchase their rte from A.B.(just like Fed Ex ground drivers)& some really don't give a crap,unlike Fed Ex air drivers & UPS who are both paid by the hour & may take a little more time to satisfy a custamer.
Old 07-26-2003, 07:48 PM

Just picked me up a Blue Top at Costco for 148. Have you dropped it in yet? I'm kind of anxious to see if I'm gonna need to lengthen any cables. It looks like I can stretch them far enough but I'll have to wait until I drop it in to find out.
That's a good deal. Mine was $144 shipped from Nebraska to PA. I'll be dropping it in week after next when I have 6 days off (with the kids). I'll also be installing my CB, new Alternator, Flex-a-lite, stereo stuff and alarm stuff (if it arrives), Roger Brown BL, and some armor from Budbuilt (some new releases no one has seen yet!). If time permits (and the funds hold out) I'll be going for wheels and tires too. Stay tuned for my wheel poll.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:07 PM

Cebby,
Looks like you won the lottery. That's a lot of goodies for the rig. Anyway, one word of advice. Once your ready to clay the rig, keep your eye on the surface you are claying or where you are applying the clay, make sure there is enough speed shine on the surface of the rig you are claying and don't let the Corey Cable/clay bar holder oscillate/run dry. There is a tendency that the center of the clay bar holder will separate from the body.
I screwed mine big time because I let the speed shine thinned out on the surface where I was claying and the center piece where the clay bar rest broke off. Man, I was kicking myself.
Now, I have to get a new one plus one gallon of speed shine and six Micro Fiber cloths.
Oh BTW, I have a lot of people turning their heads at my Runner complimenting me how shiny it was.
Now, I'm sold with Griot's BOS and Corey Cable, heh heh heh.

Here's the picture of a broken clay bar holder.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:08 PM

Cebby,
Looks like you won the lottery. That's a lot of goodies for the rig. Anyway, one word of advice. Once your ready to clay the rig, keep your eye on the surface you are claying or where you are applying the clay, make sure there is enough speed shine on the surface of the rig you are claying and don't let the Corey Cable/clay bar holder oscillate/run dry. There is a tendency that the center of the clay bar holder will separate from the body.
I screwed mine big time because I let the speed shine thinned out on the surface where I was claying and the center piece where the clay bar rest broke off. Man, I was kicking myself.
Now, I have to get a new one plus one gallon of speed shine and six Micro Fiber cloths.
Oh BTW, I have a lot of people turning their heads at my Runner complimenting me how shiny it was.

Noel

Old 07-26-2003, 08:19 PM

Cebby,

Noel

Old 07-26-2003, 08:22 PM

Cebby,
Now, I'm sold with Griot's BOS and Corey Cable, heh heh heh. I would like to provide you a picture but the size is too big.

Noel
Old 07-26-2003, 08:44 PM

Guys,
I'm sorry, my bad! Don't mean to post it 4 times. I was trying to attach the picture and preview the post, I don't why it was posted four times. I'm very sorry guys.

Noel
Old 07-26-2003, 08:50 PM

Keisur,

PM me your e-mail address and I will send it to you. Thanks.

Noel

Quick Reply: I'm diggin' UPS!!