Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

I got left behind last night…

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I got left behind last night…

So I got a little excited and decided to take the truck out for a little wheelin with my fiancé and her brother. The truck was performing great. We ran into some other guys and decided to fallow. Always better to travel in groups. We started climbing a pretty big hill and my car died. I rolled backwards to get on level ground to see what was going on.
I popped my hood to investigate. The truck would only stay on for a split second. I asked the guys if they could tug me to the exit but they said they couldn’t. Shortly there after they left. My fiancé called her dad and he was going to come and pull us out of the area with his Range Rover. Her mom jumped in and said he is getting what he deserved leave him there. My buddy said it may be a clogged fuel filter. So I had my fiancé come back to me with a fuel filter. She had to leave at 11pm because she had school. I didn’t blame her. Around 12am I finally got it in but that didn’t work. I decided to call it a night. I camped out in my truck and woke up at about 9am. I gave her a shot and she still didn’t start. It was light outside so I figured I could do a little more TS with the car. Popped the hood and found that the air intake had bumped off. Put it back on, tightened it up and the truck started.

The point of this story. Never wheel without friends. Never go without tools. Have a back-up plan. Be kind to those in need. I would never leave anyone behind, even if I didn’t know them. And I hate my fiancés mom for what she did.

Old 04-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking You marry the family

Unfortunately sometimes, you marry the family, so learn to IGNORE the ignorant comments from your soon to be mother-in-law. They don't add the "in-law" part for no reason!

Sorry about the mishap, but hopefully you learned a valuable lesson at a cheap price. Never wheel alone!

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 04-29-2004 at 01:20 PM.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow man...

That really sucks. It's sad to hear a story like this.

The bums that would leave folks - and not provide a tug - give a bad name to the sport for the rest of us.
Contributing Member

I am very glad that it turned out to be just a line...

I am sorry that you had to go through so much to find it though... I do not understand how shallow some people are nowdays... I am sort of scared to go by myself to try and wheel (thats why I havn't been) I am just glad it all worked out ok...seems like luck has not been on your side brother.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:21 PM
Banned

Those monkey spankers that wouldn't give you a tug were probably headed off to cook some Meth or something.

Glad to hear everything eventually worked out ok.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:23 PM

Man that sucks. :/

Glad it worked out for ya..eventually.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Contributing Member

Man, I am glad that things work out for you. But I am pissed since those people left you behind. I am like you too, sometimes I wheel alone but not. a good idea at all
Old 04-29-2004, 01:32 PM
Contributing Member

first screw those guys .. but then again you have to be careful .. not everyone is as nice as they are here .. I went w/some jeeps once .. lets just say I ddn't feel welcomed.

Second .. man of man .. that mother in law .. don't do it bud .. I'm telling ya know don't do it.

third .. I hope your girl at least offered to stay the night with you and you forced her to go home, and she would still fight with you to stay .. then ya know shes a keeper

anyway glad you got alright, and it didn't cost ya much
Old 04-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by midiwall
wow man...

That really sucks. It's sad to hear a story like this.

The bums that would leave folks - and not provide a tug - give a bad name to the sport for the rest of us.
I seem to recall a few unnamed people heading the opposite direction when I got stuck in the snow on Monday.

(so they don't get a bad name they did drive back laughing about a minute later)

Sorry to hear about the guys that left you. It's never a fun position to be in anyways with out being left behind.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by sdastg1
first screw those guys .. but then again you have to be careful .. not everyone is as nice as they are here .. I went w/some jeeps once .. lets just say I ddn't feel welcomed.

Second .. man of man .. that mother in law .. don't do it bud .. I'm telling ya know don't do it.

third .. I hope your girl at least offered to stay the night with you and you forced her to go home, and she would still fight with you to stay .. then ya know shes a keeper

anyway glad you got alright, and it didn't cost ya much
She did want to stay. I made her go home. She fought to stay but in the end she went home. With all my stuff in the truck there was only really room for one to sleep comfortably. It was nice and cool last night so it wasn't too bad. Thanks for all the support guys.
Old 04-29-2004, 02:31 PM

So did the guys say why they couldn't help you out?
Old 04-29-2004, 02:35 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Mark
Hey man, call me. I'll come get you out. What's a 2 hour drive for a 4Runner buddy.

Sorry to hear you ran into those other dummies and welcome to mother-in-laws. It's fun.
So Mark, Wanna join our club?
Old 04-29-2004, 02:37 PM
Banned

That sucks ... :\ If we go sometime and you see the same people, tell me and I will go kick them all in the shins.
Old 04-29-2004, 02:37 PM
Banned

MARK, you HAVE to join our club!
Old 04-29-2004, 02:39 PM
Banned

I've only done Colorado ... !
Old 04-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Contributing Member

That sounds great!!

Sorry Designsbyme, I did not mean to hijack the thread

we can talk about riding in OK here if you like.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f94/
Old 04-29-2004, 02:59 PM

yea that sux!!! but if anyone get stuck around STL, gimme a call, i'll come get you!!!
Old 04-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Contributing Member

wow, that really sucks. all those jerks deserve to be punched in the face no less than 7 times.

at least it wasn't too much of a fix.
don't forget the tools/spares/buddies next time!
Old 04-29-2004, 03:01 PM

Wheeling alone=unsafe

I know you were not exactly wheeling alone but you can't trust people you dont even know to back you up. Take TOYOTA wheelers out with you and KNOW you have backup. I got lucky a few months back when I got stuck for my 1st time in Blue. I was getting ready to pass a Bronco II that was in a flat area on the side of the dirt road doing donuts. I decided to drop onto the opposite side of the road for some rooster tail action in a pit. Didnt exactly work out the way I planned. I dropped in alright but it was nearly three feet deep and swallowed my 35's. My drivers side tires were trapped in a rit that went for a good 200 yards. I went up & down trying to catch an edge and pop out but no such luck then my tires had caked up in mud. The Bronco II guys parked and came over to help me out. I ended up with a dented fender from someones palm but oh well. Luckily we got out just as the BIG Fords,Chevy's, & Dodges were coming down the road. That would have been hella embarrassing. Just be careful out there and when wheeling at night have lighting available to check out under the hood/chassis. Ben
Old 04-29-2004, 03:01 PM
Contributing Member

Why in the world did her mother say that stuff? Thats ridiculously stupid. Id like to see her get stuck in a similar situation and let her camp her ass somewhere alone in the woods. ˟˟˟˟ like that is uncalled for. Even if she doesnt like you, she should respect her daughter and her daughters feelings for you enough to help you out.

Quick Reply: I got left behind last night…