Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

I am so IMPRESSED!!! WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am so IMPRESSED!!! WOW!

Well,... it's been snowing out here by me for the last 2 days,... there's got to be atlest a foot of snow out there,... I heard we were suppose to get almost 2 feet. Anyways,... I have been driving my truck through all this snow hours at a time for these 2 days out of pure amazement!!! At first,... I had the original tires on the truck from when I bought her,... I had if lucky a .25" of meat lefted on those. I almost didnt make it home from work with those tires,... I lost control of the truck twice even in 4x4. Thankgod I didnt hit anything,... I can thank my ability to drive for that one,... I new I had to get some new tires. So,... I went to Pepboys and had them throw on these cheap azz Futura Adventurer H/T tires on the truck,... they are basically All Terrain tires,... I paid $338 to have those tires put on the truck,... I get into my truck once they were installed,... I thought I would give them a quick go in the parking of the Pepboyz because it hadn't been plowed yet,... so there was about a littel bit more than a half of a foot on the ground,... I basically put it in 4x4 and floored it,... to my surpise,... and truck darted forward as if there wasn't any snow of the ground at all! I was like damn! So I then began to swirve vack and forth to try and get the truck to slide,... the truck would not slide in 4x4,... I slammed the brakes,... I stopped with a sliding distance of a couple of feet,... and,... the tires screeched on the pacement below the snow!!! So after I knew about how much my truck could handle I hit the road,... I have been driving and drving trying to get my truck stuck in the snow,... so far I can't!!! I went to home Depot and bought a good shovel just in case and I havent needed it so far!!! Where I want to truck to go it goes,... when I want the truck to stopp it stops,... I was climbing over snow cover medians that divide up a parking lot,... the plows pushed snow up onto them,.. the snow covered medians had to have been a good tappered height of 3 feet!!! I thought I was surely going to get stuck doing that but I didnt care,... my truck plowed right over it,... the truck itself hit some crazy angles,... atleast to me they were,... I am not use to starring at the ground through my windshield. Anyways,.. this truck friggin rocks and I dont thinkI would wnt to drive anything else!!! My mothers Ford Explorer,... forget it! That truck sucks!!! Oh and by the way,... I never got my lift,... I didnt see myself spending $900 just to lift my truck up by 3" by means a suspension,... so the only thingI am rocking right now is my cheap azz tires!!! LOL. Have fun guyz!
Old 12-06-2003, 12:35 PM
Contributing Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Where are the pictures? Us snowless people want to see them.
Old 12-06-2003, 12:46 PM

Ok,... im im going back out to take some pictures,... hope its nit to dark BRB.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:14 PM
Contributing Member

AAAAAARRRRRRRGH!

Man,I want it to snow here.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:48 PM
Contributing Member

Old 12-06-2003, 02:11 PM

Ahhh,... by time I could get out there it was too dark,... but next time it snows,... I'm going to take some nice pictures.
Old 12-06-2003, 02:16 PM

Nah I'm just joking with you, can't wait to see those pics.
Old 12-06-2003, 03:38 PM

I need a new bumber,... now. I got some pictures though,... not he best because it's dark. I was trying to get my truck up onto one os those huge piles of snow,... no luck. the snow was way to snow. My truck would dive into the pile of snow face first,... hance the need for a new bumper. DOH! It's not that bad,... it's still on the truck in good condition. It's just crack in a couple of places underneath. I need a good metal one but not to heavy. I am going to process the pictures stay tuned,...
Old 12-06-2003, 04:03 PM

Here,... all the pictures sucked this was the clearest one,.. I'm gonna get more,...
Attached Thumbnails I am so IMPRESSED!!! WOW!-trckinsnow.jpg  
Old 12-06-2003, 04:17 PM
Contributing Member

1st Snow!

This is my first snow, too! What a treat. Complete control authority on 6" of fresh snow. Compared to my ex Cherokee it was like riding on a rail. Couldn't make it slip in 4wd. Couldn't really slide much either, even under power.
Now, I didn't put too much foot into it, but the runner was the best behaved vehicle I've driven on my daily 100 mile commute.

Is this typical for a runner? Or was I just being too easy on the gas?
Old 12-06-2003, 04:24 PM

In 4x4,... I couldn't really get her to slip unless I gased the crap out of her and basically drove like a jerk,... other than that flawless runs,... without a doubt.
Old 12-06-2003, 07:05 PM

Originally posted by overKILL
Here,... all the pictures sucked this was the clearest one,.. I'm gonna get more,...
How much snow did you get around your area? I'm glad you're having fun in the snow, I'm still waiting for my first real snowfall.
Old 12-06-2003, 07:36 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Vato Loco
How much snow did you get around your area?
PA/NJ got somewhere around a foot, that seems to be the mean measurement. That's what we got in the Lehigh Valley.

I love my Runner in the snow. I have never been able to get in trouble with it.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:55 PM

Yea,.. we got about a foot maybe more,... lordy,... it's so much fun. I love it when all the roads are abandoned,... it's only you,... you floor it and start racing down the road,... fearlessly. What a great feeling,... its cool because the truck sways a bit as in if I didnt have 4x4 if would turn into a drift but with the 4x4 you kinda just steer,... I love it!My average crusin speep on a snow covered highway road is about 55 - 65. At that speed with about 2"+ under you,... you would think that pushing it,... but its not. I was so comfortable. It's great.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:22 PM

yeah i got the same snow here and my truck is loads of fun!
Enjoy!!!!
no pics- digi cam is coming.