Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

How to kill a neighbor?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to kill a neighbor?!

My wife thought she was doing a good deed for me and had the neighbor kid wash my 4Runner while I was away..........

Well, the kid used a brillo type green pad on my front chrome bumber and now have scratches from hell that dont want to come out.
Ive used rubbing compound, wax, never dull, and even scratch -x. The scratches have faded, but are still there.

Then, while driving in a rain storm, my back window wiper blade fell off and before I realized it the wiper arm cut a nice groove into my glass!

Help, any other suggestions to get these damn scratches out
Old 10-31-2003, 07:18 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: How to kill a neighbor?!

Originally posted by Lifer
My wife thought she was doing a good deed for me and had the neighbor kid wash my 4Runner while I was away..........

Well, the kid used a brillo type green pad on my front chrome bumber and now have scratches from hell that dont want to come out.
Ive used rubbing compound, wax, never dull, and even scratch -x. The scratches have faded, but are still there.

Then, while driving in a rain storm, my back window wiper blade fell off and before I realized it the wiper arm cut a nice groove into my glass!

Help, any other suggestions to get these damn scratches out
Communication bro is the key! I just made sure I had "the conversation" about the 4Runner with the wife. As long as I keep her grocery getter clean and the grass cut, she couldn't care less if I paint the 4Runner fuschia. Don't worry I ain't.

I just nicely told her a long time ago when we had just gotten married, we do not use the word "car wash" and "4Runner", it was a "Taco" then, in the same breath. I explained to her why you didn't want to use a car wash or let someone else wash your car, like those "youth" car washes, oh the horror stories I could tell you about those! Good idea in theory, but I know now why they have hot chicks pose by cars, not wash em. :pat:

Give your wife a nice big hug, some flowers and a kiss and thank her for the thoughtful gesture, cause if she is like my wife I bet she feels bad for trying to be nice and having it backfire, but ask her to think of some other way to be thoughtful next time. I'm sure she'll understand!

Good luck fixin' the damage!

Old 10-31-2003, 07:33 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Re: How to kill a neighbor?!

Originally posted by waskillywabbit

Give your wife a nice big hug, some flowers and a kiss and thank her for the thoughtful gesture, cause if she is like my wife I bet she feels bad for trying to be nice and having it backfire, but ask her to think of some other way to be thoughtful next time. I'm sure she'll understand!

Good luck fixin' the damage!

I agree, my wife would feel the same way..

At least its just your bumper and not the paint.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:41 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Re: How to kill a neighbor?!

Originally posted by waskillywabbit
Give your wife a nice big hug, some flowers and a kiss and thank her for the thoughtful gesture,
...and then smack her really hard and hug her again and tell her you did it because you love her. just kidding. My wife knows not to let anybody touch/drive the runner sepp for me and her PERIOD! I hardly ever wash execpt when I am going to throw on a wax though, it gets tiresome cause I'd have to wash it everyday since my trails are on my way home from work and I basically hit them, oh, 4 days a week so the runner is always dirty.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:45 AM

My wife knows how anal I am about my Runner and knew I would be upsets by her not keeping it clean, so in comes the kid.
The wife claims the kid washed her car before and did a good job, so she trusted him.

Trust me I make the wife feel like s@#t constantly. Every time I see the bumper I just shake my head and start cussing, she gets the message she messed up.

Anyone with any magic polish or techniques for the scratch's?

Reminds me of a joke:

What do you call a wife with 2 black eyes???

Someone who didnt listen the first time!

Last edited by Lifer; 10-31-2003 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:22 AM

About the rear window you probably could get the rear window replaced for free if you have glass coverage. My mothers front windshield got a scartch from exactly the same reason and they replaced it no questions asked.

Sometimes the women try to be helpful. I guess its the thought that counts. Sorry to hear about the scratches.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:27 AM

yea man, you really don't have to be THAT hard on her. Sounds like ur giving her hell. I agree with Brian, she tried to do a good deed, and messed up. Just forget about it, people aren't perfect. And it's the thought that counts
Old 10-31-2003, 10:29 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Sorry

Reminds me of a joke:

Sorry, but that is not funny.

Old 10-31-2003, 10:55 AM

I have to agree. That joke was very tasteless.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:08 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Re: Re: How to kill a neighbor?!

Originally posted by keisur
My wife knows not to let anybody touch/drive the runner sepp for me and her PERIOD!

You let your wife drive your 4Runner?!!!

What are you, crazy?

Old 10-31-2003, 11:08 AM

Originally posted by OneTrickToy
I have to agree. That joke was very tasteless.
Sorry, I apoligize, I guess it was pretty tasteless.

Its not like I'm condoning spousal abuse, it was a joke!

Everybody is getting too politically correct, I only have 1 response to helping solve my issue and 6 talking about the wife!
Old 10-31-2003, 11:23 AM
Contributing Member

Everybody is getting too politically correct, I only have 1 response to helping solve my issue and 6 talking about the wife!
Probably because you are making your wife feel like ˟˟˟˟˟ about it. Its only a bumper!
Old 10-31-2003, 11:39 AM
Contributing Member

Reminds me of a joke:
that's cold dude! and yes I cut and pasted that one in an email and it's gone out to all my buddy's haha.

Originally posted by bobzemuda
You let your wife drive your 4Runner?!!!
What are you, crazy?
Yes, she even wheel's it, and she pretty good at it to. I've had her out there changing the oil when she had her '99 Taco 4x4. She helped me change the breaks last time too.

Originally posted by Toyo_Runner96
yea man, you really don't have to be THAT hard on her. Sounds like ur giving her hell. I agree with Brian, she tried to do a good deed, and messed up. Just forget about it, people aren't perfect. And it's the thought that counts
I'm still laughing because I think he's just talking tough and really isn't treating her like that.

I know first hand about letting her know you're po'd. My username is Keisur for a reason, outta memory of my rat terrier pup that got ahold of some tylenol out of a gym bag my wife left on the floor after one of her races. The poor girl got about 15 times her lethal dose of acetaminaphen and died after 2 days in an oxygen chamber. that was my pup and she was responsible for it. The wife knows it was indirectly her fault and that was enough for me. I don't say too much to her about that incident but I do remind her when you leaves her gear bags on the floor of what could happen. You can look at it like this, it's just the bumper, at least you didn't lose your pup. forgive her and go get yourself a piece.

Last edited by keisur; 10-31-2003 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:50 AM

O.K., seems like I touched a nerve here, so I'm going to have this last response and you can continue to flame away if you want:

#1. Anyone who claims that they wouldnt be upset (at least a little) about the damage is full of it. BTW, its not a trail rig.

#2. Continuing to make the wife feel guilty isnt intentional. Everytime I see and think about the scratches I instinctively get upset, not really at her, but the kid. BTW, I've forgiven them both, so............

#3. This happened over a month ago, so the issues between my wife and I are resolved.

#4. The blackeye thing was a joke , I already apologized.

#5. Half of you are being hypocrites by continuing to make me feel like s#@t by a seemingly harmless post on my part.

#6. I know you can only judge people here by what they post, but rest assured I treat my wife very well and am a decent guy.

#7. Yes, it only is a bumper.

#8. Can someone please give some advice on getting out the scratches?!
Old 10-31-2003, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny joke, I doubt anyone here really took you for hitting her although ease up, karmas a bitch and you could end up rear ending someone and then the scratches are no more of a matter.

Get a new bumper, or paint it.

I would look into this so called Car Wash Kid and Sue him, if he wants to run a business then he should be covered with Insurance
Old 10-31-2003, 11:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you tried Chrome polish, the stuff you polish your dubs with
Old 10-31-2003, 11:57 AM
Contributing Member

See the first sentence in my last post to you, I think everybody knows your not REALLY acting like that, don't worry man. I thought the joke was funny, but then again, I am tasteless,
Old 10-31-2003, 12:36 PM

I would try some of this polish- MAAS It is excellent and will take those green scotchbrite scratches out of the plastic AND chrome in my kitchenand I have used it on door knobs and lots o' stuff. Try it........betcha' it does the trick.
BTW your wife joke. It's not cool but after 14 marrige counseling sessions it is (we are staying together)
Old 10-31-2003, 01:06 PM

Originally posted by EDGE
Funny joke, I doubt anyone here really took you for hitting her although ease up, karmas a bitch and you could end up rear ending someone and then the scratches are no more of a matter.
Exactly!

:pat:
Old 10-31-2003, 01:14 PM
Contributing Member

Lifer, why don't you and waskilly trade bumpers since he wants to remove the chrome from his.

I guess I will refrain from any "sucking the Chrome off a Bumper" Jokes

Quick Reply: How to kill a neighbor?!