Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Help from anyone that has taken out a 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help from anyone that has taken out a 3.0

I am trying to get my 3.0 out of the runner. However, the passenger side motor mount is giving me troubles. I can get one of the two bolts off of where it mounts to the engine. I can get one of the two bolts off of where it mounts to the frame. I cannot get either of the rear two bolts out. I just need one out and it drove me crazy. Never have I cussed at a car more than today. Also, is there an easy way to get to the top tranny bolts? I have heard just use wobble joints and extensions. Is there an access panel under the carpet inside the truck? I ended up cutting my exhaust pipe cause I couldn't get the bolts off. Fun stuff. Anyways, if anyone could help I would appreciate it. Ooh ooh also what have people done with the ecm wiring harness plastic pieces where it goes along the engine by the fuel rails? Mine disintegrated and I am sure I am not the only one this has happened to. Thanks again
Old 11-30-2005, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by lucky3
I am trying to get my 3.0 out of the runner. However, the passenger side motor mount is giving me troubles. I can get one of the two bolts off of where it mounts to the engine. I can get one of the two bolts off of where it mounts to the frame. I cannot get either of the rear two bolts out. I just need one out and it drove me crazy. Never have I cussed at a car more than today. Also, is there an easy way to get to the top tranny bolts? I have heard just use wobble joints and extensions. Is there an access panel under the carpet inside the truck? I ended up cutting my exhaust pipe cause I couldn't get the bolts off. Fun stuff. Anyways, if anyone could help I would appreciate it. Ooh ooh also what have people done with the ecm wiring harness plastic pieces where it goes along the engine by the fuel rails? Mine disintegrated and I am sure I am not the only one this has happened to. Thanks again
What's the problem w/ the motor mount bolts? Just tight or can't get wrenches in there? I've never had a problem.

Re: the tranny, just use a really long extension and wobblies. That's all that's needed. If you still can't get to them, drop the rear of the tranny/tcase a fe inches.And no, there is no "access" panel - it's not needed.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:01 AM

cant really get wrenches on there. i shall work on it again today and see what happens. I have calmed down enough by now Thanks for the info, Robert
Old 12-03-2005, 04:50 PM

After breaking two wobble joints today without making any bolts budge, I decided to just get the tranny bolts off without a wobble joint. It only took me 4 hours to get all the bolts just using a standard wrench. Today was a bad day. I also got the motor mount loosened. Tomorrow I will pull the motor FINALLY!