Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

crank-no start fixed-mmmmm?

Old 09-10-2017, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crank-no start fixed-mmmmm?

If this is a repetition of a post from a few days ago, I apologize but I finally got my wife's Tacoma back on the road! The truck has sat on the garage apron since April 20 when AAA 'flat bedded ' it home. It died driving to work at 1:45 am. I'd work on it sporadically, breaking rusted nuts/bolts, cutting a perfectly GOOD belt to access the alternator and brackets for removal. I replaced the cam and crankshaft position sensors (as suggested) even though they were within specs because I broke the sensors' brittle plastic:-(. Removed the plenum to check the injectors-found less than 1/2 volt at each of the injector harnesses. I thought that was low so I looked for short/s in the wiring harness. No luck. I pulled the ECM and sent it to a shop in Illinois to be diagnosed/fixed if necessary. Got it back with message "no shorts or faults found..." Put the ECM back in truck and the key in the ignition not expecting any change, then VAROOOOOM! The Taco came back to life! WTF?

Before I did any of the above I'd replaced a dead fuel pump and I threw in a new filter too back in April. I really thought that would have fixed it. Well at least I no longer have to use the cars like a truck:-)

Search this Thread