Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Changed bulbs and headlight aiming now off

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 05:29 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changed bulbs and headlight aiming now off

I just changed out my bulbs to vision plus bulbs and noticed that they shine alot higher than my previous bulbs. The vision plus are alot brighter than stock and a good amount brighter than the piaas i used to run, though not nearly as white, which probably does extra to blind other drivers. Right now the bulk of the light shines a bit below the winshield of the car ahead of me but a good amount of light is hitting the winsheild. I've already had people flash their high beams at me a few times, which is kinda funny when I flash back my brighter high beams at them and they realize I wasn't on my high beams, but I really dont want to blind other drivers or get ticketed or soemtihng. Also, more importantly, the light isnt hitting the ground ahead of me so I cant really see the road that well when theres no light. I was trying to reaim the headlights but after a few twists and not much happening I thought I'd post to make sure I wasnt screwing it up more. Anyone else have their aiming off when you changed bulbs? If you did, how much did you have to adjust to fix the aiming? Oh and just to make sure, for third gens, is the lower of the two screws behind the headlights for vertical aiming? I searched before I posted, of course , and I think I remember reading that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong tho. Thanks

edit: oh I also think I remember reading that the vision plus achieves its extra brightness through the shape of its bulb or soemthing?? Is this why the aiming was so off? and if it is, is there any amount of tweaking that can actually fix the aiming?

Last edited by Henryv; 12-24-2003 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-24-2003, 05:31 PM

I am in the same situation as you as well, I just haven't asked even though I've had them for over a year now. Sorry I couldn't answer you question, but hopefully someone will chime in.
Old 12-24-2003, 05:33 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Vato Loco
I am in the same situation as you as well, I just haven't asked even though I've had them for over a year now. Sorry I couldn't answer you question, but hopefully someone will chime in.
Hey Vato, so does this mean that you've been blinding people for a year now??
Old 12-25-2003, 12:56 AM

You can't get ticketed for that. I just put some bright bulbs in my friends Explorer, and he got pulled over twice for it, and all he had to do was demonstrate that his brights weren't on. They let him go. Didn't tell him to change anything, just said 'have a good day.' The second time, the cop actually asked where on lowered rice rockets the bulk of the light hit, and he said the windsheild, and the cop said, 'right on,' with a grin.
Old 12-25-2003, 06:45 AM

Originally posted by Henryv
Hey Vato, so does this mean that you've been blinding people for a year now??
Yep!
Old 12-25-2003, 09:00 AM
Contributing Member

there are adjustment screws to aim the lights, have you tried them?