Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Black Pearl OEM Emblems & other Treasures

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 09:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Black Pearl OEM Emblems & other Treasures

I went to my local bone yard and found some rather interesting items today. My question is I have seen many threads and posts about the "Black Pearl" emblems. Someone on here mentioned that they had been discontinued. Well don't know the truth in that as I didn't ask the Toyota Parts guy yet, but I did find a few gems on my trip.

I had taken some parts from a 2000 SR5 some months ago when I started my Limited project, I originally found this one as a roll over so the doors were all trashed. As such, the Yard had no issue with my taking the door panels, which were leather

Anyway, I never noticed any other parts that are of interest to use 3rd gen first flight owners (96-98) as I was too focused on getting my Limited project moving. Well to make a long story short, I noticed that same ole green busted up 4Runner and started looking at the rear deck lid trim. They seemed awlfully dark ... could this be the rare Black Pearl?? Yeah I got them too. I think this is all the Black Pearl emblems for our trucks as this was an SR5, After getting the emblems I opened up the rear lift gate and moticed all the stuff from the interior of the truck. I started digging around in the back of the rig as this is where the Yard usually puts most of the parts from previous strippings of the interior and engine. I found the right Head Light! Also the center console less the arm rest so if any of you are thinking about the cup holder mod, email/PM me. There is no eBrake or mounting plate (already gone) and this one has rear heat, fan switch & the ash tray.
I even got the grill center 'T'

You guys that are familiar with these will have to tell me if this is all the Black Pearl emblems. Need to play around with these and see how they will look on my 4Runner.

I also something I have been wanting since I got this truck. I got a matching lock set today as well. I have been strugggling with only being able to open my doors with the keyless entry button on my remote for the alarm. Yeah I have a spare battery and a door key stashed on my truck in case I lose the remote or the battery dies. But located a 98 SR5 and got all 3 of the locks and the ignition. It was interesting getting them out. I had to make a speed run to the Dealer to get a key made once I got the passenger door lock out. In case you don't know it, the lock codes are located on the passenger lock. Once you have the key, put it in the ignition, turn to ACC and press in the detent pin on the bottom of the Ignition switch and pull that bad boy right outta there! So next weekend I may try to replace all my locks with the new set. It will be nice having a key to open the doors and turn on the truck!

Anyway ... the quest goes on. Now I have to find a left side head light
Old 03-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
wanna sell that Gate insignia? lol
Old 03-10-2008, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey you live in bremerton, i live here also.
good find. i was thinking about taking my emblems off and painting them black
where is this 00 sr5 you found? i need a couple things myself.
pm if you could please.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:35 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dale, those are the infamous black pearls . Check out the link in my sig for pics of mine.

Were you unable to get the antenna nut?

It's nice that you have a yard close by that stocks Toy parts. The closest yard from me, is about an hour away. They have tons of 4Runners there. Only problem is, they don't let you walk the yard any more b/c they had a problem w/ people taking stuff and not paying for it.

Last edited by Rock Slide; 03-11-2008 at 05:37 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:28 PM

Hah

Originally Posted by Rock Slide
Dale, those are the infamous black pearls . Check out the link in my sig for pics of mine.

It's nice that you have a yard close by that stocks Toy parts. The closest yard from me, is about an hour away. They have tons of 4Runners there. Only problem is, they don't let you walk the yard any more b/c they had a problem w/ people taking stuff and not paying for it.
The closet yard I've found that specializes in Toyotas is 8 hrs from me...
Old 03-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Contributing Member

Trust me, it's not the 1hr distance I'm complaining about, I love having it that close by...it's the fact that they had to prohibit people from walking the yard. People go in, take what they need and then skip out on paying for it. Pisses me off. Now I'm left going there and hoping the 13yr kid behind the counter knows what the heck I need...

It was great to be able to walk the yard before and find exactly what you need + some stuff you forgot you needed.

Last edited by Rock Slide; 03-11-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:51 PM

Rock Slide, where in bama is that yard? I'd like to get an 01-02 grill if they have it
Old 03-11-2008, 02:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Trust me, it's not the 1hr distance I'm complaining about, I love having it that close by...it's the fact that they had to prohibit people from walking the yard. People go in, take what they need and then skip out on paying for it. Pisses me off. Now I'm left going there and hoping the 13yr kid behind the counter knows what the heck I need...

It was great to be able to walk the yard before and find exactly what you need + some stuff you forgot you needed.
maybe we should open a string of "nudist" junk yards, that way there is no where to hide any parts, well, maybe one place. but if you sneak something out in there, you can have it!

there is one junk yard in my area that they still let people walk around in, but it's small and they don't have anything from the 90s on up, especially imports or SUVs. but then, there is a HUGE yard here and they don't let anyone out there, they are real snippy, they are expensive, and they usually only deal with used car dealers. too bad, from the road you can see tons of treasure!

and, NICE FINDS Ritzy!

Last edited by pattycakes77; 03-11-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mason Dixon
Rock Slide, where in bama is that yard? I'd like to get an 01-02 grill if they have it
x2 cept for a hitch and an 96-98 grille to mess around with
Old 03-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Mason Dixon
Originally Posted by Sloan
x2 cept for a hitch and an 96-98 grille to mess around with
Graham's Automotive 205-668-3441. It's in Calera, AL. They have a huge yard and specialize in Toyotas: http://www.grahamsauto.com/.

FYI, they can be pricey on some stuff.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:24 PM

heck yea, i'd have to drive thru clanton to get there, that means i can get me some peaches

might try ebay though if they have really pricey numbers
Old 03-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Contributing Member

Wow thanks for the link brother Rockslide... could prove very useful...
Old 03-11-2008, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Joe's Toy
The closet yard I've found that specializes in Toyotas is 8 hrs from me...
There is a all Japanese place that has the occasional truck or 4runner off of I-15 and craig.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I didn't even realize there was a black pearl antenna nut. I think the fender is still there but never looked to see if the antenna was still installed. Will definitely look to see if it is still there. Thanks Rock
Old 03-12-2008, 12:12 PM

There is an insurance risk having punters wander around a yard.

Here in Nassau, there is only one 3rd Gen on the whole island, and its been picked clean. Some yards don't even have any Toyota's, which they say is the mark of a quality product.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:51 AM

ur lucky

all I can find within 500 miles is a limited with the
front half fire damage. ass end is ok.

sux for me
Old 03-19-2008, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ritzy4Runner
Someone on here mentioned that they had been discontinued. Well don't know the truth in that as I didn't ask the Toyota Parts guy yet, but I did find a few gems on my trip.
That may have been me. Yes, the emblems are discontinued. I am trying to hide my consuming jealousy! j/k

JA has the part number for the antenna nut on his site under accessories.

Toyota part number:
00577-60974
Even though the emblems are all gone, the antenna nuts may still be available through Toyota.

Excellent find, Ritzy! Grab the next set that you come across for me!
Old 03-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Contributing Member

I called my local Toy dealer to confirm that the Black Pearls had been discontinued. The set itself (which contains all the emblems as one part number) has in fact been discontinued.

However, there is some positive news. If you have them look up each individual emblem by part # and not as a set, there are 2 emblems that still show to be available. Those being the front toyota logo emblem (found on the grille) and the other one being the "4WD" emblem found on the rear hatch.

I realize you need 7 emblems total to complete the install, but at least 2 emblems still appear to be available from the dealer.

Guess I'm glad I got mine back in '06 when I did. (Sorry, I had to rub that in. )

Last edited by Rock Slide; 03-20-2008 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
so what happens when some one gets in a wreck and the body shop needs replacements? are they just stuck with gold or chrome now? i'd be PO'd. (not "previous ownered", the other "PO" )
Old 03-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by pattycakes77
so what happens when some one gets in a wreck and the body shop needs replacements? are they just stuck with gold or chrome now? i'd be PO'd. (not "previous ownered", the other "PO" )
I was thinking the same thing...guess you have to swap everything over to silver or gold (yuck).

Guess I'll have to watch over mine a little more closely...I might find them missing one day!

Quick Reply: Black Pearl OEM Emblems & other Treasures