Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

ATTN: ALL OFFROADERS!!! Bureau of Land Management Finds Pipe Bomb on Gate.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 03:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ATTN: ALL OFFROADERS!!! Bureau of Land Management Finds Pipe Bomb on Gate.

IMPORTANT!!! LIFE AND DEATH (YOURS!!!)

Check this thread for more info.

In a nutshell - terrorists (cowards, yet unnamed) have placed a pipe bomb on a gate on some off road trails in Oregon. The bomb was detonated by the bomb squad by spraying it with water. This means if a person would have touched it, there would have been bodily harm and/or death.

If you find anything suspicious like this - DO NOT TOUCH IT!!! Call the authorities!!!
Old 05-14-2004, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt they sprayed it with water.

They most likley used a disrupter round. It is like a shot gun shell that shoots out a water balloon. That distrupts it before it can initiate an explosive reaction.

This is a very good post. Thanks for putting it up.

I do not understand what these enviromental whackos are thinking with this kind of thing. The group I wheel with makes it a point to keep these trails open. They are mostly fire trails used if a fire breaks out. When we find a down tree, we clear it so they can be used in an emergency to keep the whole damn place from burning down.

Gadget
Old 05-14-2004, 04:15 PM

So they've already caught, arrested, convicted and sentenced someone?

And here I thought our justice system was accused of being slow!
Old 05-15-2004, 10:01 AM

pipe bomb on a gate on some off road trails in Oregon Wierd, I thought the map quest looked to show the area in question as a rural area between two streets (country road style).

The bomb was detonated by the bomb squad by spraying it with waterI read that it was the fire dept. that sprayed the water cannon that set off the device that had a mercury type switch within.

This means if a person would have touched it, there would have been bodily harm and/or death.Touched? Or moved the device?

Just trying to understand the facts.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by BigBadBlue
This means if a person would have touched it, there would have been bodily harm and/or death.Touched? Or moved the device?

Just trying to understand the facts.
Touched, moved, licked, nibbled on...does it really matter?
Old 05-15-2004, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Cebby
Nibbled & licked? Yup, that would just plain ol worry me Ceb. Keep up the good work!
Old 05-15-2004, 03:23 PM

I'll see if I can find anything else out about this. I am a bombtech and most bombtechs are from either the military, fire dept., or police department. I have been gone for the last month at Airborne school so I haven't been up on the current news.
Old 05-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cebby
...Or been near it when a strong wind gust moved the gate a little...
Old 05-18-2004, 08:28 AM

Wow, thats crazy. Im sure it was some crazy enviromentalist. Its too bad that they are resorting to this since it could seriously hurt or kill someone, but hey it will also lead to some really bad publicity also for the group that is responsible, so maybe now the rest of the world can see how really crazy these enviromentalist hippies really are, if infact it was them.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:56 PM
Contributing Member

That's crazy, I live in Oregon! It's a sleepy state. Never would have expected that around here but then again I have heard of red necks that hate off 4X4s and dirt bikes and go to some extreme meashures to keep them off thier property. Still really crazy though.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:25 PM
Contributing Member

Environmentalist huh? Mebee you armchair Sherlocks already have his (or her) hair color figgered out, how tall their sister is, and a few other unsubstantiated factoids. A few years back it was shotguns along trails in National Forests, prior to that it was fish hooks dangling at eye level along hiking trails. All Mike is telling ya is that there's been an incident, this is what happened, be careful. And don't go near any grassy knolls in Dallas.

And while you're at it, better watch out for me...I consider myself an environmentalist. However, I, like most good folks, draw a pretty considerable line before harming other folks. Unlike, the drug mules, drug lords, illegal alien coyotes kids out for kicks, and other "evil doers" down here.

Thanks Mike!
Old 05-20-2004, 11:44 AM

I dont think anyone stated that they know it was "enviromentalist", its just that it is the group of people that would more than likely have it out for us four wheeling enthusiast, especially in such a serious manner. But well probably never know for sure

i too am an enviromentalist as im sure most of us out doors lovers are(altough with the things you see some people do and the way they litter it makes it seem like there trying to get trails shut down). Anyway i just thought I would clear that up to not anger anymore people.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:34 AM

Probably the ELF. Those are some crazy bastards.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:46 PM

Oh the ELF isn't so bad.

After all, they tried to pretty up those ugly H2s with a little extra spray-paint.

Old 06-04-2004, 11:41 PM
Contributing Member

ya I like ELF, they got Vail to build a whole new , better ski lodge. and I'm sure the dealerships that lost their hummers like em too, because now they don't have to sell all those trucks the rest of us will by them with higher insurance rates. good job on ˟˟˟˟˟˟ the rest of us out of some more money.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:15 AM
ZUK

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool

I'm waitin' for someone to catch'em in the act......
Old 06-24-2004, 01:29 PM

Whats the ELF?
Old 06-24-2004, 02:08 PM
Contributing Member

they are a bunch of poopy heads with a misguided mission to save the EARTH!!!! Earth Liberation Front..real big heros they must work for the insurance co. for as much money they cost the rest of us.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:58 AM
Contributing Member

ELF, arn't those the hippie retards that got an article in either stuff or maxim? I remember reading about the H2s. Didn't they try to burn down a parkin garage and end up almost burning down an entire neighborhood?
Old 06-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Contributing Member

they get all sorts of "credit" for different fires and acts of raise our insurance rates. I'm not all together sure these idiots have the actual guts to do any of the things they get "credit" for. I was thinking that my dream job would be to poach poachers, but now I think I want to snipe some elves.

Quick Reply: ATTN: ALL OFFROADERS!!! Bureau of Land Management Finds Pipe Bomb on Gate.