Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Any members in the Sarasota, FL area?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 11:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Any members in the Sarasota, FL area?

Just as the question asks, Im wondering if there are any members in the 'sota area that are willing to lend a hand or sit back pointing and laughing as I attemt to rebuild a longblock 3zve.... Then pull my current 3vze and drop this one back in. I still need to source an engine within a week or two and a rebuild kit....

Is there anyone willing to help? Beer and entertainment on me! (damn were can I get a few kegs?)
Old 02-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota
Just as the question asks, Im wondering if there are any members in the 'sota area that are willing to lend a hand or sit back pointing and laughing as I attemt to rebuild a longblock 3zve.... Then pull my current 3vze and drop this one back in. I still need to source an engine within a week or two and a rebuild kit....

Is there anyone willing to help? Beer and entertainment on me! (damn were can I get a few kegs?)
I am not in Florida - but you could ship the beer up here and I will laugh
from a distance. I changed my 3.0L engine last July - I was on vacation
in Charleston. SC - 400 miles from home.
I had to buy the engine hoist and the tools that I did not have with me to do it. Luckily it happened 10 miles from where we were going to stay with family - I spent the week changing it out in their driveway - it was 97 degree's everyday - I bet I lost 15 lbs sweating. I feel for you - oh buddy !
Old 02-05-2005, 05:53 AM

I'm from Sarasota. One of the few places you can get run off the road by an 80 year old woman and her mother. Seriously though, good place to be from. I'm in Jax now, it's a little better just watch out for the Buicks with the knuckles on the steering wheel. I would love to help but don't know when I'll be back down again.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OMG tell me about it!! They are blind as bats and LOVE to pull out in front of me when Im driving the 7000lb chevy and 3000lb trailer and wonder why Im LIVID when I just barely miss hitting them! Then you get the two drag racing old farts at 25mph in a 55mph zone....arrrg

Other than that, and getting hit on at the beach by way older women (happens more than you might think...lol), I like it here...lol

Well nuts, this might be a solo project.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:58 AM

If you decide to have it built. Yow's automotive by the airport on the Bradenton side used to do really great work. He was my neighbor, but I don't think think I could get him to cut you a deal. I haven't been in the area for years. He used to build engines for the off shore gran prix and other onetime use only cigarrette boats. The engines were so high output and ran so hard they couldn't be rebuilt. PLus the boats were usually sunk afterwards. wink, wink. there are a lot of black cigarette boats in the waters around FL.