Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

All 95-00 Tacoma Drivers Read This!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 04:39 PM
pwd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

I was curious if my truck would be eligible, its a 95 Pickup (not Tacoma). I really wanna get some money out of Toyota for the rust problems I have to face, nothing too bad but I hate going under my truck and seeing all that rust.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pwd
I was curious if my truck would be eligible, its a 95 Pickup (not Tacoma). I really wanna get some money out of Toyota for the rust problems I have to face, nothing too bad but I hate going under my truck and seeing all that rust.
yeah i was wondering the same... is this only tacomas? i have a 95 but its not a taco.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 22REFORME
yeah i was wondering the same... is this only tacomas? i have a 95 but its not a taco.
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showpost....6&postcount=39
Old 05-27-2008, 05:50 PM

just got my letter today, I'm going to get it inspected. Hopefully the suspension and body lift won't void this warranty.
99 tacoma
Old 05-31-2008, 01:41 PM

There's a salvge yard that's not far from my house that's a designated crush site and there's taco's all over the hill side,the sad part is that they can't sell one single part off of them,they're crushed as they are.To bad 4runners aren't covered,I just found a big rusted section on the frame (i posted it)
Old 06-16-2008, 02:58 PM

I just received this from Toyota today. This is straight from dealer... check it out:

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/m...nhanceme-1.jpg

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/m...hancement0.jpg
Old 06-16-2008, 03:10 PM

posted twice...sorry 'bout that
Old 06-20-2008, 07:34 PM

Does anyone know if Toyota will let you strip off/swap aftermarket wheels before they take it? I also have a hitch, fender flares, bed cover, and a whole stereo system in my Taco that I would like to keep! Has anyone parted out there truck a little bit before taking it to the dealer? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:44 PM

Yes we have had people take stuff off of their trucks but, there is really no need to with the amount of money they are getting for them. One guy came in with a 99 and 150K and got 16grand for it and bought a new matrix and a new corolla.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:51 PM

I took my tacoma in last thursday for the frame inspection. they found a pretty serious hole on the inside pass. frame rail in front of the rear wheel arch. they told me that it would probably be bought back, because they haven't seen any that were this bad that hasn't gotten bought back. Last fall, i undercoated the whole truck again, and that hole wasn't there. it rusted from the inside out.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Contributing Member

I need to get mine checked out..

when I was home in PA there were atleast two dozen tacomas outside the dealership that had been bought back.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Contributing Member

I took my truck in to Power Toyota in Tempe, Az today. They had NO idea what the recall was and I had to explain the whole thing to them before they even tried to look it up in their computer. It took THREE hours for them to do the inspection.

Anyways, they found a rust hole the size of a half dollar in the frame as well as a little more than surface rust all over the frame. Anybody know if they will buy it back with this kind of damage?

I was told by the dealership that Toyota will be calling me in a few days to let me know what the deal is.

I test drove an '09 xB while i was there and I'm going to get one of those if the truck gets bought back.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some of these frames are in rough shape.

Just this week at work we had a 2WD Taco's frame snap in half
while it was on the lift.

SNAP IN HALF

Seriously get your teuck looked at SOON if this applies to you.

Makes me even more happy I have a fully boxed man's frame lol
Old 07-02-2008, 03:13 AM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 89macrunner
I took my truck in to Power Toyota in Tempe, Az today. They had NO idea what the recall was and I had to explain the whole thing to them before they even tried to look it up in their computer. It took THREE hours for them to do the inspection.

Anyways, they found a rust hole the size of a half dollar in the frame as well as a little more than surface rust all over the frame. Anybody know if they will buy it back with this kind of damage?

I was told by the dealership that Toyota will be calling me in a few days to let me know what the deal is.

I test drove an '09 xB while i was there and I'm going to get one of those if the truck gets bought back.
Yep, its good as gone, any hole in the frame means they will buy it. I'd start looking for a new vehicle.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:09 AM

My 99 Tacoma RIP

Just got my check from toyota! $12180.00 for a standard cab 4wd with 182k miles! Not bad at all
Old 07-06-2008, 03:05 PM
ACH

1997 rusty frame

Just going through the " HOLE " process. there is a write up that is about 34 pages that states they will buy it back for 1.5 times the suggested retail value. So I got my letter in the mail took the truck down and was informed they would buy it back. A bit dissapointed at first but since I paid 7200 for my 97 with 65,000 on it and now it has 107,000 on it and they are going to give me around 12,000 for it I cant complain. Looking into a new 08 or 07 tundra extra cab. Just waiting for toyota to get back to me with the offer.
The guy at the shop said they just crush 'em . They do go over the truck to see what is staying and what is going. Says they will pay ya for it all. I left the cap from an s 10 on it and the cd player fog lights and custom grill, tow packsge. Taking off the wheels and tries that I just paid 600.00 for but maybe I should have left them on. The dealer says that you wouldnt believe how many they crush with new tires.
I'll keep ya posted on the details of the offer
Old 07-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Contributing Member

Power Toyota Tempe has given me a REALLY hard time about this.

I went in on a Tuesday at 3pm and had to explain the ENTIRE recall the the service department. They told me my truck would be finished at 6:00pm. Yes, three hours to find a rust hole in the frame. Anyways, the found a hole about the size of a half dollar in the frame. I didn't have my registration with me so they couldn't finish the paperwork at that time. At this point I asked about a loaner and they said no, I wasn't allowed to have a loaner even though Toyota specifies this in the recall documents. I called back an hour later with my registration info.

For the next two days I left voicemails with the assistant service manager, and service manager of the dealership. Nobody called me back, and none of them every answered their phone. It took untill thursday to talk to someone on the phone. I spoke to the service manager who told me he couldn't submit my paperwork till monday. I tried calling several times on monday and had the same issue as last week. After telling a girl at the desk I had a serious issue, she finally got the service manager on the phone. He said he submited my work to ISG. I have yet to hear anything back from them.

I called and filed a complaint with Corporate today to try and get this resolved. They need a day to research and make everything is going correctly with ISG, and to get me a loaner.

Overall I am really angry about how I've been treated. NEVER go to Power toyota tempe.

IF Toyota does buy back my truck, I am winning big on the numbers game. My truck's kbb value is $12,250. That means ill be getting a check for $18,000 + a cash rebate since im buying another toyota.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:37 PM

Yeah the loaner are susposed to be free for 30 days or until you get your check. And if you buy a new toyota they will throw in $1000 or something of that nature.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Contributing Member

Because of this whole recall thing im getting a check for more like $17,700. They first offered me about $17k even, but when they listed the options that were included they missed a good amount of them. I had to fix the dealership's errors (again) and get the price back up. That dealership makes me more angry everyday.

Toyota won't a arrange for a loaner because im 20 years old. The odd part is that I have a perfect driving record and I work as a valet driving vehicles that cost 10x as much as a camry.

Looks like im getting a 09 Scion xB in the next 2-3 weeks here...

Last edited by 89macrunner; 07-17-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:13 PM

In my state you have to be over 21 for a rental I think. Not sure. Sounds like they gave you a hell of a time, my dealership worked with me on this. It's not like they are loosing anything, Toyota reimburses them for everything, including the cost of the loaner car. When I brought my truck in, took em a little while to inspect it (maybe 45 minutes?). Then they told me another Toyota rep would have to look at it because they weren't sure... but they gave me a brand new doublecab taco to drive around... which I ended up keeping the full 30 days even though I got my check much sooner... and they really didn't care at all.

Quick Reply: All 95-00 Tacoma Drivers Read This!