Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

3rd Gen Lifted Flex Pics! Lots of them!

Old 09-07-2003, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3rd Gen Lifted Flex Pics! Lots of them!

Here's some flex shots:

I can't wait to get this thing out on the trail and test it out in real life with the new lift.

By the way, I'm working on a way to disconnect (actually let it move more) the rear swaybar, because I noticed yesterdya, I couldn't get it to completely stuff the rear wheel.

If anyone wants to see what I put into the lift, go to: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...5&pagenumber=1

It pretty much details out from start to finish what it has taken to make it happen. Lots of pictures and explanation of what I put into it.

Chris

Last edited by ravencr; 09-07-2003 at 06:06 AM.
Old 09-07-2003, 07:42 AM

Sweet pictures! This is my favourite one:

Old 09-07-2003, 08:08 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah thats awesome...if I tried that with my rig I would have been on my side already.

NICE RIDE!

Fink
Old 09-07-2003, 08:57 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Vato Loco
Sweet pictures! This is my favourite one:

ditto. NICE PICS
Old 09-07-2003, 12:46 PM

nice pics. i really need more rear flex... dont have any pics scanned but hopefully i will soon...

im gonna have to measure sometime, i've had my tires up on some pretty high stuff...
Old 09-07-2003, 03:49 PM

Thanks guys,

I'm pretty pleased with the lift, but I'm getting I was getting a popping sound today while doing some mild off-roading. I can't determine if it's in the front or the rear, so I've got to do some investigating.

As far as the measurements, my right rear tire was 26" off the ground before the front tire came off the ground. I was pretty happy with that. It could have kept coming, but the front right tire would have been off the ground. I just don't know how far to push this thing yet.

Thanks for the remarks,

Chris
Old 09-07-2003, 04:17 PM
Contributing Member

You need to spend some more quilty time on my site. Rear sway bar and poping sound are covered.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:21 PM

I'll do it right now, because I can't stand when things are a tad off. It wasn't while flexing though. It was just while hitting bumps at a slow speed that I was hearing the popping sound. The weird thing was that I didn't hear an popping sounds while I was posing for these pictures.

Chris
Old 09-07-2003, 04:25 PM
Contributing Member

OK. I'll be nice.

1. Poping sound is the front body mount, grease it up.

2. Rear sway bar holds NOTHING back, in fact it will bend before it holds anything back. I severly bent 2 of them, I'm on my third currently.

It's all on the site, read away.

Post a pic of the spacer Cornbred sent you, I want to see if he's still making them the same. Wild Bill got some different ones from him a while back.

Post a pic of your strut pack.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:33 PM

I did just read the popping sounds coming from your body mounts, but I find it weird that they all of a sudden started popping as a result of the lift, which are two separate thing. Also, what exactly am I lubing up on the body mounts. Everything? Also, a pic of my spacers both front and rear are on my lift thread. It's got everything over there: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...n&pagenumber=4

As far as the rear swaybar, I'm not into buying multiples of the same part, so I'm going to make an adjustable rear swybar disconnect that will allow for increased flex of the rear swaybar without removing it or totally disconnecting it.

Let me ask you this: If I fully stuff my rear wheel(s), should I hit the outer bumpstop that's not in the spring? I'm not sure, because I have the 2.5" cornfed rear spacers, but I noticed when I had a what appeared to be a full stuff, my spring still wasn't hitting itself or the outer bumpstop.

Chris
Old 09-07-2003, 04:35 PM

Steve,

You know I'm doing the ultimate 3rd gen spacer combo you recommended, but I chose to buy the OME shocks too, so I'm also hitting the spring with the upper ball joint as it's doing on others. Is this that bad of a thing, since it's only at full droop? I don't think that could be the popping either.

Chris
Old 09-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by ravencr
Steve,

You know I'm doing the ultimate 3rd gen spacer combo you recommended, but I chose to buy the OME shocks too, so I'm also hitting the spring with the upper ball joint as it's doing on others. Is this that bad of a thing, since it's only at full droop? I don't think that could be the popping either.

Chris
It's not the poping, the body mount is, post a pic of the droop hit. You know the OME shocks are Prado shocks. May or may not work correclty on a 4Runner, I only ran Bilsteins and RaceRunners. Never OME in the front. I drove Ziad's 4Runner in Colorado and the OME and 881's are way stiffer than the SAW's. Not even close.

You get to determine if they are too long.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:26 PM

Ok, so take off the front (only) body mount and put grease all over it, bolt, nut, spacers, and rubbers?

Why would this arise now?

Chris
Old 09-07-2003, 05:28 PM
Contributing Member

Ok, you asked me a million and one questions now you get one. Did the 1.5" Cornbred spacers come with any rubber rings? Or is the entire 1.5" spacer steel?

I assume you figured out that you need 3/8" longer metric bolts. Not studs at all.

So when are you going to come wheeling aout west so I can spank you silly like I did the rest? Arizona, California, Colorado, you name it, I spank it.

SPANKED !!!
Old 09-07-2003, 05:28 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by ravencr
Ok, so take off the front (only) body mount and put grease all over it, bolt, nut, spacers, and rubbers?

Why would this arise now?

Chris
L
Old 09-07-2003, 05:29 PM
Contributing Member

I
Contributing Member

F
Contributing Member

T
Old 09-07-2003, 05:30 PM
Contributing Member

Is stiffer than stock. Grease it and bown down and worship the KING!
Old 09-07-2003, 05:40 PM

Originally posted by sschaefer3
Ok, you asked me a million and one questions now you get one. Did the 1.5" Cornbred spacers come with any rubber rings? Or is the entire 1.5" spacer steel?
No, just the steel spacer.
I assume you figured out that you need 3/8" longer metric bolts. Not studs at all.
I returned the studs to Revtek! I'm going to be like you and tell you that you should spend some more serious time on my thread labeled "My Lift Has Begun" Just kidding!
So when are you going to come wheeling out west so I can spank you silly like I did the rest? Arizona, California, Colorado, you name it, I spank it.
You da' man! I don't know, but I would love to. I don't know about the spanking, but the 4-wheeling would be fun. I need some skids, sliders and bumper first, and then I'll entertain the idea.

SPANKED !!!
This is the 1 millionth and 1 question, I guess. How does the stiffer suspension equate to a couple front body mounts needing to be greased?

Chris

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 3rd Gen Lifted Flex Pics! Lots of them!