86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

ToyoTech559's 1988 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 08:00 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Anxious to see whatcha got coming, Toyo:... Best wishes on all those plans
Old 11-06-2012, 05:05 AM

Received 303 Likes on 209 Posts
Possibly something like this, but with just shocks?

http://www.4wheelunderground.com/Shock-Mounting.html

I understand the leaf will be in the way, its just an idea..
Old 11-07-2012, 05:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
Anxious to see whatcha got coming, Toyo:... Best wishes on all those plans
me too long. i hope it wont be to complicated lol

Originally Posted by rattlewagon
Possibly something like this, but with just shocks?

http://www.4wheelunderground.com/Shock-Mounting.html

I understand the leaf will be in the way, its just an idea..
i might have to do a lower mount like that and on top it could work if i do the mount on the outside part of the frame between the tire and frame. it be like how nate did his runner
Old 11-13-2012, 06:00 PM

if anyone can help. heres a link to my question

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f165.../#post51999333
Old 11-24-2012, 11:15 AM

a little teaser of what i did for black friday
Old 11-24-2012, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude those lights are sweet!!! Is there a Black Friday discount up there too? Haha
Old 11-24-2012, 12:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Really nice dude. I like it.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by vang_22re
Dude those lights are sweet!!! Is there a Black Friday discount up there too? Haha
there was and no line haha

Originally Posted by Redeth005
Really nice dude. I like it.
yea im torn on what i want to do now. after trying a few rocks i never though of ever trying in the runner. i want to do more. i really want a ARB front locker now but i also should just build my 82 for more hardcore stuff instead. i just love my runner. its just enough to be a challenge and the ride home at 60+ is so smooth

did V-Rock for the 1st time
not sure if you need to log in or not to view
http://www.facebook.com/v/378656598887369
Old 11-24-2012, 05:44 PM

Yea I agree. I'd probably keep the 4Runner as too. And make the already SFA truck the crazy one.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:29 PM

Yea I agree. I'd probably keep the 4Runner as too. And make the already SFA truck the crazy one.
i know i should lol. i have just about all the parts for my 82 if i can just peel myself off this computer and tv to go see about getting some of the work done.

so those that know me, i like to be organized and have a place for everything. during my summer wheeling trip, those with 4runners will know. the rear window will build up with so much dirt it sucks to roll the window down and have it go in the window runs and in the cab. i usually roll down just a little bit to grab my air hose and blow it away but even rolling a tad bit down sucks. i have finally decided to do something about it. ran a remote line to the outside so i can connect any hose i want without ever rolling the window down. will come in hand this winter when it rains/snows. i keep the main hose behind the front seat. it will be mounted to the rear bumper if i ever get one made lol or i can run it to an extra tank or two hehe. enough talk, there the pictures to explain

had to get a 90 degree adapter so i can point the quick disconnect down for a cleaner install and keep my ice chest happy lol

hose poops out the bottom, i had to drill a hole and used a rubber grommet with some toyota FIPG silicone so i dont cut up the hose and keep the water out

ready to plug in any hose i want haha

Last edited by ToyoTech559; 12-03-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:41 PM

Thats a weak install. Put the chuck through the sidewall like a true off roader! haha. You stole my idea and for the exact same reasons. I already have my hose and nozzle and T fitting for my tank just haven't started the project because my blown head gasket has taken precedence. In regards to keeping the Runner the way it is and building up the 82 for hard core stuff. Well, rather like the fact that my Runner can do the hard core stuff and also takes a nice smooth ride home at 70+(or it used to haha)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
Old 12-04-2012, 05:58 AM

Thatsva pretty cool mod you're gonna have. I only have the cheap $30-40 air compressor for my truck. I think that's perfect to have for off roading trips. Especially if youre gonna be pressuring down and up. That's cool. Also your new idea for the rear window is awesome. So much dirt gets caked up on mine too that at times it makes it kind of difficult to see through. Nice idea. Curious to see now it looks once it's done .

Last edited by Redeth005; 12-04-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:36 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by ToyoTech559
... i like to be organized and have a place for everything.....
I know exactly what you mean! my fiance says I'm OCD.... Cool mod though!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by THEMAN
Thats a weak install. Put the chuck through the sidewall like a true off roader! haha. You stole my idea and for the exact same reasons. I already have my hose and nozzle and T fitting for my tank just haven't started the project because my blown head gasket has taken precedence. In regards to keeping the Runner the way it is and building up the 82 for hard core stuff. Well, rather like the fact that my Runner can do the hard core stuff and also takes a nice smooth ride home at 70+(or it used to haha)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
How am I stealing your idea. You seen me use air to clean my rear window a few times. You air system is already mounted on the ouyside so all your connections already outside the cab. Mine had always been in the cab protected from water and dirt. I just added a remote line from inside to out which I wanted to do last winter but didn't want to drill a hole in the body till now

Thatsva pretty cool mod you're gonna have. I only have the cheap $30-40 air compressor for my truck. I think that's perfect to have for off boarding trips. Especially if youre gonna be pressuring down and up. That's cool. Also your new idea for the rear window is awesome. So much dirt gets caked up on mine too that at times it makes it kind of difficult to see through. Nice idea. Curious to see now it looks once it's done .
Yea I air down every trip

Originally Posted by Grego92
I know exactly what you mean! my fiance says I'm OCD.... Cool mod though!
Haha didn't want to use te OCD word
Old 12-04-2012, 11:18 AM

do anyone know a website to get brand new bucket seats that will bolt right into the holes ? im tryint to find some bucket seats for my 87 and im trying to avoid making brackets ... wanting some seats to fit right in .......thanks
Old 12-05-2012, 01:22 AM

[quote=ToyoTech559;52008297]How am I stealing your idea. You seen me use air to clean my rear window a few times. You air system is already mounted on the ouyside so all your connections already outside the cab. Mine had always been in the cab protected from water and dirt. I just added a remote line from inside to out which I wanted to do last winter but didn't want to drill a hole in the body till now
You stole it because I remember you asking me to blow your back window down before opening it at our last run. And that when I got the idea to mount a line back there. So see you stole my idea.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...lies/laugh.gif
Old 12-05-2012, 06:20 AM

You stole it because I remember you asking me to blow your back window down before opening it at our last run. And that when I got the idea to mount a line back there. So see you stole my idea.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...lies/laugh.gif
Hm I don't remember. It's an idea you can't use anyways lol. You system is already on the outside so all you connections naturally are on the outside lol. You may have said it 1st but I thought of it when I hard wired my compressor a while back when I ran the wire down that same area lol.

Anyways you gonna get that head gasket fixed by the 15. Hope your not buying crawler cams and what not. Leave it stock leave it reliable IMO
Old 12-05-2012, 09:25 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Nanee nanee, neener neener! hahahaa... JK... none of my biz, lol.

HOW'S IT GOING, TOYO??? Hope all is well... I have a feeling you're gonna surprise us with the old 'Chebby' Swap out of nowhere, eh?

Hope "Blanca" is fine, too hehe.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by ToyoTech559
Hm I don't remember. It's an idea you can't use anyways lol. You system is already on the outside so all you connections naturally are on the outside lol. You may have said it 1st but I thought of it when I hard wired my compressor a while back when I ran the wire down that same area lol.

Anyways you gonna get that head gasket fixed by the 15. Hope your not buying crawler cams and what not. Leave it stock leave it reliable IMO
YEAH? Well hard wiring the compressor was my idea remember the jumper cables? haha so neener neener neener. And yes I was thinking of getting a cam flat top pistons ect to beef up the motor but have not done enough research on how to beef up a 22re. So, I'm just having the gasket repaired for now and will continue to look up info on suping up the 22re. Although I do wrestle with the thought of just boring it out .020 over and leaving it stock as the stock engine did get 275,000+miles before blowing the gasket. It might be done by next friday but we will see.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
Nanee nanee, neener neener! hahahaa... JK... none of my biz, lol.

HOW'S IT GOING, TOYO??? Hope all is well... I have a feeling you're gonna surprise us with the old 'Chebby' Swap out of nowhere, eh?

Hope "Blanca" is fine, too hehe.
yea the 63 maybe on hold. might start a rear bumper built and maybe have that same guy help me get the 63s installed hehe

YEAH? Well hard wiring the compressor was my idea remember the jumper cables? haha so neener neener neener. And yes I was thinking of getting a cam flat top pistons ect to beef up the motor but have not done enough research on how to beef up a 22re. So, I'm just having the gasket repaired for now and will continue to look up info on suping up the 22re. Although I do wrestle with the thought of just boring it out .020 over and leaving it stock as the stock engine did get 275,000+miles before blowing the gasket. It might be done by next friday but we will see.
dont spend to much money fixing it up for power, imo your always gonna be chasing for more power and never getting it. i would just do the bare min and get it running. wait till the right time and swap in a better power powerfully engine *which i know is what you really want*

Quick Reply: ToyoTech559's 1988 4Runner Build-Up Thread