86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

ToyoTech559's 1988 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 08:07 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
DANG! So sorry you got hurt, ..in the face to boot!

x2 on the quick healing, Toyo.

x2 on the liking of the Cupholder mod... Very cool. What is that out of?
Old 08-02-2012, 09:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rustEDyota83
Ouch!!! That looks like it hurt! Hope ya heal up quick! I like the cupholder mod!
the shot in my arm hurt the most. still sore. oh the shots near the eye too for the numbness was painful before they performed the operation.

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
DANG! So sorry you got hurt, ..in the face to boot!

x2 on the quick healing, Toyo.

x2 on the liking of the Cupholder mod... Very cool. What is that out of?
yea its all good. i just need to keep it clean and covered up. will see how it heals and scars lol
the cupholder is a wedge type for in between the seats. i got them at o'reilly for 6-7 each. i had them back to back and was only charged for one but i had to say something lol. still not a bad price for cup holders!!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:54 AM

Received 303 Likes on 209 Posts
Ouch dude! Lucky it didnt get your eye...
Old 08-03-2012, 06:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn Bro that sucks. Hope you heal up and feel better soon. Good thing is your eye wasn't hurt. Well look on the bright side, at least now your have a tough guy look to you like the bad guys in the action movies. Lol jk don't laugh too hard don't wanna open up a stitch.

Oh man, sorry, I got a sick sense of humor. Hey, if u don't mind me asking, what exactly were u doing at work when this accident happened?

Last edited by Redeth005; 08-03-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danggg!! That sucks. Just a good thing its not your eyes.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:15 AM

Ouch, that sucks, hope it heals fast too.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:12 AM
RBX

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
That plain sucks about your injury, but it could have been worse.
Nice cup holders I rocked those for a few months before I made my 3" PVC ones I have now.
Heal up and get back to work.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 4Runner is looking good. Hope your wounds heal up quickly.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:27 AM

O'reilly, eh? NEVER have seen those there... That's a great idea.....I'ma'Gon'haffa'steal'it son.... haha. Actually, at Pep Boys, I got one of those plastic 2 cup with adjustable cup size thingy's, cupholders with a CD or DVD tray.... And you can slip this thing in the CD tray and make it like a lil padded slot. Also an MP3 or iPhone slot, w/hole in the bottom for putting the wire through for charging/streaming? It's great, for me, cuz there's USUALLY just me on road trips anymore(kids grown and gone, single, etc.)... So I just slap it in the passenger seat, usually atop my laptop case, laid down, ya know? I also saw a Cabellas FRONT OF PASSENGER SEAT case that was BA! It had tons of water proof pockets, phone/ipod slot, etc., etc., ... but the cool part were this insulated cup holder thing. having everything in your passenger seat that you need.... SECURED... pretty cool idea, ya know? I'm going to turn around my SEAT BACK-Pocket, today, just to see if it's useful! hahaha. Kinda leaning toward, "Hey, that's like having a purse, DUDE" feeling... but hey, it's worth a shot~! haha.

Again, sorry bout the face, man!!!!
Old 08-03-2012, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by rattlewagon
Ouch dude! Lucky it didnt get your eye...
i know. there is a light scratch right below my eye. i am glad it didnt take my eye out

Originally Posted by Redeth005
Damn Bro that sucks. Hope you heal up and feel better soon. Good thing is your eye wasn't hurt. Well look on the bright side, at least now your have a tough guy look to you like the bad guys in the action movies. Lol jk don't laugh too hard don't wanna open up a stitch.

Oh man, sorry, I got a sick sense of humor. Hey, if u don't mind me asking, what exactly were u doing at work when this accident happened?
sucked cuz i missed an entire day at work other than that im all good lol. i was working on a metal seat frame with sharp edges, they are not cleaned up or smooth. its spring loaded to fold flat and i accidently hit the release for it and it sprung closed on me, kinda like a mouse trap with sharp edges. it closed so fast it just nailed me. i got up and had to sit back down. felt light headed and wanted to pass out. it knocked me pretty hard

Originally Posted by vang_22re
Danggg!! That sucks. Just a good thing its not your eyes.
i know, it would suck if it was my eye. dont know what i would have done

Originally Posted by cr@ves4wheelin
Ouch, that sucks, hope it heals fast too.
me too cuz its so much work to take a shower lol. even sleep cuz i wanna roll over and the gf will roll me back in the middle of the night

Originally Posted by RBX
That plain sucks about your injury, but it could have been worse.
Nice cup holders I rocked those for a few months before I made my 3" PVC ones I have now.
Heal up and get back to work.
could have been really bad i have see the PVC version. i was gonna do it but this was much faster and i like having the extra pockets for stuff lol

Originally Posted by malteserunner
The 4Runner is looking good. Hope your wounds heal up quickly.
thank you, got to tell me what your gonna get next lol. oh didnt you have an arb front? if so i want !! lol it bleeds now and than so it will be a slow recovery.

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
O'reilly, eh? NEVER have seen those there... That's a great idea.....I'ma'Gon'haffa'steal'it son.... haha. Actually, at Pep Boys, I got one of those plastic 2 cup with adjustable cup size thingy's, cupholders with a CD or DVD tray.... And you can slip this thing in the CD tray and make it like a lil padded slot. Also an MP3 or iPhone slot, w/hole in the bottom for putting the wire through for charging/streaming? It's great, for me, cuz there's USUALLY just me on road trips anymore(kids grown and gone, single, etc.)... So I just slap it in the passenger seat, usually atop my laptop case, laid down, ya know? I also saw a Cabellas FRONT OF PASSENGER SEAT case that was BA! It had tons of water proof pockets, phone/ipod slot, etc., etc., ... but the cool part were this insulated cup holder thing. having everything in your passenger seat that you need.... SECURED... pretty cool idea, ya know? I'm going to turn around my SEAT BACK-Pocket, today, just to see if it's useful! hahaha. Kinda leaning toward, "Hey, that's like having a purse, DUDE" feeling... but hey, it's worth a shot~! haha.

Again, sorry bout the face, man!!!!
it is nice to have certain things with in arms reach. im trying to to clutter to much stuff around me cuz than its just distracting and looks like a mobile office like some expo rigs i have seen.

hey chicks dig scars right??
Old 08-03-2012, 07:07 PM

gonna drop by work tomorrow and get this bad boy installed and while im at it the axle shims to angle my pinon down. yup down not up lol. got a little drivetrain vibe and hope this will fix it. 5 degree shim is what i am using

hammer on black for rust

a nice bright red so i can see if if i nail any rocks. plus its RED
Old 08-04-2012, 07:29 PM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
That shiner is a good one! Nice runner, don't know why I haven't seen this thread before but I like your style.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by PismoJoe
That shiner is a good one! Nice runner, don't know why I haven't seen this thread before but I like your style.
yea it is haha. thank you, its not like yours, i cant jump mine. well not yet unless i build it more for it. i do to many other stuff to make it handle huge jumps on the dunes.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:57 PM

its been a while since i had this problem, where the driveshaft makes alot of noise/vibrate on decel or part throttle at certain mph only
with help from 4crawler, he told me that my pinon angle was pointed to far up. since i have single u joints on each end of my driveshaft, each end angle must match, or be very close. so with his help, i order some 5 degree axle shim to bring the angle down a bit. got it all done today at work and it still does it. i put it back up in the air and threw it in drive and can see the driveshaft start to make noise and vibrate pretty bad at speeds. i have a double cardon driveshaft but the bolt pattern is wrong, im gonna try to make it work.
here some pictures of the work. i also installed the elocker skid
freed the rear axle and zuk mod springs

removed center bolt/nut

used the u bolts to keep the top plate and bottom shim from moving when tighten

installed shim

need to cut of extra threads. next pix shows why

make sure the top bump fix so i can continue to use the ZUK MOD

all done

exposed unit

protected unit

just need my ice chest and im ready to go wheeling and fishing
Old 08-04-2012, 10:20 PM

Great work, Toyo! And LOVE seeing the back of em filled with 'LET'S HAVE SOME FUN' goodies! haha... SO HAVE FUN!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:39 PM

some pictures from the trip. i should have more once they are uploaded from other peoples cameras

got even more up travel with the low profile bumps

all crossed up

love how high up the tire comes up

front tire almost higher than the rear

can see the spring isnt even full compressed but the leaf is inverted a little

my dog right in the middle of the trail

found a few spots on the way up to play around

few more poser shots.

i like the two rigs to the side in this one

humping rocks

bracket lift on 35s, open diffs

sweet rigs

i love this picture and i tried for a similar picture later down the trail

"THEMAN"

ran into a jeep

i need this much lift lol

"THEMAN" wanted a smaller fuel tank lol

FINALLY, the last 100 feet to this lake was the hardest and we didnt have to do it but would have to walk the rest of the way with our gear. "THEMAN" has pictures of this area. i wasnt gonna try it but last second i did lol did a few damage going in and back out

we owned this spot by the water cuz no other rig there could make it down

last time i saw "THEMAN" dry lol he flipped not too long later

my 1st time on one of these things and it was pretty fun. i forgot my fishing pole at the shore which i did come back for and didnt catch any fishes but the other guys did

this thing was so fun but i was scared to tip over

guess this means i need a bumper sooner than later. more pictures to come, maybe some videos too
Old 08-06-2012, 07:01 PM
RBX

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Very cool, I got to get my rig out west.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Love the adventure shots!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:27 PM

WOW, great pics, Toyo! And btw, .... since I didn't SEE you mentioning it.. I thought I would, ..................

LOOK at what a GREAT thing it was that you 'HAD THAT BUMPER MODIFIED!!! hahaha.... >>>>

front tire almost higher than the rear

Beautiful spot...... Bunch of cool rigs.... LOVE THE BLUE ONE!

Just brought the Pup, Toyo?

Who all went?

Sorry, just curious who all of them are.... Saw the kido's there runnin round having a blast!

Thanks for sharing, Sir!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:28 PM

OOOH,

PS> Is that damage on the pass door from this trip? I never noticed it.... (Sorry for bringing it up if it's still a sore subject haha.

Quick Reply: ToyoTech559's 1988 4Runner Build-Up Thread