86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Mudd Duck 1's '87 4runner Bulid

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys, it’s coming along slowly. Im fortunate to have quite a bit of public land out my back door where we can explore.

I only felt like typing so much last night. Weekend before last I pulled the engine, flipped her over and pulled the pan. Bottom end noise was #2 rod bearing. All other bearings were showing wear as well. I’m really not sure of the miles on the engine. Dash reads under 200,000 but it’s unknown as to wether or not this engine is the original or if those miles are true. The crank was actually in good shape so I rolled in new bearings and checked with plastigage. All clearances were acceptable to me. I removed what was left of the timing chain guides from the pan and tore the front end down. Installed my timing chain and rear main.

Planned on getting it running last weekend but opted to have the frame straightened first.

A friend at a local body shop got it on the rack Monday and I’m very happy with the results. I should be able to get the alignment dialed no problem. Engine will be going back in bright and early tomorrow.

Last edited by Mudd Duck 1; 02-11-2018 at 01:03 PM.