86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

kornhusker wizards 89 4runner build thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 06:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gizler00
That stinks, We will just have to find another place for ya. If your anything like me, Ill end up spending the money on something else. So ill look for more places. haha
Im thinkin Rx injector? Im sick of waitin around with the injectors, im sendin them somewhere by saturday. If i dont i will spend the money elsewhere.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:30 PM

Are new injectors more costly then having them cleaned. I've not went through this so just curious.

Nice job on the build. Took awhile to read through all the post on my phone but good job I will stay tuned.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:38 PM

Thanks! No im just having them cleaned and tested, not replaced. Hopefully there salvageable cause my fuel system was in bad shape due to sitting so long with rotten fuel in everything
Old 04-24-2013, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by kornhuskerwizard
Thanks! No im just having them cleaned and tested, not replaced. Hopefully there salvageable cause my fuel system was in bad shape due to sitting so long with rotten fuel in everything
Same here. I had to make my own fuel pump hanger and tap into fuel lines. Thank god only my hanger, lines, and pump were bad. Tank looked pretty clean.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:52 PM

Yea my tanks kinda rusty so im workin on etching and sealing it
Old 04-25-2013, 08:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Im thinkin Rx injector? Im sick of waitin around with the injectors, im sendin them somewhere by saturday. If i dont i will spend the money elsewhere.
I heard they are pretty good also. I hear you on the cash. I will always find something else I think I cant live without. hahahaa
Old 04-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Just getting caught up on your thread. On the Allen head bolt, the first time, I always use vise grips and the Allen wrench at the same time and it is still good and reusable each time. Just got to keep a steady pressure on both the vise grip and the wrench.

I wasnt to thrilled with my red interior or it was actually pink when I got it from being so faded. But after using red interior paint on it and getting it to look new again, I really like it now. Guess it grew on me.lol

There are several products you can use to clean the tank. I personally just use white vinegar and let it soak a few days. It will clean it up nicely. If you want some more information on it, it is on the first page of my 88 Runner build. If I can ever get my 85 truck bed off, I will show how I plan on cleaning it up as well as I am sure it is gunked up to. That is one of the advantages of living in the mid west and the humidity and what it does to these tanks.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:26 PM

Terry we can get that bed off, i like the white vinegar trick. im gonna try it
Old 04-25-2013, 07:48 PM

Learn something new everyday. Never would have guessed to use vinegar.

X2 on getting the bed off. I'll lend a hand.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to show some support to your build up thread since your showing support on mine, nice Runner.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by FinishThaGame
Just wanted to show some support to your build up thread since your showing support on mine, nice Runner.
Much appreciated! Keep up the good work! I havent got much accomplished lately so im kinda slackin!!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:05 AM

Awesome build Husker! I am looking forward to see how she runs.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by kbe151
Awesome build Husker! I am looking forward to see how she runs.
Thanks kbe151. WOW! West banjo land GA?? Thats gotta be the coolest name for a town ive ever heard!!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:30 AM

Thanks kbe151. WOW! West banjo land GA?? Thats gotta be the coolest name for a town ive ever heard!!
AKA Dallas, GA.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:43 AM

You gonna start a build thread on your 86 runner?? Lots of good people and info here! Welcome!!

So im sending my injectors to Rx. Shipping instructions say i have to individually put each injector in a separate bag to keep fuel smell out of parcel. I really wanted to go with witchunter but im not waiting til the end of May. The weathers getting nicer and im ready to shed some sunshine on this ol girl shes been in the cave hibernating for along time. I envy people on this website that stick to there projects and get them completed on a schedule. Its tough sometimes doing this work by yourself on a budget. Its quite an accomplishment and good feeling when you turn something from junk in a feild to something that you will see flying down the road again. Id rather tool around in a relic legend than some new warrantied plastic peice of $hi! any day of the week!!

By the way im sitting in front of my new 55" led smart tv right now watching man vs wild!! Totally impressive, thats a hell of compliment coming from a guy thats not so fond of technology.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:21 AM

Yeah, I am in the process of fixin her up after work everyday. I am waiting for some parts to come in, (corner lights and tail lights and headlight adjustment screws). The kid that had this before me ran into everything under the sun. She is a runner though. Just not a lot of power right now.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:00 AM

You gonna start a build thread on your 86 runner?? Lots of good people and info here! Welcome!!

So im sending my injectors to Rx. Shipping instructions say i have to individually put each injector in a separate bag to keep fuel smell out of parcel. I really wanted to go with witchunter but im not waiting til the end of May. The weathers getting nicer and im ready to shed some sunshine on this ol girl shes been in the cave hibernating for along time. I envy people on this website that stick to there projects and get them completed on a schedule. Its tough sometimes doing this work by yourself on a budget. Its quite an accomplishment and good feeling when you turn something from junk in a feild to something that you will see flying down the road again. Id rather tool around in a relic legend than some new warrantied plastic peice of $hi! any day of the week!!

By the way im sitting in front of my new 55" led smart tv right now watching man vs wild!! Totally impressive, thats a hell of compliment coming from a guy thats not so fond of technology.
I hear you man. It's hard finding the time with a family, work, etc... But definitely worth it even more when the projects done. I can't wait to see it up and running.

What kind of turn around time do they have on the injectors?

That tv sounds kick a$$. I thought my 42" LCD was big and awesome in 2007. Then saw my buddies 60" in his living room. Mine now mine may as well be a 13" black and white. Haha.

Let me know when you want tie radiator. Could probably Di something next weekend.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:27 AM

24 to 48hr turnaround time on the injectors Mark. They are ohm tested first to see if theyre cleanable, which they are ive tested resistance. Then they run them and ultrasonic clean them blah blah blah...
Old 04-28-2013, 05:32 AM

24 to 48hr turnaround time on the injectors Mark. They are ohm tested first to see if theyre cleanable, which they are ive tested resistance. Then they run them and ultrasonic clean them blah blah blah...
That's a quick turn around. I sometimes want to send mine out as I know they are super crusty. But I might just wait till I'm putting the new engine in.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:47 AM

awesome day out today!! Sun is shining and gonna warm up!! What do you have to finish on your engine Mark?

Quick Reply: kornhusker wizards 89 4runner build thread