86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Ironmaidn23's 1989 yota 4runner build thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 02:08 PM

Location: HUNTERSVILLE/CHARLOTTE/LINCOLNTON, GOOD OL NORTH CAROLINA!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok soo ive done some things to the 4runner since i havent been on tell me what you guys think, and i highly suggest getting a permenet dash cap if your dash is cracked enjoy!

.i got the new black dash pad installed, you sand the orginal dash down and sand the bottem of the dash cap down and apply silicon all over the place and put wieghts on top of the dash cap once you put it on and there you have it., except dont put to much wieght on it becuase i CRACKED my WINDOW!!

. i used VHT NITESHADES spray to tint the outside corner lights at night you can see the corner lights perfectly as normal but during the day you can see blacked out lights! i also VHT NITESHADE painted the interior door lights (the lights that come on when you oopen the door) black during anytime but when they come on you see the light perfectly.

.next i spray painted the whole underside of the car black, and i coated all fender wells with spray on bed liner it looks perfect. just for extra protection. i painted the skid plate black it was rough before.

. next i did some interior decorating and sprayed certain things in the car include door hinge trim, door trims, trunck trim, and some other parts in the pictures. with a legit interior black paint. for this kind of stuf it all looks factory!!

Last edited by ironmaidn23; 05-04-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:12 PM

Cool

Hey guys I got some big new tires I got Cooper AT3 all terrain off-road tires the look sick I also upgraded the headlights to a eBay h4 black projector headlight housing I got the hide but they sent me the wrong bulbs all get them in soon. I also blacked pity the factory twilight's and got rid on the chrome ones lol anyone want to buy them pm me h.
eres pics
BeFORE:
10716_131306.jpg[/IMG]

After:

Old 07-17-2011, 12:17 PM

Cool

Hey guys I got some big new tires I got Cooper AT3 all terrain off-road tires the look sick I also upgraded the headlights to a eBay h4 black projector headlight housing I got the hide but they sent me the wrong bulbs all get them in soon. I also blacked pity the factory twilight's and got rid on the chrome ones lol anyone want to buy them pm me h.
eres pics
BeFORE:

After:

Oi

Last edited by ironmaidn23; 07-17-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:29 PM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
I think you're entirely too focused on the "clean" factor. I personally think you should've left the wind shield wipers, the mirrors and the top black. Toss that exhaust tip too. for 70 bucks you could've bought a single tip and a jones flowmaster knock off. and honestly? the tail lights look better tinted, but its illegal and hazardous. Also, a 1,000 dollar paint job is cool and what not. but every father should know that their son's first car is gonna get beat on. I would've waited for some sort of insurance settlement for when you slam into something, or when someone slams into the back of you with those tinted tail lights. and dont bother wheeling that thing. I would hate to hear back that your father beat your ass and grounded you from his vehicle

But to each his own.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:48 PM

Mak92 wow tell your dad you need a hug, man being that jealous has to hurt deep inside. You wanna feel more pain check out my daughters mustang on mustangs.com I spent a lot more than a 1000 dollars and its all hers.
Maiden its lookin good man, R.I.P. dimebag
Old 07-17-2011, 01:00 PM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by jason in tn
Mak92 wow tell your dad you need a hug, man being that jealous has to hurt deep inside. You wanna feel more pain check out my daughters mustang on mustangs.com I spent a lot more than a 1000 dollars and its all hers.
jealous? not one bit. maybe you should get the correct conception next time before you decide to open up that piehole again. Funny that you're wanting me to check out the mustang and you didn't even link the thread to me. regardless, no pain will be felt. you wanna blow money on your daughters ride, by all means. do what you will. anyways, I'll be patiently waiting to check out your baby girl and her "ride"...

Last edited by DeathCougar; 08-11-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by jason in tn
Hahaha thanks man i agree even my dad was gonna put 1000 in the gmc before i traded it for this to run perfectly thats the only way i got the paint job haha.. though everything in car is in my name and everything on the car i paid for and put on by my self except the paint job I want to be a mechanic so when the dude says its my daddys car its stupid people look at this car and say you did this?? I'm like yess siirr haha well thanks I've been watching your build thread to nice!
Old 07-17-2011, 01:06 PM

Btw I play guitar and dimebags my hero RIP

Last edited by ironmaidn23; 07-17-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:49 AM

You runner looks awsome man! Pay no attention to the nay sayers, theres nothing wrong with a "clean" runner. Most out there are all beat to hell, i wanna be one of the clean owners!

Last edited by streetlancer; 07-30-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:56 PM

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts
I see why you don't post much. Someone always has something nasty to say. Your truck is incredibly clean. Those are really good tires. I was wondering about your seatcovers. Did you get them off eBay from a seller called "igee seatcovers" or something like that? What is the fabric like? I DON'T want Wet Okoles because neophrene is HOT. That seller has the only other covers that will fold and tumble with the back seat. I know he's got other colors.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
I like the restore/clean factor. Gotta ways to go to catch up with you. Looking good. I just got doing some interior panels on mine. If you got some more to do, try going Orielly or another store and they can mix up factory interior paints.

You have gotten quite a bit done on your truck. Great job.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Nervo19
I see why you don't post much. Someone always has something nasty to say. Your truck is incredibly clean. Those are really good tires. I was wondering about your seatcovers. Did you get them off eBay from a seller called "igee seatcovers" or something like that? What is the fabric like? I DON'T want Wet Okoles because neophrene is HOT. That seller has the only other covers that will fold and tumble with the back seat. I know he's got other colors.
Haha I've been trying to post more hear I posted alot on the 4runner forum yea I got the seat covers off eBayi don't remember the seller but they are great and are fake leather vertical durable I get in after being in the pool holds up fine and us there are alot of a holes in this word
Old 07-23-2011, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Terrys87
I like the restore/clean factor. Gotta ways to go to catch up with you. Looking good. I just got doing some interior panels on mine. If you got some more to do, try going Orielly or another store and they can mix up factory interior paints.

You have gotten quite a bit done on your truck. Great job.
Haha thanks I like it clean. I've gotten alot done your right more than what I thought I could do lol
Old 07-23-2011, 08:05 PM

Here are the pics 35% on passenger and driver 5% limo all the way back I had to go to the hood to get it tinted and 2 days later someone got shot exactly where I picked up a powerade and died!! Anyway,,

Old 07-23-2011, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
like the tint i wanna do mine to kkep it cool when camping
Old 07-23-2011, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by twistedyota
like the tint i wanna do mine to kkep it cool when camping
It's sooooooo much cooler everytime I get in the car and it helps in the summer time!
Old 07-23-2011, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by ironmaidn23
It's sooooooo much cooler everytime I get in the car and it helps in the summer time!
i bet.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
I will be looking into tint one day just to help keep the heat out of the cab. I like "I did it myself". You will have greater satisfaction over buying one. It keeps looking better.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:17 AM

I wish my paint were that clean
Old 07-25-2011, 09:47 AM

Truck looks clean. Nice rig.I am not a fan of many things you did.... But, it is what you want... and that is what matters. one word of advice... if your gonna keep that giant ugly muffler... at least direct it where it should be. send it out the left side right behind your rear tire. you won't get exhaust in you back window. Also, if you EVER offroad that thing your muffler will get destroyed and ripped off right away. move that lump o metal. don't wana see ya come on here with a "missing muffler" thread. And personally i think it looks ALOT worse coming out the back than the side...

Your truck is clean kid. Keep restoring that thing until it looks MINT how YOU want it.

Another thing... before you even THINK about what suspension mods you wana do... Read up on it. You havn't the slightest idea (judging by your posts) on what entails a good suspension. No need to waste a ton of money on a crappy azz suspension setup.

Also, If i were you... I would get the smoked plastic headlight/turn signal covers. having a stock headlight and a blacked out turn signal just looks dumb IMO. But, having the little cover might make it look ALOT better and give it some newer styling. I kind of like the rear lights... but they are WAAy to dark for safety... if you are gonna do that... You might wana fit some LED plate in the back lights... They will be ALOT bighter and more capable of shining thru then stock bulbs. just a thought... And something to make your truck safer, and LED tail lights are just badazz! We used to do it to streetbikes and it turnd out really good. much safer too.

As for the video of you showing us your intake and revving the motor... It sounds like crap... anyone else notice the stumbling kind of sound and the throttle delays and crap? that thing just doesnt sound right? throttle doesnt seem very responsive... take another video if you disagree with what i am saying... cuz from what i hear in that video... is not good. and trust me.. i am a fan of the FFFUUWWUMPp intake sound... yours just doesnt seem like it is responding and running right...

Keep it up. Don't let these guys get under yer skin. It is your truck.

And as for the douche making daddy comments and cock holster comments... put yer cock holster away dude. nobody wants to hear any of your homosexual remarks. Notice you were the only guy on here thinking about cock-in-mouth. Yes I said it... We were all looking at toyota and all you could think about was a cock in some guys mouth... probably hoping it was your own... Take yer doucheness elsewhere. Just cuz you drive an ugly yota like the rest of us.... don't mean you are cool like the rest of us. And it doesnt entitle you to be a jerk

Last edited by 4x4climber; 07-25-2011 at 10:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Ironmaidn23's 1989 yota 4runner build thread!