BuzzardsGottaEat 1993 Pickup

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 07:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BuzzardsGottaEat 1993 Pickup

This is how the Pickup sits as of 4-28-13:

Hey all, quoted this from my TW account, enjoy
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat
Well I finally decided to keep track of my progress and start a build thread.
Long story short I was looking for an old pickup or cheap first gen for a project pickup, came across a 93 in Colorado in great shape, little/no rust, and LOW miles (81,700 original when I bought it). I called the guy to finalize details about the truck, get pictures, ask questions and decided to commit. Found out after it was delivered to me that there were over 30 internet inquiries on it and about 7 or 8 people had already come in saying they'd buy it as soon as they had the money, I just happened to spring the dough first

Here is how it sits today:

I'll try to be as detailed as possible for anyone doing some research.

Particulars:
1993 Toyota Pickup, Base, 2.4L 22R-E, 4x4, 85,xxx miles

Wheels/Tires:
16x8 Konig Countersteer Offroad 4.5" BS [18lbs]
P265/75R16 Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 114T [40lbs]

Suspension:
OME shocks [N98/N94]
OME Steering Stabiliser [SD33]
ZUK = 100# Black Magic front Jeep coil between the bumpstops
(I will install Dakars and T-bars later but the leafs are too new to justify it yet)

Performance:
LCE Performance: Tune Up kit (spark plugs/wires etc)
LCE Performance: Pro Air Intake kit
LCE Performance: Street Header kit
LCE Performance: Catalytic converter
LCE Performance: Pro Flow Exhaust (2.25" diameter, MagnaFlow muffler)
(installing all this between thursday and this weekend, may be too loud :mad

Misc:
Air Conditioning (got this installed FREE because the salesman lied to me )
Siliblade 17" wipers (x2)
Mobil 1 Full Synthetic Engine, Tranny, Diff fluids
WeatherTech: Floor mats, vent visors, license plate frames
UV Carbon Tint: 35% sides and 20% windshield banner
Front mudflap and antenna delete

TO DO LIST:
-Finish D2S Retrofit (stupid clear lenses broke, need new ones)
-Paint all Chrome a matte grey metallic
-LCE Performance Intake performance package (which consists of a Big Bore Throttle Body, Big Bore Intake Manifold and fuel injectors)
-Black Magic S-Blade electric radiator fan
-Sliders
-Marlin Short Shifter (+shift knobs)
-4.56 Yukon Gears (ECGS)
-CB Radio (Cobra+Wilson?)
-Tow hitch
-CD Player/Speakers
-Wet Okole (and some lumbar support solution for my horrible back)
-Full size spare
-Long Range Fuel Tank

These are some of the pictures I got from the dealer a state away while i was negotiating. It had stock wheels/tires (28") and I had them put on the 31s off another Toyota Pickup they were scrapping because it was too rusty.

You can see the rear wasn't horrible, just sagging a little.
Interior was almost like new, door panels are coming off I guess

I had it delivered and replaced a few things right off: lower balljoints, front pinion seal, front main seal, and idler arm.

Was a wee bit dirty under the hood but not bad at all

Size comparison with the 2012 turn radius is lovely!

South Dakota!

And South Dakota Parking haha he actually was loading his groceries as I pulled away with my brother and didn't look to happy as his truck rolled forward while I pulled back. May have pushed on it too much

No Cut ZUK Springs [100# rated rather than the usual 125# that most use]

Installed those between the rear bumpstops along with OME shocks and steering stabiliser:

More South Dakota Parking, something in the water me thinks. . .

My girl said to meet her at the door

Major flex on IFS, NBD^^^

Wheels were shipped quickly and packaged really well, great customer service

Tint 35% on sides (I don't get why people go lower than 35 on the sides and 20 anywhere else personally :rolleyes
From the inside:

From the outside: You can see the WeatherTech Vent Visors also

Having the 17" blades vs the 15" from before is great and I am very pleased with my first set of Siliblades, spendy but a great product thus far

AND new wheels and tires are on, perfect fit and the lighter weight makes a huge difference when your pushing 119hp with a 22re

Working on my retrofit now but my lenses cracked in the oven :mad:

Well, there are a ton of pictures, not much of a build as I don't ever take pictures as I'm installing things but it will continue to come along.

I'm installing the header and cat back later this week, finishing my retrofit and looking for a CD Player here next. The rest is on my TO DO list, stay tuned

Last edited by BuzzardsGottaEat; 04-28-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
been looking for one like this for the past months and cant find one, how much did you have to spring up for this little guy? everything down here is 4500+ with over 180k miles....
Old 11-07-2012, 08:03 AM

I payed a little more than that but it's worth it to me. Supply and demand ha, EVERY single one in this area is rusted out really bad and has 200k plus at least so finding one in great shape with super low miles I was fine paying a little extra before it got swiped out from under me. I actually swiped it from under another guy who was "for sure coming back with the money". . .
Old 11-08-2012, 10:06 AM

LCE Performance parts are in, any input on a resonator? haha only part I'm not happy with.

All parts are in, NEED A RESONATOR to say the least, maybe a little bigger muffler. More annoying than I anticipated haha but the difference is in throttle response is more than butt dyno noticeable and getting up those hills in 5th is significantly easier. less downshifting around too to make it up certain hills too, here are some pics, more to come

drives great, not horribly loud but definitely more annoying than I personally like.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:49 PM

Ordered a 14x2.25 Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, will try and fit it after the header and before the cat. It's pretty close to the frame but we'll see when I get it.

Other than that, still working on the retrofit, debating on trying to bake another set of headlights apart or just cutting the backs out like a FX-R retrofit. If I end up going that route it will make me wish a wee bit that I had gotten FX-Rs instead of D2S but oh well, still a huge improvement over the crap stock headlights shooting light all over, except on the road in front of me . . .
Old 11-11-2012, 02:49 PM

nice truck!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:08 PM

Wow! Nice single cab bro.
And I understand the supply and demand part, these trucks are getting very rare to find, especially as clean as yours. I'm saying this and I live in CA. Here they're either trashed with hundreds of thousands of miles or they are all cut up as crawlers. The nicer ones, they want sooo much money for! lol

Trucks coming along nicely man. Keep it up
Old 11-11-2012, 09:11 PM

Thanks for the kind words fellas!

I hear ya man, but they just don't make them like they used to. Worth every penny IMO.

Not much to update except gas mileage this time around will be low from toying with the exhaust and the resonator should be here mon or tues so I'll post up if I'm happy with it asap.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:33 PM

so whata did ya have to give for this one i found one with 190k miles, no a/c, nees tires, only 5200 bucks! i may start a new thread, "dumbest craigslist ads"
Old 11-12-2012, 07:39 AM

Dude, What did you pay for your rims?
Old 11-12-2012, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by toastyjosh
Dude, What did you pay for your rims?
Wheels are 16x8 konigs from FN

700 for a set of four plus 75 shipping if you're not local to the guy who hooked it up for us on TacomaWorld. If anyone is interested hit him up, he is a great guy to buy from. Only 18lbs a piece

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...-offroads.html
Old 11-14-2012, 01:04 PM

Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator is in

Had to kind of hack job it all to make it fit haha the cat was where the resonator is. Had to swap them positions because the resonator wouldn't fit up by the t'bar

Mucho quieter, still a bit of cackle from the super powerful engine but it was like that even before the header and everything.

More to come after the holidays someone has to buy me something so it'll probably be me!
Looks like I won't be regearing/LSDs before the snow hits so now I'm just finishing up little things, ie install CD player/speakers, find a seat cover or cushion with some lumbar support for my back. (saw one the other day that had a pad you sat on, lumbar support, and a neck pillow deal, might look dumb and be spendy but I need it!) and need to Finally Finish my Retrofit! Thanks for looking guys
Old 11-14-2012, 02:04 PM

any pictures on the ZUK mod??
black magic Jeep front coils hu? do you think stock front jeep coils would work?

soo freakin jelous man! 85k miles? that's like 3 weeks of use on this trucks
mine was 180k and I was happy hahahaha
Old 11-14-2012, 07:58 PM

I wrote 85 as a premeditated laziness to not change it later haha it just clicked over 84,400 tonight. I have a few long hauls ahead for the holidays though.

I got the link for the coils off a thread on here. They pop right over the bumpstops fine. Just took the wheels off, jacked it up, and had a friend at a shop compress them and pop em in.

What kind of pictures would you like. The before and after are in there. the "when I bought it" pics are before and the most recent are after ha. I will put Dakars in someday, but not until I weight down the back with some future plans. I'm not looking for a lift. I'm at stock height now, other than the 32s and a slight crank on the t-bar to get them level with each other. I don't plan on lifting it, ever ha. Cut maybe . . .
Old 11-15-2012, 02:38 PM

well no pictures needed man! thanks anyway
It does not seem like you will be wheeling the s#$% out of that beauty so don't need for more lift I guess.
maybe and older more beat up truck for offroading? hahaha with your truck for DD that would be my dream come true
Old 11-15-2012, 08:59 PM

taller tires give you greater ground clearance. A lift gives you a little more room for the taller tires. I'm happy with 32s for the terrain I tackle and would bump to 33s in the future. I just dislike trucks with excessive amounts of lift for no reason, personally. I'd rather trim, cut, bend or tub something. I also have a pieve with super wide flotation tires for no reason haha but that's just me I suppose.

This will remain the DD and part time wheeling rig for now even though it is my secondary project truck. Down the road, who knows . . . depends on where I move and what terrain it is tackling, not on what "looks cool to da homies" haha.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:20 PM

yeah I hear you
every single one of my friends sayed to me when I bought the 32's
"now you just need a few inches of lift!" and I was like "what for? they fit, dont they?"
Old 11-16-2012, 08:44 AM

Precisely!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:56 PM

Got JLee over on TacomaWorld welding me up some 58" hybrid sliders. Doesn't have a mock up vehicle so he's leaving the legs off and sending em to me. Excited to get them on so I feel a little better beating the truck up here and there.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:07 PM

even if you don't do to much rockcrawling they will be perfect for keeping your doors safe with that south dakota parking! hahahaha

keep the pictures coming!

Quick Reply: BuzzardsGottaEat 1993 Pickup