2010+ 4Runner 5th gen 4Runners

Old School member checking in - longing for a 5th gen

Old 02-01-2010, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old School member checking in - longing for a 5th gen

Hello all.

Few of you know me, because I've been away from the 4Runner forum scene for a while (my BMW needed more online input that the Toy...).

Corey and I go back to the days of Outdoorwire. You can tell by my join date, that I'm one of the old ones here (literally, I'm getting some gray hair).

Anyway, I had a 3rd gen for 8 years, sold it and bought a Subaru Legacy wagon (ultimate sleeper) in 2008 when rust and gas prices meant that keeping the 4Runner was a mistake.

I never cared much for the 4th gen, and never cared much for most newer cars since as long as I can remember... until now.

Oh my... I saw the 5th gen in FourWheeler in fell in love.

This is now my goal. I WILL own a 5th gen Trail Edition.

And, well, I'll be back on Yotatech when that happens, and in the meantime to be up-to-date on everything I could possibly ask.

I'm never jealous of anyone in life. But whoever gets a 5th gen until I do have my own... yeah, I'll be jealous.

That is all.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I pulled up next to one at a Redlight and drooled a little. Save them pennies and let us know when you get one.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Hugo
Hello all.

Few of you know me, because I've been away from the 4Runner forum scene for a while (my BMW needed more online input that the Toy...).

Corey and I go back to the days of Outdoorwire. You can tell by my join date, that I'm one of the old ones here (literally, I'm getting some gray hair).

Anyway, I had a 3rd gen for 8 years, sold it and bought a Subaru Legacy wagon (ultimate sleeper) in 2008 when rust and gas prices meant that keeping the 4Runner was a mistake.

I never cared much for the 4th gen, and never cared much for most newer cars since as long as I can remember... until now.

Oh my... I saw the 5th gen in FourWheeler in fell in love.

This is now my goal. I WILL own a 5th gen Trail Edition.

And, well, I'll be back on Yotatech when that happens, and in the meantime to be up-to-date on everything I could possibly ask.

I'm never jealous of anyone in life. But whoever gets a 5th gen until I do have my own... yeah, I'll be jealous.

That is all.

I remeber you very well sir. I was on 4x4wire for years until this site came up. I was even a mod over here for about a year when we first got this site going. Its been years since I have been on here, but the 5th gen is def my next vehicle. It's good to see a familiar name. I felt like i was blowing the dust off an old photo when I got back on here a month or so ago... oh boy here it goes again...

EDIT: I win join date by a month, hehe
Old 02-03-2010, 10:49 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Hugo
Few of you know me, because I've been away from the 4Runner forum scene for a while (my BMW needed more online input that the Toy...)
I also recognize you. Good luck getting the new truck.

I am trying to spend more time on YT again, it has been a while.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Contributing Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I remember yall too. Also been awhile since I have posted on here. Would love to have a Trail Edition myself but don't see it in the cards any time soon.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:53 AM

Check out this vid shot by the FourWheeler crew :

http://www.fourwheeler.com/videos/62...con/index.html