Cycling Mountain biking, road biking, any type of pedal powered biking

My new MTB bike!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that fuel is sweet. I really like how the disc brakes allow you to "blackout" your rims! kinda like on the trucks! I think the all black look is sweet on bikes!

I am so addicted to riding, I go like 3 times a week here to our local singletrack which is a little under 8 mi. Today I endo'd after hitting some stupid roots.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by idotmyi
I . . . have fallen back in love with two wheels... I honestly feel it's the best investment.

I think anyone that is thinking about getting a bike should deffinatly do it as soon as they can, it changes your life...

Yep. I used to ride at least 4 days a week. Then school and work got in the way. I just got back into riding after about a 2-3 year hiatus, and it just kicks ass. I'm on my way out the door right now to go do some riding on my new bike (it's a '03, but I bought it brand new).

Old 09-02-2004, 02:47 PM
JSB
Contributing Member

Nice Bike!

Here is my collection.
Titus Racer-X Paid $2000.00 used
Gary Fisher Tassajara $600 New
Restoring my old 1982 Diamond Back I can't remember

Last edited by JSB; 09-02-2004 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:07 PM
Contributing Member

i tell you a good mountain biker is really impressive to watch....climbing hills to steep to walk have the time, and pogo'ing from rock to rock where you cant ride the bike normally.....way past my skill and atheletic ability...

I have an older schwinn...its not that great but when it was new it was pretty awesome, bought it for around 999 bucks and it was worth every penny....
Old 09-03-2004, 07:36 AM

hey jsb, I think I am gonna restore my old diamondback too. Its like a 96 outlook. I am gonna put my old bontrager stem and handlebars on it, and probably my rockshox pilot fork after I geta new fork.
Old 09-03-2004, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by JSB
Nice Bike!

Here is my collection.
Titus Racer-X Paid $2000.00 used
Gary Fisher Tassajara $600 New
Restoring my old 1982 Diamond Back I can't remember
which one are you SSing?
Old 09-03-2004, 09:17 AM
JSB
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by jacksonpt
which one are you SSing?
The Tassajara in the middle. Or at least thinking about it.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:30 AM
JSB
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by INsr5runner
hey jsb, I think I am gonna restore my old diamondback too. Its like a 96 outlook. I am gonna put my old bontrager stem and handlebars on it, and probably my rockshox pilot fork after I geta new fork.
That's cool. I lucked out and found some guy on ebay selling vintage stickers for my year of DB. So I stripped mine off and put the new stickers on. The only problem is that the adhesive on the edges of the stickers isn't sticking very well. Bummer. So now I'm planning on getting some adhesive. I also need to find a seat, and post. Finally I'm trying to find some of those Oakley F1 bmx handle grips with out spending an arm and a leg. Then I think I'll give it to my son to tear back up. Woohoo!
Old 09-03-2004, 10:07 AM
AUJWE

that fuel is sweet. I really like how the disc brakes allow you to "blackout" your rims! kinda like on the trucks! I think the all black look is sweet on bikes!

I am so addicted to riding, I go like 3 times a week here to our local singletrack which is a little under 8 mi. Today I endo'd after hitting some stupid roots.
Thanks. I really like the all black look too. I wish the bike was black actually.
I think this Trek 8500 looks nice all blacked out:

When I was shopping it was between this and my Fuel 90 but I decided to go with FS instead of hardtail.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:06 PM

Cool

I have a Ironhorse Maverick as of right now and compared to some of the bikes I've seen on this thread it might as well have training wheels! :cry:

I have been riding since '99 off and on (mailny trail and street) and the bike was a night and day differance from the Huffy I had. I want to upgrade it with suspension forks, but the headset is only 1", and Ironhorse advised me to get a new bike.

Sooooo I'm getting a new bike here in the near future. I'm loving the Trek's, but here in town the places that sell them try to act like a stealership when you ask for some simeple service (cable adjustment, etc.) . I also like Haro's V series and the local bike shop has a V3 that I might take advantage of. I used to like cannondale...key work used to...

YOU GUYS FRIGGIN ROCK!!! Just try not to make the novicie riders look all crappy when you fly past....please.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:08 PM

man I rode again today, after a downpour, and it was sooo fun! super slick though. I was caked in mud afterwards! only downside to riding after a rain is wrecking on tight turns that you take too fast.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:17 PM
AUJWE

Originally Posted by Outkast`
I have a Ironhorse Maverick as of right now and compared to some of the bikes I've seen on this thread it might as well have training wheels! :cry:

I have been riding since '99 off and on (mailny trail and street) and the bike was a night and day differance from the Huffy I had. I want to upgrade it with suspension forks, but the headset is only 1", and Ironhorse advised me to get a new bike.

Sooooo I'm getting a new bike here in the near future. I'm loving the Trek's, but here in town the places that sell them try to act like a stealership when you ask for some simeple service (cable adjustment, etc.) . I also like Haro's V series and the local bike shop has a V3 that I might take advantage of. I used to like cannondale...key work used to...

YOU GUYS FRIGGIN ROCK!!! Just try not to make the novicie riders look all crappy when you fly past....please.
It doesn't matter what you ride as long as your ridin'. I get passed by folks all the time on trails that are riding bikes that are a lot less expensive than mine. That's cool with me it's just good to see other folks ridin'.

The place that I got my bike from sells the Trek's at about 20% off of list price, sometimes more depending on the time of year. He also gives you 20% anything that you buy in the store the same day (not icluding another bike I would guess) and then 10% anything from then on out. Then you get free lifetime adjustments and minor tune-ups. Not too bad. They're not always top notch to deal with but usually are.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:18 PM
AUJWE

man I rode again today, after a downpour, and it was sooo fun! super slick though. I was caked in mud afterwards! only downside to riding after a rain is wrecking on tight turns that you take too fast.
And having to clean the bike. That is if you do that.
I like riding in the rain too.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:23 AM
JSB
Contributing Member

Man, down here people get pissed if you ride the trail after a rain. I haven't done it just because of having to clean the bike.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:02 AM

i miss mtn biking.

have a steel trek 970 hard tail. bontrager designed.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:17 AM

I want to start getting into riding MTB, so I went out and got this:

Not too bad for a starter bike at around $300. I got mine in Silver/White though...
Old 09-09-2004, 11:28 AM

Good deal. Haro makes good frames, so if you really get into riding, you could easily upgrade the parts on that frame if you didn't want to buy a whole new bike.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by jacksonpt
Good deal. Haro makes good frames, so if you really get into riding, you could easily upgrade the parts on that frame if you didn't want to buy a whole new bike.
That's great, thanks. I have a cabin up in Tioga County, which is at the top of PA. Do you know of any nice trails near there? I am new, so anything would help. I know there is a railroad bed through the Grand Canyon, I'll have to check that out. Thanks.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:51 AM

I don't know of much in PA, but if you're willing to come over the border I can probably help you out. I'm not familiar with Tioga county, so I'm guessing you are a bit west of me.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:04 PM
AUJWE

Try looking on these two sites for trails:

SingleTracks
MTBReview
The second one has 269 trails listed for PA alone.

Quick Reply: My new MTB bike!