Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

**CNlight HID Conversion Kits**

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**CNlight HID Conversion Kits **

Hey guys,

Due to lots of interest, I have decided to run this again.

About CNlight:
CNlight is a division of Guangdong Bright Star Light & Electricity Co.,Ltd, which was established in 1992 and became a public company in the Shenzhen Stock exchange in 2006. CNlight has been manufacturing its HID xenon lamp and ballast with its own patents since 2000 and is now the largest HID manufacturer in China. They’ve been carrying the E11 certificate from April 2005 for both of bulb and ballast and also passed the ISO/TS16949. At the moment they offer many kits for vehicles with H1, H3, H4 single beam, H4 hi/low with halogen, H4 moving, H4 bi-xenon, H6, H7, H8, H9, H10, H11, H12, H13, H13 moving, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007, 9007 moving, d2s, d2c, 880/881 and etc. They also have many different color temperatures available from 4300k to over 30000k. CNlight has 7 production lines imported from Germany. CNlight sells roughly 300,000 bulbs and 80,000 ballasts per month. About 80% are sold overseas.

Available Bulb Sizes:
H1/H3/H4/H6/H7/H8/H9/H10/H11/H12/H13/9004/9005(HB3)/9006(HB4)/9007(HB5)/D2S/D2C

Single Beam:

There are also Xenon Low/Halogen Hi, Bi-Xenon Moving, and True Bi-Xenon models available in H4, 9004, 9007 and H13.

True Bi-Xenon:
CNlight also offers its patented True Bi-Xenon bulb. Instead of a bulb that moves up and down to adjust hi/low beam, the True Bi-Xenon bulb has two xenon bulbs. This provides more accurate beam patterns, because of the more direct placement of the bulb. Also, the True Bi-Xenon bulb has no moving parts, and therefore a lesser chance of anything going wrong.

Bi-Xenon Moving:
Bi-Xenon Moving is the same concept of what you get from other manufacturers who sell “Bi-Xenons”. The HID bulb is connected to a solenoid and when you turn on your hi beams, the solenoid will move the bulb back to change the beam pattern. To make things easier, we’re calling it Bi-Xenon Moving.

Xenon/Halogen:
The Xenon Halogen combo is a single beam HID bulb with a halogen bulb attached for high beam. Note that the HID bulb has a much longer lifespan (6x) than halogen bulbs. But if you rarely use high beams, this would work out great!

Available Color Temperatures:

3000k/4300K/5000K/6000K/8000K/10000K/12000K.

For the more extreme colors, please PM me for pricing.

Warranty:
The CNlight kits come with a factory 1 year warranty. If you happen to have any issues within 1 year of the time you receive your kit, I will personally handle your claims with the manufacturer!

Pricing:
We need an order of at least 5 units in this Group Buy to get them at:
Single Beam - $140
Xenon/Halogen - $150
Bi-Xenon Moving - $190
True Bi-Xenon - $210

If we can get 10+:
Single Beam - $135
Xenon/Halogen - $145
Bi-Xenon Moving - $180
True Bixenon - $200

**All prices include shipping to 48 mainland states. HI and AK PM for shipping.

Payment Info:
Only Paypal and Money Order will be accepted for safe transaction. However, you may pay cash if you’d like.

Paypal account: tonywfg@gmail.com
Mailing Address: Please PM me for address

**Please make sure you leave your
-Real name
-Screenname
-Product you are ordering
-Telephone number

This GB will end on Friday, October 26th and payment will be due by the next day. The kits will arrive to my home in about 10 day and I will ship them within 4 days.

On my Volvo 850 Turbo w/ 6000k:

Here's how they compare to my stock halogen high beams.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions! Thanks for looking!

Please use this format: CNLight (H4, True Bi-Xenon, 5000k)

4.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by CamNub; 01-08-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:42 PM

Bump, improve your lighting.

These are not your regular junk Ebay kits.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:28 PM

True Bixenon Kit.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn you, you got me lookin at lights again. the angel eye xenon lights i bought just cant compete with those. grrr. lol.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Contributing Member

Bump for Jimmy on this GB! It's quality stuff from what I hear on the TN board!
Old 10-05-2007, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by humanoid
Bump for Jimmy on this GB! It's quality stuff from what I hear on the TN board!
Thanks Humanoid!
Old 10-06-2007, 08:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
subscribing!!! true bi xenon here in an H4
Old 10-06-2007, 08:55 AM

1. Bumpin' Yota (H4, True Bixenon, Color temp??)
2. DirtyTaco (H4, True Bixenon, Color temp??) -ToyotaNation
3. Dinkus (??, Moving Bixenon, 6000k) - ToyotaNation

Bumpin, I need a color temp from you.
And I will be running this simultaniously w/ TN, so its much easier to get to our count now.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
oh sorry 6000k for me! (I was at my girlfriend's house and she wanted attention so I had to post QUICK!)

PS - how is the amperage draw on these compared to stock? As is 100w/120w H4 halogens draw too much current and have fried my high beam relay...so I dont want this to be a recurrent problem when I fix it.

PSS - how does the light output compare btwn the single HID and the bixenons? In otherwords am I sacraficing anything going for the bixenons vs the single HIDs. Also is the difference in price btwn the two worth it in your opinion?

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 10-06-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota
oh sorry 6000k for me! (I was at my girlfriend's house and she wanted attention so I had to post QUICK!)

PS - how is the amperage draw on these compared to stock? As is 100w/120w H4 halogens draw too much current and have fried my high beam relay...so I dont want this to be a recurrent problem when I fix it.

PSS - how does the light output compare btwn the single HID and the bixenons? In otherwords am I sacraficing anything going for the bixenons vs the single HIDs. Also is the difference in price btwn the two worth it in your opinion?
Let me know if you have any other questions.

1. Bumpin' Yota (H4, True Bixenon, 6000k)
2. DirtyTaco (H4, True Bixenon, Color temp??) -ToyotaNation
4 Mikey55 (H4, True Bixenon, 6000k) - ToyotaNation

Last edited by CamNub; 10-07-2007 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota

Hey Bumpin, these actually use LESS power than halogens. The ballasts are 35W. They run cooler than the halogens. Also, the True Bixenon and Bixenon moving come with a relay harness INCLUDED. If you order a single beam kit, the relay harness is an extra $10.

The relay harness will make it so that you draw power from your battery THROUGH provided wires! It connects to the oem bulb harness only as a trigger to turn on the lights.

As for the single beam, bixenon moving and true bixenon, they will have the SAME light output with respect to color temperature. So a 6000K kit single beam, bixenon moving, and true bixenon, will have the same brightness and color. The differences:
- Single beam only has a low beam
- Bixenons have both high and low beam HID output
- Bixenon moving has a moving bulb controlled by a solenoid. When you turn on the high beams, the bulb moves back and changes the beam pattern
- True bixenon is essentially 2 HID filaments in one bulb. When you turn on the high beams, the lows turn off and highs turn on. There is no moving parts and therefore less parts that can break. The main advantage is the true bixenon is patented for a more precise beam pattern.

I would highly recommend you keep your highs in some fashion because you never know when you'll need it.

Here are a few of the patents:
http://www.cnlight.com/hid/english/patent.asp

Thanks!

Jimmy

Last edited by CamNub; 10-07-2007 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:40 PM

BumP!
Old 10-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
slightly interested but dont write me down yet.

i have a tacoma which uses 9003 bulbs. Is this a plug and play kit (yea i know not really) I understand the bulbs will plug right in place and I will need to rewire. But, is my beam pattern going to be whacky and completely illegal because i just have regular halogen lights?
Old 10-07-2007, 10:05 PM

^Yes it is plug and play.

Regarding rewiring, you just need to hook up the harness that comes w/ the kit and it's a pretty straightforward process. No cutting/splicing wires of any sort.

As to your beam pattern, it's going to look just like what you have w/ your OEM halogens except that everything will light up much brighter. Once you get the kit installed, you will want to reaim/adjust the headlights to reduce glare for other drivers and also so you will have a better beam pattern.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:48 AM
Contributing Member

Put me down as interested in an H4 Tru-bi zenon set with a few questions...
what about shipping to Canada...
some confusion about colour temp. it is difficult to tell from the little pics which ones are going to give the best performance/life time...
I like the blue tone that you see on the BMWs with HIDs but I don't know what colour temp. they are... also I need a light that will cut through crappy weather [rain/snow] with out a lot of scatter...
and finally one that won't attract too much attention from the cops....
a lot of ? I know but you advice here is appreciated
Prost aviator

edit one more ? what is the average life span of these bulbs?

Last edited by aviator; 10-08-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by aviator
Put me down as interested in an H4 Tru-bi zenon set with a few questions...
what about shipping to Canada...
some confusion about colour temp. it is difficult to tell from the little pics which ones are going to give the best performance/life time...
I like the blue tone that you see on the BMWs with HIDs but I don't know what colour temp. they are... also I need a light that will cut through crappy weather [rain/snow] with out a lot of scatter...
and finally one that won't attract too much attention from the cops....
a lot of ? I know but you advice here is appreciated
Prost aviator

edit one more ? what is the average life span of these bulbs?
Hey Aviator, I am happy to answer any questions you have!

1. Shipping to Canada will be an extra $10 USD with UPS/FedEx/DHL

2. The color temperatures can be VERY confusing especially since it's hard to depict in a picture.

First off, the life of the bulbs are relatively the same. Average lifetime is about 6 times longer than halogen bulbs, or around 3000 hours.

For performance, or most USABLE Light, it's recommended you use 3000K - 8000K color temperatures. All the HID color temperatures are VERY bright. But when you're in the middle of no where at night, a bright WHITE light may be more helpful than a bright PURPLE light.

3. The color temperatures are roughly like this:
3000k - Yellow. Similar to IS300 foglights. Yellower than halogen lights
4000k - White and has the most usable light of all colors
5000k - White with a very light hint of blue. This temperature is MOST similar to BMWs and other high end cars with projectors.
6000k - White with a noticeable blue. This is the most popular color.
8000k - Similar to 6000k but with a hint of purple also.

4. For light in bad weather, True Bixenon is definitely the way to go. The beam cut off is excellent. Also, 4000k would be the best in bad weather.

5. As far as getting attention from cops, you should always check the aiming of your headlights. If you see that your headlights aim higher with HIDs, you can aim your lights a few degrees lower. Most cars just have a screw that adjusts the aim.
Color is very important also. I have 5000k and 6000k HIDs in my cars and have never been stopped. I also have customers with 8000k that get stopped for loud mufflers and etc, but nothing about the headlights. You can rest assured for 4000k to 6000k colors.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have more questions!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:22 AM

1. Bumpin' Yota (H4, True Bixenon, 6000k)
2. DirtyTaco (H4, True Bixenon, 5000k) -ToyotaNation
4 Mikey55 (H4, True Bixenon, 6000k) - ToyotaNation
5. Aviator (H4, True Bixenon, ??)

Last edited by CamNub; 10-09-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks for answering the questions so fast cam I still need to do a little research on the colour before I choose my temp.
as for cop hassles it is not so much the aim [which I always take care of] but the colour that can get you into trouble around here... there are some goofy laws on the books about non-standard equipment here that some cops love to enforce, however something that is not "out-there" like purple or "french" yellow for example should be OK.
I'll be in touch Aviator
Old 10-08-2007, 08:52 PM

I made a giant mistake. I forgot to edit the thread.

The numbers for the GB are 5 and 10 and NOT 10 and 15.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:24 AM

For people that want nice hid off road lights you should get in on this group buy. Like if you got two kc daylighters just buy an h3 conversion instead of buying more lights. If you got 2 hella 4000 rallye then buy an h1 kit. Me and my friends all do hid conversions on off road lights and most of us only have 2 lights on our trucks and its more then enough light. I would buy a kit but funds are tight right now. If you do another group buy in a couple months ill def be in on at least one kit. BTW, whats the warranty on these kits?

Last edited by deserttoy84; 10-09-2007 at 10:26 AM.

Quick Reply: **CNlight HID Conversion Kits**