Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

1990 4runner 4x4 3.4L swap.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the truck had working AC, I'd be very interested.

But, as your aware, no AC in the south is BRUTAL!
Old 06-26-2007, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by intense
If the truck had working AC, I'd be very interested.

But, as your aware, no AC in the south is BRUTAL!
Well i didnt say that i could not fix it cause i know there is a way. I will fix it for you if you really want the truck.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:16 AM

Is it the original r150 and v6 chain tcase? Lets see some pics I'm in the market...
Old 06-26-2007, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Stomis
Is it the original r150 and v6 chain tcase? Lets see some pics I'm in the market...
yes its the original r150. Im going to try and fix the a/c when i get home tonight and ill take pics. I have to presure wash the under side of it. Went riding last weekend and the mud there was sandy mud. So after it dried out the stuff is like cement and is very hard to get off.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:37 PM

ok i fixed the a/c and took some pictures of the truck it is still a little dirty but it gives you a good idea as to what it looks like it. This is the link to the file cause i didnt want to reload all them for this page.

http://www.putfile.com/boomyanker/images/121727
Old 06-27-2007, 07:25 PM

I'm pretty interested. I found out today that my '94 Pickup is burning oil. My mechanic said to either get a new engine or get a new truck. It will cost me about the same thing to completely rebuild my engine or get another one and have it installed. So yours falls under the new vehicle category; and you're close. What kind of additional cost, roughly, to fix the cv boot and oil pressure guage? How does it ride with the 4.10's in the rear right now?

Cam
Old 06-28-2007, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by killa66cam
I'm pretty interested. I found out today that my '94 Pickup is burning oil. My mechanic said to either get a new engine or get a new truck. It will cost me about the same thing to completely rebuild my engine or get another one and have it installed. So yours falls under the new vehicle category; and you're close. What kind of additional cost, roughly, to fix the cv boot and oil pressure guage? How does it ride with the 4.10's in the rear right now?

Cam
It rides great with the 4:10's I can run the a/c and still drive down the interstate in 5th gear running 70 mph the new boot is cheap and really easy to change. I have never had any problems out of the axle so thats why i have not changed it. The oil pressure guage im not really sure about it would probably be easier to add an after market one which would only be about $40 dollars. I'm from Lugoff. What todd and moore do you work at?
Old 06-28-2007, 08:04 AM

I work at the T&M on O'Neil Court, just off 2 Notch Road. Did you do the engine swap yourself? What year truck is the engine from? How did you run the exhaust?

Cam
Old 06-28-2007, 09:10 AM

I work at the T&M on O'Neil Court, just off 2 Notch Road. Did you do the engine swap yourself? What year truck is the engine from? How did you run the exhaust?

Cam
Yes i did the swap myself, with a basic kit from offroadsolutions which is not much more than the wiring harness. The engine is out of a 98 Tacoma. the exhaust is run duel pipes until after the transmission then it goes into one. I couldnt figure out a way to run full duels so i didnt do it. Gas tank is in the way.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:44 PM

Yea, I know the tank causes problems for people who want duels. I'm not trying to low ball you, cause I know what you got in the truck, but I wasn't looking to spend an arse of money. I'm not real sure what I'm gonna do with my pickup yet; but it is freakin chugging oil! Is $3700 the lowest you are willin to go. I know you want as much as you can get; and I don't won't to pay more than I have to. What kinda schedule do you have; when could we possibly meet up? I obviously want to take a look and drive the truck; and would like for my shop to check it out too, if possible.

Cam
Old 06-29-2007, 04:36 AM

I dont really want to go any lower than 3,500 on it. I work 5 days a week 8-5 so thats about the extent of my schedule. So anytime during the weekend i can meet you. Now I'm not going to misslead you or anything i play in this truck. It is mechanical very sound and the interior and exterior are in really good shape to be a 1990, But the under body of it needs tons of cleaning to be a really nice truck. This is not a truck you go and look at and think that the owner has never taken it into the mud or anything like that. I didnt spend all that money on it just so it will look good going down the road and sitting in my driveway. It does look good but you can tell it does get driven to. Just call me and we can talk. IF I do not answer leave a message and ill call you back. (803)727-0002
Old 06-29-2007, 09:59 AM

What's the point in having something like that if you can't have fun with it. You don't have to explain it to me, I understand. There is plenty of mud on the underside of my pickup. It would probably be a DD for me, especially for a while. I will probably build my pickup for just off-road. I got a wedding rehearsal tonight and my friends wedding tomorrow, so the only time this weekend would probably be Sunday. Just let me know kinda what you think on here, and I'll give you a call Saturday night or Sunday morning. Thanks.

Cam
Old 06-29-2007, 10:16 AM

What's the point in having something like that if you can't have fun with it. You don't have to explain it to me, I understand. There is plenty of mud on the underside of my pickup. It would probably be a DD for me, especially for a while. I will probably build my pickup for just off-road. I got a wedding rehearsal tonight and my friends wedding tomorrow, so the only time this weekend would probably be Sunday. Just let me know kinda what you think on here, and I'll give you a call Saturday night or Sunday morning. Thanks.

Cam
Yeah you are going to have to call me. My computer at the house took a dump on me, so i dont have any internet at home. Well i just wanted to let you know about the mud and stuff some people see that and they are like oh my god this truck is so dirty it must be a big peice of junk. When its not at all its plenty strong and is a lot more capable then most 4x4's out there. I love the truck and im going to hate to see it go whenever someone does buy it.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:34 PM

Sup man. Sorry I didn't have time to get up with you this weekend; just too much stuff going on with my buddies wedding. I have to work this coming weekend; but I get off at 6 on Saturday and Sunday. If you wanna try to meet up this weekend, I'm up for it. Just let me know if you have time and I can give you a call so we can work out the details.

Cam
Old 07-02-2007, 05:43 AM

Sup man. Sorry I didn't have time to get up with you this weekend; just too much stuff going on with my buddies wedding. I have to work this coming weekend; but I get off at 6 on Saturday and Sunday. If you wanna try to meet up this weekend, I'm up for it. Just let me know if you have time and I can give you a call so we can work out the details.

Cam
Yeah thats fine. I know saturday i have plans but sunday should be all open. just give me a call.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:30 AM

Come on this is a really nice and capable truck. I know that's a more than fair price.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:22 AM

I gotta go help my buddy do something right now; but I'll give you a call in a few hours to set up stuff for Sunday. later

Cam
Old 07-08-2007, 04:38 PM

OH well I guess its a project truck now. I had a terrible misfortune this weekend and because of that the motor now has a rod knocking in it. Im sure the motor can be rebuilt because the truck will still start up and run. I really wish this would not have happened but hey thats the way things go I guess. And Cam I'm sorry this happened cause I would have loved to sell it to you. But hey I did something dumb and now have to take my losses.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:43 PM

No prob man. Not saying I didn't want it; but like you said, ▓▓▓▓▓ happens. I know, I'm pretty sure the reason my pickup is chugging oil is because I tried to drown it in a big ass hole filled with water (didn't really try, but that is basically what happened). Guess it just wasn't meant to be. Good luck with the SC300. later

Cam