Tires & Wheels Anything about tires and wheels

what do u think about Goodyear Wrangler tires?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good steal! I have the MT/R over 40K miles, still love it. I used had two set of 33" BFG A/T in the past, it really sucks. It got out of round in about 6K - 10K miles including a several trips on 4wheeling in Colorado and New Mexico. :mad:

I got four MT/R 285's at $598.00 plus labor in Denver last year.
Old 02-23-2003, 02:51 PM
Contributing Member

Glad to see you made it over here, Red.

I officially sold my baby shoes today (265/75's) and will start calling around tomorrow for 285's. Where did you end up getting them at? That's a heck of a price too.
Old 02-23-2003, 03:51 PM

Alrighty, Darren, I happened to be at the "open house" at High Country four wheel drive store in Englewood in the Fall of 2001. I met the manager from Discount Tire Store. His store was a sponser at the event. He promised to offer me 20 percent off on any tires. That's how I got a sweet deal. I guess I was lucky.

If you like to go to the Discount Tire store, my advise to buy the tire certification. You will never know if your tire got damaged or unable to re-balance due to the 4wheeling abuses, and etc... It happened to me a few times, I recently got 2nd set of new MT/R tires at no cost (road hazard warranty), I just paid to renew the certification at small fee. I think it is worth. Please talk with a salesperson about this first before you decide.

You can shopping around the online stores for the lowest price, then you may try to ask a local store for the price match against the online price (online price incl. shipping charge vs. retail price plus tax).
Old 02-23-2003, 04:09 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Red Chili's
unable to re-balance due to the 4wheeling abuses, and etc...
That is the same story they gave me and I had never taken the runner offroad at that time. I have now of course. but the fact about balancing problems that dickscount tires is that they don't know how to use the adaptors that are required for lug-centric wheels. I would be very careful purchasing tires from these stores because of this, or get them from them and then go somewhere you know that balances the wheels correctly when you nee them balanced.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:03 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Mig750
WHERE DID YOU FIND THEM FOR $700
at mountain view goodyear in newhall. here's a link to their webpage http://www.mountainviewtire.com/ . i think these goodyear stores are only around here in CA, but you can probably find something similar in new york. you just gotta shop around.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by keisur
That is the same story they gave me and I had never taken the runner offroad at that time. I have now of course. but the fact about balancing problems that dickscount tires is that they don't know how to use the adaptors that are required for lug-centric wheels. I would be very careful purchasing tires from these stores because of this, or get them from them and then go somewhere you know that balances the wheels correctly when you nee them balanced.
That would be a problem if someone is not asking a manager to get the right person who has a training certification to operate the Hunter 9700 with Hawaka adapter to balance the tire correctly. So far, I have no problem with Discount Tires in Denver area for 13 years. It depends to whom you are dealing with. The last time I went to the shop to have the new tires replaced under road hazard warranty two month ago. The old tires already had about 40K miles, and had been through a lot of 4wheeling trips. I guess I got the right person to perform the decent job on the balancing. It took them about about 2 to 2.5 hours to complete the job, that is normal. Don't be surpised.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:18 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Red Chili's
That would be a problem if someone is not asking a manager to get the right person who has a training certification to operate the Hunter 9700 with Hawaka adapter to balance the tire correctly..
This is assuming the average "Joe" knows about the adapters and to ask such a question, most people you ask them if their wheels are lug centric or hub centric and they say, "huh?" and have a puzzled look on there face. I had no idea about this stuff before going to geiger's site and reading about it.

So far, I have no problem with Discount Tires in Denver area for 13 years.
I think I'll drive to denver if I ever want to deal with them again since I went to over 6 different stores here in town and never got them done right. I only wish I knew about this when I had those tires then I could have gotten my tires replaced through the road hazard warranty.