Tires & Wheels Anything about tires and wheels

BFG AT KOs VS. DUELER REVOs

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BFG AT KOs VS. DUELER REVOs

Just wondering what people think of these 2 tires. pros/cons if anyone knows about them.
i have the factory BFG Rugged Trail AT and am pretty dissapointed with them in the mud, but they are ok in the sand.
I am running 265/70/R16 and was think about going to 285/75/R16 and was wondering if anyone else has this set up and if so hows is it going.
I would love to buy a more aggressive tire like MT/Rs but i drive 60 miles a day to work and dont want to burn them up on the road.
So if anyone owns a set of these tires or know someone running them, any info would be greatly appriciated.

:pat:
Old 08-15-2003, 02:20 PM
Contributing Member

I had the KO's on my old 98 LTD Taco, and loved them. I put them through hell and back (the desert), and they never let me down.

I drove them in sand, through rivers, on rocks, over cacti, and did numerous burnouts on the street.

In my opinion, they are the best tire for the all around user (i.e. weekend off-roader).

They will be the next tire I get.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:23 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BFG's are good for the desert, but up in MN I'd go with the Bridgestone's. They do much better in rain and slush. Other conditions are probably about equal.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:36 PM

I just bought the 285 Revos, because of all the good ratings on Tirerack.com and all the comments on the boards. They had the best ratings that I could see.

Chris
Old 08-15-2003, 02:56 PM

I have the KO's and I love them. Not much road noise unless you roll down the windows and turn off the music, then you can hear them of course. On the trails I got to test them out, and they held up really well, crawling up hills, driving through creeks, mud, even rocks. I'd reccommend them to the type of people who drive 75% or above on the road, and maybe 25% off-road. (ie. the ppl who offroad only a few times a year).

I've only had them for 2k miles, but I've heard the tread life is amazing on these babies, only one way to find out!!
Old 08-15-2003, 03:02 PM

Maybe this will help ya:

BFG's Reviews: http://www.tirerack.com/survey/Surve...ommentStatus=P

BFG's Warranty: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Warran...rrain+T%2FA+KO

Revo's Reviews: http://www.tirerack.com/survey/Surve...ommentStatus=P

Revo's Warranty: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Warran...ler+A%2FT+Revo

Chris

P.S. I read them all and read all the threads I could on the forums about them to help me decide.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:28 PM

I have tha AT's on my 91 Wrangler, and they work great, Even on that there not that loud (well you can't hear them over the other Jeep noises) (that will probably be getting MTR's though )

But AT's wern't ment to be a mud tire, they won't have the cleaning properties of a Mud tire, and would probably only be slightly better then the rugged terrain in the mud
Old 08-15-2003, 11:14 PM
Contributing Member

Ask again in a few weeks. I'm waiting for the Revos in the 265-70-17 flavor to sail accross the Pacific.

Gives me some time to decide if I want white letters out or not...

Maybe I shoud do ANOTHER "White letter out or not" poll.
Old 08-16-2003, 11:58 AM
Contributing Member

I love my revos, they have never let me down in everything from mud to snow. They are almost gone now (due to the road I drive to work in the summer) and I went on the hardest off-roading run I have ever been on and they never skipped a beat. I virtually never had traction issues even on the hard wet southern clay! I even did most of it in 2wd (the rears are worse b/c I just rotated them). I'm going to be getting a set of rock crawlers soon so I can have a set of 33" MTs and and then a stock size (ok, maybe a little bigger) set for the hiway and bumming around town. So I don't have have to deal with the slug effect or the loss in wet traciton day to day. I love my revos! Can't wait for my second set (I only managed 30kmiles out of them, but don't let that fool you! I'm encredibly had on tires and they have a 50k mileage warrenty)
Old 08-16-2003, 09:15 PM

i have the revos on my 3rd gen runner. No complaints at all yet. Wet traction control is second to none. Havent had a chance to get in the mud yet, but im sure they will not let me down. They have about 9000 km's on them, show virtually no wear and are really comfortable tires. My decision come tire buying time was between the Dueller Revos and the BFG AT KO's. I'd say go revos- the reviews dont lie.
Old 08-16-2003, 10:02 PM

BFG AT KO's are ok. They're better than average but I'm not amazed by them or anything. I'll go back to Bridgestone for my next set or try something new (like MTs).
Old 04-25-2008, 07:37 PM

BFG AT vs. DUELER REVOs

Im about to buy a set of 285/75/16 for my 2002 taco. which tire is better the revo or the BFG's?
Old 04-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Woodbert
Ask again in a few weeks. I'm waiting for the Revos in the 265-70-17 flavor to sail accross the Pacific.

Gives me some time to decide if I want white letters out or not...

Maybe I shoud do ANOTHER "White letter out or not" poll.

I didn't think that revos even had white lettering?

That is kinda the sale breaker for me, i LOVE white lettering and will end up with BFG just because they have them most likely, unless the revos/teragraplers also have it now.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:09 PM

i have the BFGs on my truck right now and i very satisfied with them, not too good in the mud, but then again they are only a a/t so i dont expect them to and in the rain they arnt the greatest but it doesnt rain alot where i live so its not really an issue, but other than that they are great and no other complaints on them.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Contributing Member

This thread is almost five freaking years old!!!!

PS... BFG's are what the cool kids drive on....
Old 04-25-2008, 09:54 PM

OMG this thread is from 2003!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Contributing Member

I don't think Revos and the KOs are really the same type of tire to begin with;Nittos TGs are more the direct competitor to BFGs.

Revos aren't really in the same class as BFGs and TGs when it comes to off roading capablities and the Revos are more of a street tire with decent off road intentions.

Ok,now back to 2008.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:10 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Texas_Ace
I didn't think that revos even had white lettering?

That is kinda the sale breaker for me, i LOVE white lettering and will end up with BFG just because they have them most likely, unless the revos/teragraplers also have it now.
My revos have white lettering on one side, black on the other. I think most just mount them black side out.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:35 AM

My Revo's have white lettering too, facing out of course.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:42 AM

How to get the best deal on KOs or Revos - should I buy online(4WheelParts or Tirerack) and then find somewhere(Wallyworld, mom and pop shop) to install tires or should I buy the tires at the same place where I get them mounted(Firestone or NTB)?

Quick Reply: BFG AT KOs VS. DUELER REVOs